Ray Allen Upset With UConn Over Ollie Situation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ray Allen Upset With UConn Over Ollie Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don’t bother, this is clearly someone who has been nigh-oblivious to what has transpired over the least 18 months or however long it’s been now

Settlements don’t always happen immediately.

Reaction Score
David Borges‏ @DaveBorges 47m47 minutes ago

Ray Allen: “Kevin’s never said, ‘Give me my entire contract.’ It’s a negotiation. They need to meet somewhere in the middle, and he knows that ... And yet, you still hold him like he’s some kid that had nothing to do with the program

The new prez wants this to go away and start fresh in the Fall. Looks for a settlement before the class of 23 gets here. The DB is running this show in lieu of the president. Can't wait till he is gone

Reaction Score
You could say the exact same statement about everyone on the boneyard arguing the other side
Absolutely. The only difference is we dont have any sway in public opinion..

Reaction Score
Because if the school will settle now, they will somehow save face? The time for that is long gone. Loyalty within the brotherhood is cool and all, but I doubt the school would take it this far if they felt they had a losing hand. This idea that Kevin felt entitled is what got him in this mess in the first place.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because if the school will settle now, they will somehow save face? The time for that is long gone. Loyalty within the brotherhood is cool and all, but I doubt the school would take it this far if they felt they had a losing hand. This idea that Kevin felt entitled is what got him in this mess in the first place.

If it’s one thing I know it’s UConn really plays their hands well. I would totally have faith in a lame duck administration to nail this one.

Reaction Score
Don't know if it was listed anywhere else, but Ray and KO recently did a public appearance together at Schofield Barracks. Hoops for the Troops. So they are still friends. Frustrating for him. Seems like too much water under the bridge for Uconn and KO to ever resolve. You can blame whomever you want, but there is planty of blame to go around on either side. I am sure KO has other friends associated with the program. I hope any of them do not alienate themselves because of this.

pj

Reaction Score
Kevin should make a settlement offer to UConn if he wants to meet in the middle. Why does Ray frame it as if getting to a settlement is all UConn's responsibility? There are two parties here and KO can take the initiative to get something done.

Reaction Score
If it’s one thing I know it’s UConn really plays their hands well. I would totally have faith in a lame duck administration to nail this one.
Great point. This isn't as much about UConn playing their hand well. Its more how poorly KO played his. I do agree, the lame duck administration should not be applauded.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Great point. This isn't as much about UConn playing their hand well. Its more how poorly KO played his. I do agree, the lame duck administration should not be applauded.

People here have decided that based on limited knowledge. Until it’s over we don’t know who played their hand better.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If anything can be used to describe the UConn administration the past decade it's surely not competence.

The same people that can't even fire a hoops coach without a major legal battle, were the same people who were trying to negotiate our way into the ACC.

Reaction Score
If anything can be used to describe the UConn administration the past decade it's surely not competence.

The same people that can't even fire a hoops coach without a major legal battle, were the same people who were trying to negotiate our way into the ACC.
Not exactly the same people but yes we've been incompetent. This is on Ollie though.

Reaction Score
Former players are great for nostalgia and, sometimes, recruiting. Other than that, not much.

What is a team without recruiting? & really do we want to sever our AAC basketball team from its past?

Reaction Score
It stuns me to see people knocking Ray Allen in this thread.

Um, if UConn cuts ties with its former greats, it becomes just an AAC school, not a school with an unbelievable past.
I don't disagree but its cool then for a former UConn great to publicly shame/guilt the University? It was best for Ray to keep his opinion off the record.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry, but I can care less what Ray thinks about the situation. I don’t think he’s necessarily an unbiased party in this situation
perhaps Ray can put some money towards Uconn settlement to help resolve the issue??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He's just annoyed he had to meet with lawyers lol.
Ironically enough it was Ollie's attorney who want to take depositions of a a big list of potential witnesses, not UConn. It would appear to a part of strategy to be the biggest PITAs they can be as inducement for Connecticut to settle.

IMHO Ray should limit himself to statement saying he hopes the parties can reach an agreement, rather that taking a side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom