Ray Allen Upset With UConn Over Ollie Situation | The Boneyard

Ray Allen Upset With UConn Over Ollie Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Did anyone ask Ray for his thoughts on KO's accusations towards UConn? Doesn't seem like it...

Reaction Score
KO has done a disservice to himself on not coming to some equitable agreement. He has tarnished his image to the point he will be lucky to be a CCSU ball boy. Not sure where his head is after that divorce but it isn't in a good place. Ray is just sticking up for his homie so what he says is just noise even it is from a potential donor. I'm sure Uconn wants this to go away but they aren't going to pay KO his full contract.

Reaction Score
We are the die-hard fans that watched every frustrating game and cared about the players that transferred, the recruits that de-committed...we felt the the pain of the post 2014 Ollie era the most....so I know most of the BY will never side with Ollie on anything...

But Ray is right. This is a bad look for our school and needs to go away. Get to a damn settlement. It seems like Ollie will take one.. And for UConn lawyers to grill Ray over some minor crap that he probably doesn't even remember...a man who has done millions of times more for the University than they could ever dream of....Its very pathetic. I'm glad he spoke out. Hopefully this puts pressure on UConn to get to a settlement. UConn needs Ray's support a lot more than he needs UConn.

Reaction Score

https://twitter.com/NeillOstrout/status/1141385373085503490
Ray Allen: “I was deposed last month and I was badgered by the lawyers on that side. I’m extremely disappointed about that. They are digging their heels in.”

https://twitter.com/NeillOstrout/status/1141385721967775748
Allen: “This university just needs to pay him (Ollie) the money. They need to come to an agreement and they need to move on with this."

Don't worry Kevin...I haven't been enthusiastic about UConn for a few years now

Reaction Score
Former players are great for nostalgia and, sometimes, recruiting. Other than that, not much.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We are the die-hard fans that watched every frustrating game and cared about the players that transferred, the recruits that de-committed...we felt the the pain of the post 2014 Ollie era the most....so I know most of the BY will never side with Ollie on anything...

But Ray is right. This is a bad look for our school and needs to go away. Get to a damn settlement. It seems like Ollie will take one.. And for UConn lawyers to grill Ray over some minor crap that he probably doesn't even remember...a man who has done millions of times more for the University than they could ever dream of....Its very pathetic. I'm glad he spoke out. Hopefully this puts pressure on UConn to get to a settlement. UConn needs Ray's support a lot more than he needs UConn.

Ray is wrong. UConn tried to settle. Ollie wouldn't hear of it and wanted every penny. There's no way any school in UConn's situation would pay him more than $2-3M to go away. He has no case. The fundamental problem is that Kevin just isn't very smart, and is either getting bad advice or ignoring good advice from counsel.

Reaction Score
KO has done a disservice to himself on not coming to some equitable agreement. He has tarnished his image to the point he will be lucky to be a CCSU ball boy. Not sure where his head is after that divorce but it isn't in a good place. Ray is just sticking up for his homie so what he says is just noise even it is from a potential donor. I'm sure Uconn wants this to go away but they aren't going to pay KO his full contract.

KO's divorce has seemingly has an overly large impact on him. I get that a divorce can be impactful in many aspects of one's life but this one has seeminghly has an overisize impact on him.

Reaction Score
Ray is wrong. UConn tried to settle. Ollie wouldn't hear of it and wanted every penny. There's no way any school in UConn's situation would pay him more than $2-3M to go away. He has no case. The fundamental problem is that Kevin just isn't very smart, and is either getting bad advice or ignoring good advice from counsel.

Ok maybe he wouldn’t settle then, so what. He would probably settle now. They need to get it done and take the emotion and stubbornness out of it.

Reaction Score
And you arrive at this conclusion based on what?
Don’t bother, this is clearly someone who has been nigh-oblivious to what has transpired over the least 18 months or however long it’s been now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom