Ray Allen tells his story | The Boneyard

Ray Allen tells his story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was listening to the Felger and Mazz show, its crazy how Ray is all of the sudden looked at as a villain in Boston. They were saying how Ray is viewed as a classy guy but is really selfish, Selfish for what for going to another team during free agency. Then they brought up the 2010 finals saying it was Ray who cost them that series, thats real classy that they bring that up now. At least they did call Garnett a baby.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I was listening to the Felger and Mazz show, its crazy how Ray is all of the sudden looked at as a villain in Boston. They were saying how Ray is viewed as a classy guy but is really selfish, Selfish for what for going to another team during free agency. Then they brought up the 2010 finals saying it was Ray who cost them that series, thats real classy that they bring that up now. At least they did call Garnett a baby.

Boston is notorious for trashing their stars on the way out of town, so this isn't surprising.

Reaction Score
From their interviews per ESPN, Ray looks like a class act (as always) and Paul Pierce downplayed it as well. KG is what he is, an ass.

Reaction Score
Actually, Rivers and Garnett keep talking about it. Ray's just responding.

Reaction Score
Boston is notorious for trashing their stars on the way out of town, so this isn't surprising.
I can't honestly think of an example of a star that was trashed on the way out. Most the big stars that left Boston were actually praised. Borque, Curtis Martin, Plunkett, Bledsoe.... Unless your talking baseball, which I don't follow. But after listening to baseball fans for years at work, I have decided that they are the whiniest fans in the world.

Reaction Score
I can't honestly think of an example of a star that was trashed on the way out. Most the big stars that left Boston were actually praised. Borque, Curtis Martin, Plunkett, Bledsoe.... Unless your talking baseball, which I don't follow. But after listening to baseball fans for years at work, I have decided that they are the whiniest fans in the world.
For the Red Sox, Nomar and Manny were trashed on their way out. In Manny's case, it was largely his fault, but Nomar was the victim of a propaganda campaign by the Red Sox owners.

I wouldn't expect this board to be objective about this, but Ray's done a good job making himself look pretty childish. Nothing that the Celtics did "forced" Ray to leave like he said (starting Avery Bradley over a 50% Ray was a good basketball move, not a sign of disrespect). If he wanted to go to Miami, the team that's knocked him out the past two years, then fine. That was his choice as a free agent.

But stop pointing your finger at everyone at: at Rondo, at Doc, at Danny, at the Celtics mascot, etc. Man up and just admit it was your choice.

Reaction Score
Ray's been traded by the C's a hundred times over and was always disrespected. I don't see where Ray has been childish by answering the media's obvious questions regarding this situation?

And as a C's fan the Rondo issues have always been there, Ainge always had him on the block....are these facts or not?

caw

Reaction Score
For the Red Sox, Nomar and Manny were trashed on their way out. In Manny's case, it was largely his fault, but Nomar was the victim of a propaganda campaign by the Red Sox owners.

I wouldn't expect this board to be objective about this, but Ray's done a good job making himself look pretty childish. Nothing that the Celtics did "forced" Ray to leave like he said (starting Avery Bradley over a 50% Ray was a good basketball move, not a sign of disrespect). If he wanted to go to Miami, the team that's knocked him out the past two years, then fine. That was his choice as a free agent.

But stop pointing your finger at everyone at: at Rondo, at Doc, at Danny, at the Celtics mascot, etc. Man up and just admit it was your choice.

This makes no sense to me. People have reasons they do things (justified or not) the Rondo, Doc, Danny, etc + feeling better with Miami were the reasons Ray made his choice. I'm pretty sure he has said it was his choice, but those are reasons he made the choice.

Reaction Score
Ray Allen going to the Heat worked out better for Ray Allen and the Celtics. Tough to see him go to the Heat, but it wasnt in the Celtics best interest to keep him around for 3 more years with a no-trade. Now an aging Allen can better utilize his current skillset instead of 20 seconds of running through screens for a closely guarded look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom