Ray Allen still in CT, still impressing people | The Boneyard

Ray Allen still in CT, still impressing people

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Allen is always a 10-time All-Star here and sticks out with wiry 6-foot-5 frame and his greyhound-like physique. He looks like he could play another 10 years belying his birth certificate which says he is 38. He commands respect and in some cases adulation from the players and multitude of parents that hang around to watch.

But he is also one of the gang here, sitting on the floor with the kids, both young and hold, standing with them, talking with them, instructing them, laughing with them. He is Ray Allen, many parts future Hall of Famer and many parts one of the gang.

Allen shows classy touch at camp, Litchfield County Sports

Reaction Score
Saw him at The Cheesecake Factory in West Hartford the other afternoon. Great to see him around

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
My 4 favorites are Ray, KO, Donny Marshall & Kemba...because of the way they conduct themselves & for being such AWESOME ambassadors for UCONN. I think that after he's graduated, I will also add Shabazz to this list.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
My 4 favorites are Ray, KO, Donny Marshall & Kemba...because of the way they conduct themselves & for being such AWESOME ambassadors for UCONN. I think that after he's graduated, I will also add Shabazz to this list.
Great list and hard to pick just a few, but I'd have to add Emeka. Always a class act.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I thought someone might weigh in & add Emeka. I chose the four I mentioned because they have all come back & mentored the current team. KO was doing that before he became coach. Donny, Ray & Kemba are on campus OFTEN working out with the team. I think Bazz will also be one of those who "gives back". You're right, tho...Emeka is a classy guy & I am also grateful that he represents UCONN.

Reaction Score
Just think Ray wanted to go to Clemson but they did not offer.Recruited also by Pitino and UK.

Reaction Score
He has a house in Cromwell on TPC River Highlands, awesome guy.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
don't leave out my boy Caron

Reaction Score
So proud of Huskies like Ray, Caron and Emeka doing great thing off the court! I anticipate Kemba will do likewise when he gets that fat second contract in two years. I suspect Thabeet is doing his big share already, albeit unknown to us. I remember what he drew out of his own pocket to donate to the needy in Tanzania while he was visiting there as a financially-strapped sophomore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom