Ray Allen spoke at today’s practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ray Allen spoke at today’s practice

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I know I was being slightly sarcastic. My humor is questionable

Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

Reaction Score
Rudy there as well with Ray it looks like.

Who are all the kids?
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — Ray Allen was back home Friday night, so to speak: less than an hour away from where he became a household name playing for UConn and 10 minutes from his crowning achievement in the sport of basketball.

Ray Allen was on the sidelines at Springfield College’s Blake Arena. But he wasn't shooting the deep three-ball. Instead, he was coaching Gulliver Prep, a high school team out of Pinecrest, Florida in the famed Spalding HoopHall Classic.

Alternate free link:

Former UConn standout, NBA Hall of Famer Ray Allen coaching son in high school basketball

Reaction Score
Not really. Other than a 1-3-1 zones are pretty much specifically designed to STOP dribble penetration. You beat a zone with shooting, rebounding, and creating plays from the middle of the floor.

They can’t shoot but they can drive. So you think you’d try to clog up the paint and make them shoot it from the perimeter. But instead a 1-3-1 zone where drivers can still create and get into, is what Danny likes. Crazy attempt at adjusting, horrible actually!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Ray was never that vocal leader. We need Coach Calhoun to speak to the team and put some sense into them.
He’s been coaching St Joes into the best in their division. Maybe we can hold out for a comeback? Lol

Reaction Score
Ray was never that vocal leader. We need Coach Calhoun to speak to the team and put some sense into them.
Nothing says “your coach can’t coach” like bringing in Calhoun to motivate your team.

You’re better off having Calhoun coach, which obviously is completely out of the question.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nothing says “your coach can’t coach” like bringing in Calhoun to motivate your team.

You’re better off having Calhoun coach, which obviously is completely out of the question.
Totally not true

Coach K had Bobby Knight, Larry Brown, Eddie Sutton among others come and talk to his teams. Many coaches do the same at the D1 level.
It's an insecure person who would feel that "your coach can't coach way."
Joe Morrone would bring in many past and contemporary coaches to not only talk to his players but work with them.
I did the same with my teams.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
He’s been coaching St Joes into the best in their division. Maybe we can hold out for a comeback? Lol
HuskyWarrior611; I believe he retired before this season started.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom