Ray Allen....not bad. | The Boneyard

Ray Allen....not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He saved the Heat's bacon in with the clutch three and the steal and clutch FTs in OT
LBJ could have been a real goat with 2 bad TOs in last minute of the 4th and failing to finish against Green in the last minute of OT through in an airball and two other missed shots and that was two very poor minutes of basketball by LBJ.
Bosh after sucking most of the game, really came up big with those two key blocks and the rebound where he threw the pass to Ray.
Even if he doesn't get a second ring Ray has done himself and UCONN nation proud!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Judas Shuttleworth, my all-time favorite NBA player (until Kemba replaces him), tore my heart out yesterday with that shot

Ray Ray, is that how you treat family?

:)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At least it was Ray with the dagger. He was their best player the game before, as well.

Reaction Score
I cannot imagine this will ever happen. I could see him doing some "tutoring" in the summer, but not actually coaching on the sidelines.

As great as it would be for Ray to be a coach for Uconn I cannot see it happening, HOF players just dont make great coaches. It wouldnt look good for KO to have a more popular player as an assistant.

Reaction Score
Had Kwahi made both free throws....

If the Heat win this series, we're going to hear endless praise for LeBron. And maybe Ray Allen, too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If the Heat win this series, we're going to hear endless praise for LeBron.

When they lose, it's because he can't do it all himself. When they win he gets all the credit.

Reaction Score
When they lose, it's because he can't do it all himself. When they win he gets all the credit.
Ain't that the truth. "LeBron brought in Ray Allen!"

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

If they had lost LeBron would've gotten killed on ESPN and the like. Two years ago he had a triple double in a losing effort against Dallas and the story was, yeah, but it wasn't a clutch triple-double, or something.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He sure did foul Ginobili.

But that 3 was super clutch.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No he didn't. Or not much - I know still shots don't always capture everything, but there's a whole lot of ball before there's contact with the arm.

http://twitter.com/palmer102/status/347228585695776768/photo/1

The foul started before then. His arm raked Ginobili's chest before coming down and hitting his arm and dislodging the ball. Breen and Van Gundy both thought it was a foul after watching the slow mo. Not exactly flagrant but it's a pretty big non-call with 1.9 seconds left.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Btw, Popovich may have cost himself a title with his awful coaching down the stretch.

Remove the best rebounder in the building on 2 key possessions? You'd think after they failed to get the first defensive rebound he might learn something, but no. And then, yeah, let's let the guy with 7 to's take the ball all the way. That seems like a good idea.

Reaction Score
The foul started before then. His arm raked Ginobili's chest before coming down and hitting his arm and dislodging the ball. Breen and Van Gundy both thought it was a foul after watching the slow mo. Not exactly flagrant but it's a pretty big non-call with 1.9 seconds left.

Meh - soft contact on the chest, if any - that's just begging for a call. He didn't hit Ginobli's arm until after he had his hand on the ball for a good length of time (in the second frame, Ginobli clearly has both hands firmly on the ball, so nothing has been dislodged, and Ray is only touching ball - not a molecule of skin). Ray didn't get a foul when Parker undercut him when he had his runner bounce in during OT. Didn't expect the call - you shouldn't get a soft call here.

Breen and Van Gundy were commenting on a lousy replay, where a player was in the foreground screening out Ray's hand on the ball. I thought live that Ray had his hand on the ball first and watched that replay very closely, and you couldn't see it. For what it's worth - and I feel squeamish using him as a counter point - Doug Gottlieb tweeted in real time that it wasn't a foul.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If they had lost LeBron would've gotten killed on ESPN and the like.

By Skip Bayless and Jim Rome, maybe. Otherwise it's just a big pity-party for the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom