Ray Allen Inducted into the Hall of Fame | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ray Allen Inducted into the Hall of Fame

Reaction Score
Hey we all have opinions of him and I saw him on hilltop a lot and he wasn’t as nice as Donny Marshall.
Donny was super cool for sure. I delivered pizza their freshmen year, when the huge class of Donny, KO, Donyell etc came in. They ordered one day, Donny was so friendly, introducing me individually to Donyell and each of the other players. He was a very impressive 18 year old kid to say the least. Burrell and Rod Sellers were fantastic guys as well. Overall, JC recruited some outstanding people, not just basketball players.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not to be a dick but he technically is invited not inducted yet

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Way to go Ray!!!!!!!!!!

images

Praise Jesus!!!

Reaction Score
Maybe he didn't like you
His mother worked for me for a short period of time while he was at UConn
Travis and Ray came into the office quite often and we talked
Ray was always a little quiet and reserved but Travis was a hoot
I was glad I got to talk to him again this week in Middletown
CONGRATS Ray Ray
Any word on what Travis is up to these days?

Reaction Score
Hey we all have opinions of him and I saw him on hilltop a lot and he wasn’t as nice as Donny Marshall.

Lol if anyone was full of himself and not a great dude in college it was Donny.

Reaction Score
He's going to be 28 next month, so he's got about 3-4 prime seasons left and is, really only over the last two years, considered one of the best guards in the NBA. Short window of greatness. I don't see it happening for him. Hope I'm wrong.
Maurice Cheeks just got voted into the HoF. If Kemba played on a great team he'd have a shot.

Reaction Score

We looked so good back then. So miss legit UCONN teams stepping on the court. It’s been a long time. Maybe since 2009 or so. 2011 and 2014 we were under achieving then over achieved but those weren’t traditional stud UCONN teams.

Reaction Score
When the program was clicking like it was in the 90s, those guys were such huge fish in a very small pond. He must have changed since the time I met him. I used to live right behind the Red Sox Spring Training complex and tried to interact with players early in their careers when they were humble. I have good memories of meeting Rafael Devers, Mookie, JBJ, Yoan Moncada and others that might be ruined now if I met them again. Scott Burrell was one UConn player I can say for sure remained humble and grounded throughout his career, even after landing a big signing bonus from the Blue Jays.

Reaction Score
We looked so good back then. So miss legit UCONN teams stepping on the court. It’s been a long time. Maybe since 2009 or so. 2011 and 2014 we were under achieving then over achieved but those weren’t traditional stud UCONN teams.
And its crazy to think with how dominant those teams were in the early to mid 90’s, they never made a Final Four.

Reaction Score
And its crazy to think with how dominant those teams were in the early to mid 90’s, they never made a Final Four.
I was thinking that last night. Ray was a two time All American, Donyell was the second best player in the country in 93-94, the teams were stacked overall. Two missed free throws by Donyell, a completely stacked UCLA team in 95 and a Ricky Moore injury was all that kept the program from possibly three final fours. All that frustration though made 99 that much sweeter.

Reaction Score
Well like I said it is only from my experiences with the different players in person. Scott Burrell is probably the nicest UCONN player I met.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom