Ray Allen Inducted into the Hall of Fame | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ray Allen Inducted into the Hall of Fame

Reaction Score
Fantastic and well deserved news. Ray is a class act and a perfect ambassador for the program. This is great timing for Hurley and Co on the recruiting trail.

Reaction Score
I don't like him as a person as I went to school with him at UCONN and met him in person in an after party in Dallas when we won as he isn't the nicest guy in the world and a little too full of himself. Congrats to him as this makes UCONN look good!

Reaction Score
not just because he's from UCONN but the series between the celtics and bulls with Ray and Ben going back and forth is the best series I can remember

I was at that game at the garden where they just went back and forth, I thought I had died and gone to heaven for real

Reaction Score
allen-profile.jpg

I wonder if Rutty will use this as a recruiting postcard.

Reaction Score
Congrats Big Ray, I’ll never forget wearing your number 34 Connecticut Jersey to School once a week, you have been a true role model for a man like myself!!

Reaction Score
I don't like him as a person as I went to school with him at UCONN and met him in person in an after party in Dallas when we won as he isn't the nicest guy in the world and a little too full of himself. Congrats to him as this makes UCONN look good!
Interesting. I met him the night he got drafted and 3 years later. He couldn’t have been nicer then, but after a long career and $100 plus millions in earnings I could see that changing.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Congrats Ray! Your battle with AI in the BE Conference final in '96 was what got me into college basketball.

And a humble brag, but as many of you probably have, I met Ray once. He came into the place I work and I told him I was a UConn alum and big fan of his. He shook my hand and talked to me for a minute or two about UConn hoops. Was something I'll never forget.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You are probably mistaking being quiet and reserved for being aloof and full of himself. Ray's a quiet introspective guy. Classic obsessive introvert type.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Maybe he didn't like you
His mother worked for me for a short period of time while he was at UConn
Travis and Ray came into the office quite often and we talked
Ray was always a little quiet and reserved but Travis was a hoot
I was glad I got to talk to him again this week in Middletown
CONGRATS Ray Ray

Reaction Score
You are probably mistaking being quiet and reserved for being aloof and full of himself. Ray's a quiet introspective guy. Classic obsessive introvert type.
I think that’s more the case. The night he got drafted, I met him at his hotel while he was having dinner with his agent. He was very nice and polite but I didn’t want to take up too much of his time on his big night. Recently I read the article where he stated he was so upset that he was traded that night, because he felt unwanted by Milwaukee. So on one of the worst nights of his life, he was still very accommodating. I’ll base my opinion on him off the two personal interactions I had with him which were both extremely positive.

Reaction Score
Awesome, has he said who is introducing him into the HOF it has to be someone already inducted would think it would be JC, it can be multiple guys.

Reaction Score

There are enough anecdotes like that out there about Ray that I imagine there is some truth to the idea that he can be uptight and self-righteous at times.

But you can say that about a lot of people, pro athletes especially. And bringing up a brief exchange from 25 years ago to support your conclusion that he "isn't the nicest guy" in his HOF induction thread is probably not the way to go.

Reaction Score
Have met his wife’s father several times at football game tailgates. Very extroverted guy w/ lots of stories. Ray is definitely a quiet guy. Very pleased for Ray, he is definitely very deserving. Congrats Ray.

Reaction Score
Does Kemba have a chance? If not how can he?

Drummond sure does if he keeps his game up. Scary thing is he hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Reaction Score
Maybe he didn't like you
His mother worked for me for a short period of time while he was at UConn
Travis and Ray came into the office quite often and we talked
Ray was always a little quiet and reserved but Travis was a hoot
I was glad I got to talk to him again this week in Middletown
CONGRATS Ray Ray
Hey we all have opinions of him and I saw him on hilltop a lot and he wasn’t as nice as Donny Marshall.

Reaction Score
Kemba's not going to the HOF, guys. We love him and for good reason, but a little more objectivity isn't a bad thing.
If he can be on some very successful teams and have great longevity I think he can. He’s becoming a better shooter and setting himself up well for when his athletic skills diminish.

Reaction Score
Kemba needs like 8+ more all star caliber seasons. It’s not likely. It would be nice to see how he would do running point on a better team.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If he can be on some very successful teams and have great longevity I think he can. He’s becoming a better shooter and setting himself up well for when his athletic skills diminish.

He's going to be 28 next month, so he's got about 3-4 prime seasons left and is, really only over the last two years, considered one of the best guards in the NBA. Short window of greatness. I don't see it happening for him. Hope I'm wrong.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Re: Kemba - he has the miracle run, he’s currently the leader in many franchise categories...say he has 5 -7 great years then 3-5 solid veteran starter years and wins a few rings... add that to his college credentials, he’d be in the discussion.

Thinking like Kidd, Payton, Tim Hardaway...right now he hasn’t been at the peak of Kidd or probably Payton either...but some longevity and winning would help change that narrative.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom