Ray Allen coaching?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
It's 2014/2015 and your a 4-5 star point guard , shooting guard, combo guard. The door bell rings and its a NBA hall of famer, millionaire , nba all - time 3 pt. shooter, college legend , former team mate of Lebron , Rondo, Wade , Pierce and his name is "Jesus". What do you do?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I thought I read somewhere RA admitted he is OC and would be a horrible coach for young players.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
as much as the UConn Nation loves Ray
The last thing we need now on the bench is another ex Husky UNLESS the guy has unbelievable recruiting arms into several parts of the country. Diversity is the key.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I actually think Ray would be a monster on the recruiting front. Recruits know him and he is one of the most respected guys in the history of the NBA. On top of that he has the de facto title of "The Greatest Shooter of All Time" which is huge, when you ask an average person who isnt necessarily an NBA fan "Who is the best shooter of all time", 9/10 the answer will be Ray. His work ethic is legendary and is something that is worth its weight in gold in terms of coaching, if a coach put that much effort and time into developing his own game, imagine what he'd do for these guys in practice.

That being said, Id say there is a roughly 10% chance he coaches at the college level. He has been insanely successful throughout his career so money is not an issue for him at all, he is also a family man so I can see him wanting to relax and spend time with his family after he officially retires. If he so chooses to coach somewhere down the line, I'd say its more likely he is offered a head coaching job in the NBA much like Steve Kerr was given, simply because of his name recognition, work ethic, and knowledge of the game.

C

Chief00

Next season. Normally, I think we need outside UConn blood with recruiting or AAU connections. A Bigs coach who was not a guard would be nice. But Ray is Ray.
I think you will see at least one change this offseason.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think you will see at least one change this offseason.

Honestly, I dont. The problem with having a staff made up exclusively of "UConn guys" is that it becomes difficult to move them or make changes. I dont think Ollie is the kind of guy to put one of his staff members out of a job, especially in his 3rd year coaching, at least not yet.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Honestly, I dont. The problem with having a staff made up exclusively of "UConn guys" is that it becomes difficult to move them or make changes. I dont think Ollie is the kind of guy to put one of his staff members out of a job, especially in his 3rd year coaching, at least not yet.
Too bad. If the staff isn't getting it done, it doesn't matter if they're UConn guys. He should want the best coaching staff possible. I know that Karl Hobbs was really close to getting the C of Charleston job this past year so I don't think it's out of the question that at least one of them takes a job elsewhere or is let go by Ollie and the athletic department. Especially after a season like this. Coaching changes are good.

C

Chief00

I like Hobbs the best but I think he is the guy leaving. However, given the poor season it will be tough to get a head coach job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom