Raven out for the year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Raven out for the year

Reaction Score
In terms of impact to their teams this year, I think now even ESPN would have to rate our freshmen class ahead of SC after taking out Johnson for them and Sailor for us.

Reaction Score
That's awful news. All the best to this young woman, and come back better than ever.

Reaction Score
when other fanbases read this comment, do you think it's a good representation of Uconn fans?
well, oldhuskie and I have exchanged enough for me to be unoffended and I appreciate the outpouring of sympathy on this board.

I'll argue his point after our first encounter. Hopefully, that will be about a week from now.

Reaction Score
I became a UConn fan even though I haven’t spent more than two weeks in the state because a fellow bookseller who knew my passion for women’s sports introduced me to Husky basketball 25 years ago. He sat behind the bench and never missed a game. Bill Dunn, if any of you knew him. Part of the reason is I love excellence. And following UConn allows me to watch other great players. When a Raven Johnson goes down it brings me great pain. I think it is obvious that is a shared reaction on the Boneyard. Just as we want Saylor to succeed at her new school, we hope Raven comes back better than ever.

Reaction Score
I became a UConn fan even though I haven’t spent more than two weeks in the state because a fellow bookseller who knew my passion for women’s sports introduced me to Husky basketball 25 years ago. He sat behind the bench and never missed a game. Bill Dunn, if any of you knew him. Part of the reason is I love excellence. And following UConn allows me to watch other great players. When a Raven Johnson goes down it brings me great pain. I think it is obvious that is a shared reaction on the Boneyard. Just as we want Saylor to succeed at her new school, we hope Raven comes back better than ever.
Well said Dokey.

Reaction Score
That poor kid. Must be hard mentally and physically to deal with this. I don't know how many games South Carolina has played, but if it was not more than 4, she can red-shirt. Also, as we all know our own Sue Bird went down with an injury her freshman year, and her career turned out pretty darn good. Hopefully things will work out as well for Raven, although I would be good with her not having great games against UConn. :)

Reaction Score
That poor kid. Must be hard mentally and physically to deal with this. I don't know how many games South Carolina has played, but if it was not more than 4, she can red-shirt. Also, as we all know our own Sue Bird went down with an injury her freshman year, and her career turned out pretty darn good. Hopefully things will work out as well for Raven, although I would be good with her not having great games against UConn. :)
we/she has played only two games. I hope she recovers so that she goes in the first round after her fourth year anyway.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I saw her play in her high school State Championship game and was very impressed. It made me think that maybe she was as talented as any freshman coming into college. I was looking forward to watching her this season. I hope she fully recovers and able to play full speed next season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't know how many games South Carolina has played, but if it was not more than 4, she can red-shirt.
The usual threshold for a medical hardship waiver is having played in no more than 30% of the team's so-called "dates of competition", which typically amounts to 8 or 9 games, provided all are before the season midpoint.

No question Raven will qualify for a medical hardship waiver.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, South Carolina’s Raven Johnson is out for the year after suffering an undisclosed knee injury. I, for one, will miss seeing her play against UConn this year. Here’s hoping for a full recovery.
It is always terrible and deflating to see a star player go down for the season. But South Carolina's win/loss record will barely notice. They have that much talent.

Reaction Score
It is always terrible and deflating to see a star player go down for the season. But South Carolina's win/loss record will barely notice. They have that much talent.
You assume no other injuries to point guards. Even without such an injury, we had all hoped that she would get on-the-job training this year and be prepared to step into a major role at point next year.

But thank you for your expression of sympathy for our young player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom