Rave reviews from Shea | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rave reviews from Shea

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Being a great player does not make one a great coach.
Magic Johnson was a coach on the floor; his coaching career was brief.
Isiah Thomas was horrible, horr-i-ble as coach (and GM).

That said, I can see Sue as a coach ... certainly moreso than DT.

I agree that great player does not necessarily make a great coach. I also agree that Sue would probably be a good one. She could recruit with anyone; she would show up with Diana and a huge bag of food from Wendy's.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I agree that great player does not necessarily make a great coach. I also agree that Sue would probably be a good one. She could recruit with anyone; she would show up with Diana and a huge bag of food from Wendy's.
Hmmm ... I'm not sure the current Wendy's menu has the same recruiting power it has six or seven years ago. It might be more effective if she shows up with Diana and Five Guys.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
I would love to see Heather Buck finish her career at UCONN on a positive note... I believe we all see a different Heather this year.

- Entirely agree.

-It’s so easy to be a Heather Buck fan - UConn’s Connecticut native, carrying that demanding Nursing Major, committing to stay with us as a 5th year senior in whatever role she is asked.

- And my instinct, just reading the ‘Yard is…. The stars definitely seem to be lining up for us to see her in a special year – when her effectiveness is needed most.

--In my view, it’s entirely about the two epic games likely against Baylor: Armageddon I in Harford with both teams likely having unbeaten streaks on the line; and Armageddon II for all the marbles somewhere in the NCAA tourney.

-- Everything Heather has done to date and will continue to build upon in practice, conditioning, and all of this season’s games would seem to be prologue - prologue to whatever degree she indeed contributes to those two decisive games. Two games when all the prior effort simply no longer matters – just effectiveness.

-- Lucky girl; heck, I don’t know if UConn’s ever had a more worthy opponent. Not only should Baylor be stronger than ever, but of course, no WCBB team in the foreseeable future will have the outstanding capability Senior BG brings to that team.

-- So while UConn may have to be firing on all cylinders to beat them, Heather seems particularly fortunate by nature of her position. That is, no matter how many minutes, no matter what role she is launched into, every second will count, since… it’s almost certainly going to be flying straight into the Battle of Brittney.

-- What a challenge. I’m really glad she decided to stay with us this year!

Reaction Score
Have alot of respect for John and for the rest of the writers. So, here,s my answer to his query :
My main basketball interest is in "Our Girls" - in fact, it is about the only team I will watch (yes, Posse, I realize there is most always another team on the floor out of necessity:rolleyes: ). Less interest when they are on a pro team as I find that game to be almost as distasteful as the men's game at all levels (chronic rule violations, lack of sportsmanship etc). On rare occasion I'll take a peek at one of our old players just to see how they are doing.
Hope you'll use your reporting time and energies, John, primarily on slaking our thirst for solid info on our team, including (and especially) the pros and cons re the developing abilities of the various individuals, observed at the practices we don't get to witness....how various combinations are clicking...how the various coaches are contributing............all of the stuff which relates to what we can expect to see at game time when they toss up the ball.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Have alot of respect for John and for the rest of the writers. So, here,s my answer to his query :
My main basketball interest is in "Our Girls" - in fact, it is about the only team I will watch (yes, Posse, I realize there is most always another team on the floor out of necessity:rolleyes: ). Less interest when they are on a pro team as I find that game to be almost as distasteful as the men's game at all levels (chronic rule violations, lack of sportsmanship etc). On rare occasion I'll take a peek at one of our old players just to see how they are doing.
Hope you'll use your reporting time and energies, John, primarily on slaking our thirst for solid info on our team, including (and especially) the pros and cons re the developing abilities of the various individuals, observed at the practices we don't get to witness....how various combinations are clicking...how the various coaches are contributing............all of the stuff which relates to what we can expect to see at game time when they toss up the ball.
Wrong thread :)

Reaction Score
Wrong thread :)

Hey, I'm an old person! (Thanks for the tip. Will hope John reads all the threads, or maybe one of the "techies" can swap this to where it belongs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom