Rats! I wanted another 100 point game! | The Boneyard

Rats! I wanted another 100 point game!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just kidding. I’m tickled pink, er, National flag blue!

Lou and Phee - what can you say? And the kids all showed up to play! Crystal was a great floor general, despite being hacked all game.

No analysis from me in this thread. I’m just enjoying the moment.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
That second half was, I think, the most intelligent and focused offensive basketball they have played this year. And their defense in the third quarter, with Olivia patroling the paint, also played a big role-- also well executed. They earned both the victory and the margin. BTW, I think the coaching staff also made some great adjustments after the first half.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
These kind of games are why I'm a UConn fan. There ain't nuthin' finer than opening a can of whup ass on a good team. Blow out a bottom feeder and I'm likely to nod off mid game. Blow out a ranked team and I'm yelling at the TV for the full 40 minutes.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
These kind of games are why I'm a UConn fan. There ain't nuthin' finer than opening a can of whup ass on a good team. Blow out a bottom feeder and I'm likely to nod off mid game. Blow out a ranked team and I'm yelling at the TV for the full 40 minutes.

Heh heh heh, I'm feeling you! :D When you open up a can on a good team, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :p That's the kind of game you can replay 1-2 times. Their next game is Sunday. That's 5 days without any UC WBB. We may need to watch this one again once or twice if we begin to suffer withdrawal symptoms.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My prediction 84-74, DefenseBB takes a selfie with 3 Gamecock fans in Fort Mill and avoids getting beat up for any snarky comments :rolleyes:
I just hope that DefenseBB got out of Fort Mill without getting beat up after that game.:eek::eek:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Just kidding. I’m tickled pink, er, National flag blue!

Lou and Phee - what can you say? And the kids all showed up to play! Crystal was a great floor general, despite being hacked all game.

No analysis from me in this thread. I’m just enjoying the moment.

Not sure I have ever seen Phee drive as hard and fast to the rim as she did tonight. There seemed to be a little extra speed in a lot of those moves particularly in the 3rd qtr. Oddly enough they often come from the right side of the floor so they are left handed dribble-drives. I’d have to see a shot chart but it seems like she favors that move so much that the opposing scout would pick up on it !

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I just hope that DefenseBB got out of Fort Mill without getting beat up after that game.:eek::eek:

Its just WCBB.... now if it were a football game.. then all bets would be off

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Heh heh heh, I'm feeling you! :D When you open up a can on a good team, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :p That's the kind of game you can replay 1-2 times. Their next game is Sunday. That's 5 days without any UC WBB. We may need to watch this one again once or twice if we begin to suffer withdrawal symptoms.
I started the day watching last night's replay and am now watching last season's SC game in Columbia. My plan is to watch last season's UConn/SC tournament game next.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
M is here to stay. Since she and her attitude showed up, the Huskies have been scoring about 100 points a game
Keep 'em comin'.

Reaction Score
Truly magnificent offensive display...no better combo than Lou and Pheesa!

Danger is just a highlight reel waiting to happen. You get the impression she's got an endless bank of energy under the finest control.

Megan banging under the boards and calmly dropping daggers from beyond the arc.

Christyn battling through freshman fatigue and showing us that pure athleticism we got a preview of against Notre Dame.

The zone with Olivia works...she's drawing some shade from Geno, which means she's starting to be that important piece to the puzzle we all knew she would be.

What a great season...I don't want it to ever end.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
M is here to stay. Since she and her attitude showed up, the Huskies have been scoring about 100 points a game

Besides, she's probably more age appropriate. :oops:

Reaction Score
I started the day watching last night's replay and am now watching last season's SC game in Columbia. My plan is to watch last season's UConn/SC tournament game next.
Both of those games are favorites of mine. My eleven year old son got to slap hands with them before and after their game in Albany; it was all he talked about for days ☺️

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn is going to be very hard for any team to beat if they can play like this during the tournament. I think they can. The players and coaches are excited and pleased with their play over the last 3 games.

They have found a rhyme and rhythm that works for them. After last night’s performance against a team that should be a lock to reach the sweet 16, their confidence should be sky high. They were 1 made 3 pointer from reaching the century mark in 3 consecutive games.

The two games they lost was because they forgot to pack their jump shots. Shots that normally fall, didn't. It wasn't a lack of effort, their shots just didn't fall. They went cold as a team, fell behind and could not catch up.

Sometimes shots fall, then they don't. Look at the two halves last night. In the first quarter, almost everything SC put up went in. In the third quarter, they came out "ICE COLD", and nothing was going in for them. That's when UConn began pulling away. Same game, same arena, same rims. What happened? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
When you are a "Dame" , you don't have to smile unless you choose to do so. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Danger is just a highlight reel waiting to happen. You get the impression she's got an endless bank of energy under the finest control.
I think she has been the pace-setter the past 3 games.

I recall Moriah saying that she would determine the pace of the game, for both her team and the other team. Crystal is doing the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom