Ranking the undefeated teams... | The Boneyard

Ranking the undefeated teams...

Reaction Score
UConn is not number one right now. Being undefeated doesn't mean you're number one. Still, Oregon St., Stanford, and UConn is probably right. However, Baylor and Oregon are going to there at the end of the year competing for the NC.

Reaction Score
These posts just show the level of basketball knowledge on this Board. At this point in season, being undefeated has little meaning in how season will turn out. Go to Notre Dame, other blogs and you would never see this level of analytics.

Reaction Score
I was at the Loyola DePaul game yesterday and with minutes to go DePaul was down by 1 but came back to win. Incredibly DePaul pressed the ENTIRE game and poor Loyola was befuddled and was still turning the ball over at the end.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I was at the Loyola DePaul game yesterday and with minutes to go DePaul was down by 1 but came back to win. Incredibly DePaul pressed the ENTIRE game and poor Loyola was befuddled and was still turning the ball over at the end.
Pretty astounding considering that only 6 DePaul players played more than 5 minutes, and Stonewall and Campbell played 40 minutes each. Those two have some serious conditioning.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
These posts just show the level of basketball knowledge on this Board. At this point in season, being undefeated has little meaning in how season will turn out. Go to Notre Dame, other blogs and you would never see this level of analytics.
Every fan base has homers. The Boneyard just has so many more posters that we get a greater variety of opinions

Reaction Score
What does Oregon State have that we don’t? I can our team easily beating them anywhere on any given day.

Reaction Score
What does Oregon State have that we don’t? I can our team easily beating them anywhere on any given day.
I hope that game happens in NCAA playoffs. I have a response, but you wouldn't like it, or agree with it.

Reaction Score
Too many questions still about UCONN to make that boast.

Reaction Score
Oregon State's strengths include three starting guards who can all shoot very well, quality rebounders that typically win the rebounding battle (+14 per game so far), a commitment to team defense that usually results in the opposing team shooting poorly, and they are an unselfish team with solid passers that produce about 20 assists per game.

UConn has few weaknesses and does most of those same things very well.

All of those OSU strengths combine to produce a team that rarely beats itself, but is certainly susceptible to be being beat when it shoots poorly or faces a team that figures out how to score in its half court offense consistently.

I have watched both UConn and Oregon State play multiple times already this season. Both teams are well-coached and will exploit mismatches over and over again until the opposing team catches on. Hopefully, both teams will be able to avoid each other until the very end. In 2016, UConn eliminated Oregon State in the Final Four to win its most recent national title. Oregon State fans will hope for a different Final Four opponent in April 2020 in one of the two semifinals.

Reaction Score
Oregon State's strengths include three starting guards who can all shoot very well, quality rebounders that typically win the rebounding battle (+14 per game so far), a commitment to team defense that usually results in the opposing team shooting poorly, and they are an unselfish team with solid passers that produce about 20 assists per game.

UConn has few weaknesses and does most of those same things very well.

All of those OSU strengths combine to produce a team that rarely beats itself, but is certainly susceptible to be being beat when it shoots poorly or faces a team that figures out how to score in its half court offense consistently.

I have watched both UConn and Oregon State play multiple times already this season. Both teams are well-coached and will exploit mismatches over and over again until the opposing team catches on. Hopefully, both teams will be able to avoid each other until the very end. In 2016, UConn eliminated Oregon State in the Final Four to win its most recent national title. Oregon State fans will hope for a different Final Four opponent in April 2020 in one of the two semifinals.
Thanks. One minor correction...3 starting guards & 4th guard, Kat Tudor who all shoot very well. I would like OSU to play UConn in the NCAA Playoffs, FF, or otherwise. Would be a great game.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom