Rank those on the Wall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rank those on the Wall

Reaction Score
Seem to be missing the most recent 2 to be added to the wall... how soon they are forgotten:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Oops you’re Right!! In my haste, posted them then made some changes and forgot to put them back and hit reply. I have Pheesa after bascom and Lou After Jefferson.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
  1. Stewie
  2. *
  3. *
  4. *
  5. *
  6. Diana
  7. Maya
  8. Bird
  9. Jefferson
  10. Lobo
  11. Tina
  12. Rizzotti
  13. Swin
  14. Nykesha
  15. Svet
  16. Bascom
  17. Shea
  18. Big Girl
  19. Collier
  20. Dolson
  21. Montgomery
  22. KML
  23. Gabby
  24. Samuelson
  25. Tuck
  26. Bria

Reaction Score
Stewie carry UCONN to two titles as freshman and sophomore which is a great challenge than as a Jr and Sr. Dolson and Hartley failed two years in row and without Stewie would failed another two years. Remember Maya could not carry Dolson and Haartley but Stewie did.
Stewie played with AAs her first 2 years! It was just Maya her Sr. year!

Reaction Score
Breanna won four titles, while D won only three. Her freshman year D was surrounded by all-world talent. Breanna was never surrounded by all -world talent. Solid yes, but nowhere near the talent level when D was a freshman.l

Reaction Score
Breanna won four titles, while D won only three. Her freshman year D was surrounded by all-world talent. Breanna was never surrounded by all -world talent. Solid yes, but nowhere near the talent level when D was a freshman.l
With 2 first team AAs out with injuries before the tournament!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Stewie played with AAs her first 2 years! It was just Maya her Sr. year!
Both Dolson and Hartley had zero chance of being AAs without Stewie. Like the rising tide, she elevated them. Without Stewie thet would have remained in the shallows and no AAs. Like I said she carried the team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Both Dolson and Hartley had zero chance of being AAs without Stewie. Like the rising tide, she elevated them. Without Stewie thet would have remained in the shallows and no AAs. Like I said she carried the team.
That's not correct. Bria was an AA before Stewie arrived having been named 2011-12 WBCA/State Farm All-American. Both Players were on the watchlist for both the Wade and Naismith trophies before Stewie arrived based on successful sophomore seasons. KML of course was also well on her way to being an AA when Stewie arrived.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Clarification question: Is this solely based on NCAA/UCONN career?
Excellent point. Based on post-UConn careers, Sue moves up, and Tina probably does. Moriah and Kaleena move down.

Edit: Sue is widely regarded as the best female PG of all time. She holds the WNBA career record for assists by a fairly wide margin. In addition, she is the most decorated player, male or female, in USA Basketball history. (Stewie is on pace to pass her and Maya is close.)

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Based on both high-level accomplishments and consistency, I like the ONLY 3-time Wade Award winner, ONLY 4-time top-2 in AP voting, and ONLY player about whom Geno said this:

“Maya is the only freshman who came here, ‘Got this.’ She came here as a college player. You didn’t have to tell her anything. She already worked harder than any college kid in America. She had talent. She was tough. She was competitive. First day of practice, you knew: best player in the country. She hadn’t even practiced yet. That is why she is Maya. That is why there is only one Maya.”

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Balderdash.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If we look at individual accomplishments, here are our 3x All-Americans:

Sveta
Diana
Maya (4x)
Stewie
Lou

In terms of career points, Maya, Stewie, Pheesa, Tina, Lou.

In terms of career rebounds, Tina, Maya, Rebecca, Pheesa, Stewie.

Tina and Pheesa are very high up in both. Maya is obviously.

In terms of career assists, Moriah, Diana, Jen, Renee, Sue. Note that Sue missed 26 or so games her first year, or she would be 1st. Crystal may pass Moriah this year.

Maya is the only player in the top 10 in all 3 categories: 1st, 2nd, 8th. She's also 4th in steals and 8th in blocks. She has the NCAA record of 150 double-digit scoring games. She's also 3rd in NCAA history in games played and 2nd (I believe) in games won.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Shea is way too low on the OP's list. People forget how she was a phenomenon. The Whalers were jealous of her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There was a similar ranking of he WoH a few years back before Morgan, Gabby, Napheesa, CD and KLS made it on the wall. This one was position based with some creative licenses for example Maya played PF but was ranked as SF so as not to compete with Stewie.
My revised position ranking would look like this. BTW this was based on UCONN career only.
1576152746604.png

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That's good work, Coco. I'd trade Bird and Riz, though.
Thanks. Glad you mention that, Jen was National POY as was Wolters that goes along way in my book.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Glad you mention that, Jen was National POY as was Wolters that goes along way in my book.
I believe Bird won the Wade Trophy and Naismith awards in 2002. I too would have Bird ahead of Rizzotti.

Reaction Score

INCORRECT. Hartley went AA her sophomore year and Stewie wasn’t even on the team yet. Dolson wasn’t nearly the player she became her last two years. Stewie had a great starting 5 AND a bench that at times included Tuck, Gabby, Stokes, Chong, Lou & Pheesa as well. Four players out that list made it to the wall!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The recent discussion about UCONN WBB Mt Rushmore got me thinking about ranking those currently on the Wall of Honor. Lets debate! Here's my ranking (hope I didn't miss any):

1. Diana
2. Stewie
3. Maya
4. Sue
5. Lobo
6. Bascom
7. Tina
8. Swin
9. Nykesha
10. Jefferson
11. KML
12. Big Girl
13. Svet
14. Rizzotti
15. Gabby
16. Montgomery
17. Dolson
18. Bria
19. Shea
20. Tuck
I did a BY poll a couple years ago. Position poll, then an overall poll.

Overall ended up
  1. Stewart
  2. DT
  3. Moore
  4. Bird
  5. Charles
  6. Lobo
  7. Jefferson
  8. Rizzotti
  9. Sales
  10. Abrosimova

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

I made the following post on August 6, 2018, but I thought it was substantively relevant to this discussion, so I am re-posting it below (with a few edits and additional comments).

One thing to consider -- or at least what I consider -- when discussing who the GOAT is or in the GOAT evaluation process - is what Taurasi did during 2003 and 2004.

Stewart never played a full season without Moriah Jefferson or Morgan Tuck (though Tuck missed a good chunk of one season). Stewart also had KML (#1 HS player; #3 WNBA draft pick) for three years, plus Stefanie Dolson and Bria Hartley (2014 WNBA Draft #6 and #7; Hartley was a top ten player) for two years.

Moore won both of her college titles with Tina Charles anchoring the paint. When Charles graduated, UConn lost in the 2011 semis to Notre Dame.

Taurasi won her first NCAA title with TASS - Tamika Williams, Asjha Jones, Swin Cash, and Sue Bird - all of whom were taken among the top six players in the WNBA draft (three of whom have gold medals at both the World Championships and the Olympics). When that class graduated, Taurasi led a group of freshmen (specifically, Turner, Crockett, and Strother) to the 2003 title. And after the top players in the 2003 high school class went elsewhere, Taurasi still led the team to the 2004 title.

Put it this way, Taurasi had Maria Conlon starting in the backcourt next to her, plus major minutes being played by Morgan Valley and Ashley Valley, who were not in the same conversation as the teammates that Stewart had (no disrespect intended to Conlon or the Valley sisters, as they were very hard workers who maximized their potential under Geno Auriemma but who were not nearly as naturally gifted, talented, or athletic as many of the teammates of Breanna Stewart).

So here are the questions I always seem to be asking as part of this debate (and I understand the players involved -- Taurasi, Stewart, and Moore -- played different positions, which makes it a bit challenging to assess):

-- If you put Breanna Stewart on the 2002-03 and 2003-04 teams (instead of Diana Taurasi), would UConn have won the national titles?
-- If you put Maya Moore on the 2002-03 and 2003-04 teams (instead of Diana Taurasi), would UConn have won the national titles?
-- If you put Breanna Stewart on the 2010-11 team (instead of Maya Moore), would UConn have won the national title?
-- If you put Diana Taurasi on the 2010-11 team (instead of Maya Moore), would UConn have won the national title?

@ucbart , @EricLA , @CocoHusky

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom