Randy Edsall just retweeted this | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall just retweeted this

Reaction Score
I assumed the backstop plan here was to go independent. And I hoped we’d run that by SNY and had some sort of understanding worked out. I think there’s a lot of value in independence as a way to rebuild, provided SNY was on board and we had a few P5 deals in the works to fill out the schedule.

To the extent that anyone is seriously discussing this half-baked CUSA idea with a million moving parts, that is certainly . . . not encouraging.

And the fact that Randy/Cory are now sending out ill-advised tweets is also not encouraging.

The school needs to get a handle on the narrative here.

Reaction Score
How many recruits would want to come to UConn if these are the teams they would be playing against? UMass is one thing but some of these schools are almost unheard of outside of their home states. Randy Edsall has been doing OK job getting new recruits over past few weeks. Not perfect but better than I expected. Are they going to still come to UConn?
I think thats overrated. Most of those teams would have drubbed us because they have better players.

If they split that into 2 eagues, they can create some bowls against one another for the immediate term.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
And the fact that Randy/Cory are now sending out ill-advised tweets is also not encouraging. Do you think it's possible Edsall will bail on UConn a second time based on these recent developments? :eek:
Yes, he just might. His boss has no plans for his department it seems. I wouldnt like working under those conditions, for what is considered peanuts, especially in his line of work.

Reaction Score
And the fact that Randy/Cory are now sending out ill-advised tweets is also not encouraging. Do you think it's possible Edsall will bail on UConn a second time based on these recent developments? :eek:

The tweets aren’t encouraging because they don’t happen if there is a reasonable plan for what to do with football beyond this horrifying Conference USA fan fiction.

Reaction Score

How could he begrudge us for joining our “dream conference”?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would prefer MACtion to the Sun Belt scenario. Although honestly we would have a hard time competing there nowadays.

The upside to MACtion would be further penetration of recruiting in Ohio and the surrounding areas.

As well as we've done in Pennsylvania over the years, we've never really gotten hold in Ohio with only a few notable exceptions (i.e., Lindsey Witten, Marquis Vann)...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
6C5036A4-D6B8-42F8-A51F-D25D0FC077BE.gif

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And the fact that Randy/Cory are now sending out ill-advised tweets is also not encouraging. Do you think it's possible Edsall could bail on UConn a second time based on these recent developments? :eek:
Nah, where else is his kid gonna get paid 100K for Sgt. Schultz tweets?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Lamont is giddy about this, then he’s as clueless as they come... which continues the legacy of self inflicted damage in all things.

Reaction Score
Not a big time athletic department anymore, but "basketball".

Typical Uconn shortsightedness and mismanagement.

Reaction Score
That’s a more desirable future state than independence though. I don’t see how this will boosts ticket sales however.
Put a team out there competing for the top of their league rather than a team setting records for futility and the we will see. CFB is fun if you can tailgate and watch your team play with a chance to win and yes score some touchdowns. We were an absolute abomination defensively last year and not much better the year before.

Reaction Score
If Lamont is giddy about this, then he’s as clueless as they come... which continues the legacy of self inflicted damage in all things.

Connecticut voters never did to seem to grasp the fact that you get what you vote for.

Reaction Score
Going independent is the best thing for uconn football just say that what they are going to do

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Put a team out there competing for the top of their league rather than a team setting records for futility and the we will see. CFB is fun if you can tailgate and watch your team play with a chance to win and yes score some touchdowns. We were an absolute abomination defensively last year and not much better the year before.
Completely agree

Reaction Score
If at least Navy, UConn, Army, Buffalo and UMass were all in the same conference, that would keep UConn at least respectable in football. Not sure it will come to pass. If you add Rice, Air Force and BYU, you've got an interesting conference from both athletic and academic perspectives.

Reaction Score
This. Is. True.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom