Randy Edsall just retweeted this | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall just retweeted this

Reaction Score

First line - "UConn's decision to go to Big East, dooms the Huskies as a major FB participant." Yikes

Reaction Score
I hope the state hears him loud and clear. I just saw Gov. Lamont all smiles about it.

Reaction Score
Mark Blaudschun reports: UConn's decision to go to Big East, dooms the Huskies as a major FB participant .... There is also a plan being discussed that UConn and UMass become part of the Eastern Division of Conference USA, which would then split apart and become its league (9 teams) and the West would also be a 9 team conference by going after schools such as BYU and New Mexico State in football only.

UConn FB--RIP Sort of. - TMG Maven

Reaction Score
If Mark Blaudschun's Conference USA report is correct and comes to pass, UConn would be playing among the least known football teams in the nation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just once I'd like to be fed the well thought out polished bullsheet that over major institutions generate. Sure it would be complete spin but it would be nice just have had them taken the time and made the effort.

CL82

Reaction Score
If that Conf USA East does come to fruition, that is a step down from The American by quite a bit.

But East Carolina vs Western Kentucky that big a deal?
Ugh, not great. So much for the Fox will take of us theory (which may have originated from speculation from me.) Still better than independent... I guess.

Reaction Score
Just once I'd like to be fed the well thought out polished bullsheet that over major institutions generate. Sure it would be complete spin but it would be nice just have had them taken the time and made the effort.
We are winners that like to win, didn't do it for you?

Reaction Score
Ugh, not great. So much for the Fox will take of us theory (which may have originated from speculation from me.) Still better than independent... I guess.
Conference USA was literally getting peanuts for their TV from Stadium or someone. No reason they can't do a smidget better as two separate conferences. Even create a bowl to face off against one another.

CL82

Reaction Score
We are winners that like to win, didn't do it for you?
That would be "winning winners who like to win."

Sigh. I mean I guess this would be better. Sigh.

No, it's good. It is. (closes garage door, leaves engine running)

Reaction Score
UConn, UMass, Buffalo, Temple, Army, maybe Navy. We are painfully close to enough second rate football programs in the Northeast to have a second rate conference playing at maybe a CUSA or MAC level (or generously MWC), but with regional opponents. Those six plus ODU and Marshall? You need to be competing for championships to keep players and fans interested.

Reaction Score
How many recruits would want to come to UConn if these are the teams they would be playing against? UMass is one thing but some of these schools are almost unheard of outside of their home states. Randy Edsall has been doing OK job getting new recruits over past few weeks. Not perfect but better than I expected. Are they going to still come to UConn?

CL82

Reaction Score
Two Florida teams, and VA for recruiting. Plus UMass, rivalry game. Step down for sure, but with our spanking new lockers, we can compete for the top of the league.
They can't take those away from us, by god.

Reaction Score
Lets be real

The article was complimentary of Edsall.

Reaction Score
UConn, UMass, Buffalo, Temple, Army, maybe Navy. We are painfully close to enough second rate football programs in the Northeast to have a second rate conference playing at maybe a CUSA or MAC level (or generously MWC), but with regional opponents. Those six plus ODU and Marshall? You need to be competing for championships to keep players and fans interested.
I agree, but Buffalo and Temple are not leaving their respective leagues. Navy maybe and Army perhaps, though they seem to doing well as an independent.

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
First line - "UConn's decision to go to Big East, dooms the Huskies as a major FB participant." Yikes
[/QUOTE]

Interesting that Edsall precipitated the demise of UConn Football when he split for Maryland after the pinnacle of success at the Fiesta Bowl. Program became irrelevant and he was going to lead us back into legitimacy, only to have the whole concept of competitive major football at UConn thrown on the garbage heap under his reign.

Maybe some justice for that. Unfortunately we the fans get royally screwed. Basketball will generate more interest initially, but a lot of fans will expect the Original Big East experience and slowly come to the realization that this is the New Big East and not quite as dynamic as the Old Big East.

I hope the future of UConn Athletics survives and excels, but I do have my doubts. Prove me wrong.

Reaction Score
Even if Randy canceled the tweet, he may have been trying to send a message to the nation what could happen to UConn football out of genuine concern. I thought Conference USA was at times close to disbanding.

Reaction Score
How many recruits would want to come to UConn if these are the teams they would be playing against? UMass is one thing but some of these schools are almost unheard of outside of their home states. Randy Edsall has been doing OK job getting new recruits over past few weeks. Not perfect but better than I expected. Are they going to still come to UConn?

And the obvious question is ... we don’t care about ECU or Tulane or Tulsa or Memphis. Why even think about whatever southern schools are CUSA today.

Temple. Navy. 2 Florida Schools. Cincinnati.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom