Randy Edsall is the worst assessor of QB Talent ever | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall is the worst assessor of QB Talent ever

Reaction Score
Idiots like you were around when they said we could not compete in hoop with Georgetown and Syracuse. Then we could not compete in Big East FB. Then we won 4 NCs and went to a New Year’s Bowl. So go away Hornet and go follow Trinity or WestConn.
Now I understand why you’re so upset at people like me who take a different perspective on these kids and this program. You’re wishing and hoping and I get it. Can’t really get into the name calling as it’s not how I was raised so I’ll humbly accept your idiot insult.

However, your negative energy is a result of you fully understanding that your emotions are getting taken for a ride year after year and you have no control over the outcomes. I get it.

Hey, it’s like people in prison. When you go into the cafeteria for din din and they plop whatever they plop on your tray- Son, just learn to love it because there’s probably something in there that you can imagine is nutritious. :)

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Nobody said you can’t criticize. I simply said the kid is legit injured and not even playing at 50 percent so know the back story before you criticize.

You’re the ones coming to a message board whining about a team that hasn’t won many games begging for change. How stupid is that?

I see the bigger picture and can balance these losses with the concept that I want these kids to succeed at life. Perhaps that sounds soft but is what it is. But you should put a mirror in front of yourself and see how you look complaining about something that you can’t control. I find that hilarious! Some on this board place their emotions into young men’s lives and get taken for a ride every Saturday. ;)
Tbh just delete your account, you see the bigger picture? Cool take that somewhere else.

Reaction Score
The thing with Randy is he absolutely refused to give Krajewski a shot, Steven Krajewski was not his recruit.
I said that from day one when he wouldn’t play him his freshman year. There were times when Pindell was hurt and he wouldn’t put Steven Krajewski in the game.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Now I understand why you’re so upset at people like me who take a different perspective on these kids and this program. You’re wishing and hoping and I get it. Can’t really get into the name calling as it’s not how I was raised so I’ll humbly accept your idiot insult.

However, your negative energy is a result of you fully understanding that your emotions are getting taken for a ride year after year and you have no control over the outcomes. I get it.

Hey, it’s like people in prison. When you go into the cafeteria for din din and they plop whatever they plop on your tray- Son, just learn to love it because there’s probably something in there that you can imagine is nutritious. :)
“I can’t get into name calling as it’s not how I was raised”…

Fast forward five words…

“Idiot”

Reaction Score
Idiots like you were around when they said we could not compete in hoop with Georgetown and Syracuse. Then we could not compete in Big East FB. Then we won 4 NCs and went to a New Year’s Bowl. So go away Hornet and go follow Trinity or WestConn.
I agree with what you say but I do not condone calling another member of this board an "idiot". I understand your frustration. I am new here but I also brought up the fact that many people here were whining when the Yankee conference died and "we" - UCONN were founding fathers of the Big East. Nah sayers said , as you pointed out , that we would never compete against Georgetown or Cuse. I am old enough to remember the days when The Hoyas only beat us by less than 10 and it was a " moral" victory. Then the year before the dream season we took the NIT. Yes it was " only" the NIT but it was a building block. Then came the dream season - a major stepping stone. I said to the may sayers back then that we are a small state but we need to think big. When I left UCONN early and went off to military service. I wore my UCONN sweatshirts that said CONNECTICUT. Guys from big states would say " hey Connecticut you are arrogant for a guy from a small state". Well yes I was. I Cannot print here what I told dumb Texans but we need that bit of rational reasonable arrogance and think big to get back to the next level. We as a country were first and only ones to land on the moon because we thought big.

Reaction Score
“I can’t get into name calling as it’s not how I was raised”…

Fast forward five words…

“Idiot”
What I was saying is that I accept the “idiot” name that he called me kind sir. These Yarders man. Lol

Reaction Score
Tbh just delete your account, you see the bigger picture? Cool take that somewhere else.
Sorry sir. Free board here. I’m a UConn fan just like you. Just not into whining about stuff I can’t control. Root for the kids- sometimes you’ll be rooting for a winning team and other times a losing team. Until you can coach them better or get out on the field and do better than them- attacking them on the board doesnt help matters at all.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Today was a fun day of college sports, so there was no reason to watch UConn get blown out by Houston. And if you are going to watch that game, there is certainly no reason to get angry about it. You chose to watch it.

UConn football right now is like Schrodinger's cat. The cat isn't dead if you don't check in to see whether the cat is alive or dead.

Reaction Score
The walk-on QB looked better than Leon. I got to give Steven Krajewski credit since today he played much better than his usual self. Like Rosebud said, it is possible he needs more coaching. However, we already saw what Tyler Phommachanh can do with this team.

Today is a happy day. We finally moved on from the Edsall era. Let's hope we will never hire another coach like Edsall and his offensive scheme.

Reaction Score
The thing with Randy is he had a quarterbacks coach who doesn’t know what he was doing. The guy was a walk on in Maryland. Take Steven Krajewski for example. He was a three star quarterback and had a great senior year in ga going against teams with multiple players going P5 in the secondary. However he has not been developed in 3 years. He is only a sophomore with some good coaching his raw talent is undeniable. Now someone needs to come and fine tune it. I say you will see a different version of him next year weather it’s here or somewhere
I’ll agree none of the QBs have received any effective QB coaching. That said, if he spent time cleaning up his mechanics with a private throwing coach, he would be considerably farther along.

Reaction Score
Those dumping on Leon need to take a chill pill. Let’s not dump the failure and frustration of the year on a kid sitting 4th on the depth chart. He’s out there everyday working his can off probably playing scout team and getting the crap best out of him with no chance of seeing any PT. I’ll take issue with a crappy O Line not protecting its QBs, 10.5 games of terrible play calling, and a 200 other things before Leon.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The walk-on QB looked better than Leon. I got to give Steven Krajewski credit since today he played much better than his usual self. Like Rosebud said, it is possible he needs more coaching. However, we already saw what Tyler Phommachanh can do with this team.

Today is a happy day. We finally moved on from the Edsall era. Let's hope we will never hire another coach like Edsall and his offensive scheme.
I know Tyler Phommachanh looked like the only effective QB we had but he had a few things working in his favor. He played the games where Mazzone was the quassi OC and the play calling actually was up to modern CFB standards. He also is the only QB on the roster than can play like a true duel threat QB so when the OLine breaks down on every single play, he can easily escape and make something happen. I'm not sold he is the QB of the future for this team. I was not sold on the throws he made and I think/hope that Mora is going to make sure this OLine is solid and a QB can have time to make his reads. I'm not saying Steven Krajewski is the answer either but I think he could be as effective as Tyler Phommachanh if Mora were able to fix the OLine.

Overall, I agree with many that our future QB is likely not on our current roster. I hope Steven Krajewski and Tyler Phommachanh can contribute and maybe they can be turned into QBs who can lead this team. I'm just not sure that's the case. I feel for Steven Krajewski as I think he's been held back in his development by this staff. However, I think we can say the same for many players in this program.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think everyone needs to keep in mind that Leon played out there yesterday with an injury. He hasnt been healthy but for a handful of weeks his entire tenure at UConn. No one got to see Leon at his true ability saturday.

As for the QB position in general, like most positions on the field the past 5 years it has not worked out and thats on Edsall. Mora needs an immediate talent infusion at the position. On Steven Krajewski, he could definitely be better with better coaching and better OL, there is some upside....but is that upside enough to produce a 5-8 win season?

I think we need at least two new arms (bare minimum) in that QB room this January and one definitely needs to be a grad/JUCO/transfer.

And after spring I would expect Mora to pull in another grad/juco/transfer QB as well so that there are three new arms going into August 2022.

Reaction Score
Being a duel threat opens up the offense. It makes defending UCONN more difficult. Getting more DT QBs is probably easier than getting better WRs and OL.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jacob Drena - Freshman walk-on QB from Southington CT

In my mind I picture this going something like

Spanos: “[Excrement]!! Not [sex act] Leon too! Do we have any quarterbacks left?”

Giufre: “Uh we have that walk-on, Jake Drena”

Spanos: [Sighs] Perfect. Okay Draino, let’s see what see what you can do.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
RE 1.0 had some solid QB talent, including some in-state guys. RE 2.0 did not. Now, time to stop living in the past. HCJM is going to bring us to the mountain top. Chin straps on, amigos!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom