Randy Edsall is the worst assessor of QB Talent ever | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall is the worst assessor of QB Talent ever

Reaction Score
Anyone feel bad for Edsall just consider for the first 3 years he shredded the previous coaches and players he started with….. Don’t worry he told us - we are in a rebuilding process and Rome wasn’t built overnight. Sure that wasn’t easy for players to hear…

So today on the field was Randy’s Team and while a couple shining stars, there are several that look like they would be lucky to make a Division 2 team.

The QB situation is just one of the huge areas he made huge recruiting mistakes. We were outmanned in every single game we played this year and that sits squarely on Edsall.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Drena looked better than Leon.
I didn't see much of the end of the game..did Leon look that bad?

It really is weird that Edsall was a QB, yet QB seemed to be his blind spot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The past three coaches we cornered the market on blind to talent and logic.

RE 1.0 had some good QB's
RE also had Moorhead and Ambrose as OC's first go around which is the reason we had any talent at QB. This time we had Lashlee who left, John Dunn who was great then left for NFL and a terrible OL coach all of which weren't even close close to Ambrose and Moorhead. Lashlee was the closest, but he was always a run heavy play caller so who knows.

Reaction Score
Leon validated the reasons he was a distant fourth and never saw the field when Zergiotis was there as an option to be the backup... or Steven Krajewski was healthy. I noticed while they were warming up at halftime that Drena threw a much better/more consistent ball; but my kids were frozen and had to bail before Drena finally got his shot the last drive.

Reaction Score
A wise man pointed out to me that Leon was on scholarship.

Just unbelievable.
Hats off to Leon. He is 100000% hurt in the upper region and it was a miracle that he even played. UConn had no choice but to play him when Steven Krajewski went down. Jack Zergiotis took a red shirt and is most likely out of here.

Again, lots of times there is a back story. Don’t be so quick to judge these young men. Leon, albeit oft injured, is really talented. Feel bad that he never got a chance to showcase that ability this year

Reaction Score
The past three coaches we cornered the market on blind to talent and logic.

RE 1.0 had some good QB's
Edsall knew talented players when he saw them, many times before other coaches did. He just was the worst recruiter in the entire northeast. Just awful. Maryland realized it too late before hiring him. He was definitely not popular among high school coaches in Connecticut and he knew that. He knew he would have a chance with kids in Florida and elsewhere where the talent was a commodity, but even there a good recruit was a rarity for Randy Edsall. For the most part, he also would not give playing time to kids he didn’t recruit. There are some exceptions to my statements in this post, but not too many.

Reaction Score
Hats off to Leon. He is 100000% hurt in the upper region and it was a miracle that he even played. UConn had no choice but to play him when Steven Krajewski went down. Jack Zergiotis took a red shirt and is most likely out of here.

Again, lots of times there is a back story. Don’t be so quick to judge these young men. Leon, albeit oft injured, is really talented. Feel bad that he never got a chance to showcase that ability this year

I’m glad he was available. But he does not belong on an FBS or FCS roster.

Reaction Score
Leon validated the reasons he was a distant fourth and never saw the field when Zergiotis was there as an option to be the backup... or Steven Krajewski was healthy. I noticed while they were warming up at halftime that Drena threw a much better/more consistent ball; but my kids were frozen and had to bail before Drena finally got his shot the last drive.

I think Drena’s family was sitting behind us. They went nuts when he got out there.

He definitely throws a better ball.

Reaction Score
I’m glad he was available. But he does not belong on an FBS or FCS roster.
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. Sad thing is you got a kid actually putting his health in harms way in order to give effort to a program and you have someone such as yourself criticizing. That is why you’re a fan and he’s an actual player

Shame on you

Reaction Score
I saw Leon favoring his shoulder a couple of times. I would not doubt if he had a rotator or similar injury. Wasn't able to put much on the ball. There is definitely something wrong there. Unfortunately in football there are lots of guys who never get to show what they got because of injuries.

Reaction Score
The thing with Randy is he had a quarterbacks coach who doesn’t know what he was doing. The guy was a walk on in Maryland. Take Steven Krajewski for example. He was a three star quarterback and had a great senior year in ga going against teams with multiple players going P5 in the secondary. However he has not been developed in 3 years. He is only a sophomore with some good coaching his raw talent is undeniable. Now someone needs to come and fine tune it. I say you will see a different version of him next year weather it’s here or somewhere

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. Sad thing is you got a kid actually putting his health in harms way in order to give effort to a program and you have someone such as yourself criticizing. That is why you’re a fan and he’s an actual player

Shame on you
Please go to the Everybody gets a Trophy section. This is big boy D1 Football. Not pee wee pass around the hot cocoa.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Shame on you
This idea that as a fan you can’t criticize a football players ability is nonsense. Sure no one should talk about their character but if I watch and the player is awful or great we as fans should say as much.

Shame on you!

Reaction Score
The thing with Randy is he had a quarterbacks coach who doesn’t know what he was doing. The guy was a walk on in Maryland. Take Steven Krajewski for example. He was a three star quarterback and had a great senior year in ga going against teams with multiple players going P5 in the secondary. However he has not been developed in 3 years. He is only a sophomore with some good coaching his raw talent is undeniable. Now someone needs to come and fine tune it. I say you will see a different version of him next year weather it’s here or somewhere
The thing with Randy is he absolutely refused to give Krajewski a shot, Steven Krajewski was not his recruit.

Reaction Score
This idea that as a fan you can’t criticize a football players ability is nonsense. Sure no one should talk about their character but if I watch and the player is awful or great we as fans should say as much.

Shame on you!
Nobody said you can’t criticize. I simply said the kid is legit injured and not even playing at 50 percent so know the back story before you criticize.

You’re the ones coming to a message board whining about a team that hasn’t won many games begging for change. How stupid is that?

I see the bigger picture and can balance these losses with the concept that I want these kids to succeed at life. Perhaps that sounds soft but is what it is. But you should put a mirror in front of yourself and see how you look complaining about something that you can’t control. I find that hilarious! Some on this board place their emotions into young men’s lives and get taken for a ride every Saturday. ;)

Reaction Score
Please go to the Everybody gets a Trophy section. This is big boy D1 Football. Not pee wee pass around the hot cocoa.
Actually no this is not big boy football. Maybe Biz Lawyer said it best- this will never be Alabama or Georgia son. You’re going to be rooting for a team that will never be in the conversation for a playoff game. However, these are amazing kids that work their tails off and I just want to see this program compete at the level they will dwell in.

That’s why there’s so much whining on this board. Unrealistic expectations coupled with the idea that these kids are property for our sole purpose of entertainment. Sad dude. Get a life- drink some beer

Reaction Score
Our top two QB's limped off with right leg injuries today. Steven Krajewski got twisted by a couple defenders on a run and it looked like the knee with a brace was affected. Leon had to scramble and got hit low. He could put no pressure on his right foot hopping to the locker room. Leon threw a couple nice passes and had accuracy short but his mobility seemed slow and limited.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Actually no this is not big boy football. Maybe Biz Lawyer said it best- this will never be Alabama or Georgia son. You’re going to be rooting for a team that will never be in the conversation for a playoff game. However, these are amazing kids that work their tails off and I just want to see this program compete at the level they will dwell in.

That’s why there’s so much whining on this board. Unrealistic expectations coupled with the idea that these kids are property for our sole purpose of entertainment. Sad dude. Get a life- drink some beer
Idiots like you were around when they said we could not compete in hoop with Georgetown and Syracuse. Then we could not compete in Big East FB. Then we won 4 NCs and went to a New Year’s Bowl. So go away Hornet and go follow Trinity or WestConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom