Randy Edsall and Vikings hero Stefon Diggs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall and Vikings hero Stefon Diggs

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Jeez some of you can be just straight ridiculous. He made a great play, kept his balance and then scored. Saints safety should've made the tackle but c'mon, this game moves at light speed. Watched the ESPN interview with Diggs afterward. All I can say is, well done young man. Seems like a very humble and appreciative kid...

Some on here just can't help being d-backs all the time or most of the time.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Diggs mom said he was going to UMD regardless of who was coach as soon as Fridge was fired. I only wish some CT five star players family felt the same way.

I wish UConn could score some CT-homegrown 5-stars... but I'm pretty sure the only way a kid from CT gets 5 stars is if he is already a 4-star, then he commits to Alabama. Whoa, he is a 5-star now!

Seriously though, I do agree with your point.

Reaction Score
You're absolutely right and these guys giving you grief and pulling out the "hater" label for you need to consider two Super Bowl catches that were much tougher:
David Tyree with the ball stuck to the top of his helmet;
Mario Manningham tightroping down the left sideline.
Diggs made a nice catch and did a great job keeping his balance but anyone who watched the five or six replays should have noticed the
cornerback ducking under Diggs for whatever reason.
And, let's forget the "what if it was your son" routine. Who cares whose son it is?

Reaction Score
Amazing end to a game. Never seen an end like that in all my years.

I would love to know that the D coaches told their players prior to that play. I guarantee it was to keep outside leverage and keep the receivers in bounds and not make contact on completion so that there would be no interference penalty. That's exactly what the DB did.

Have you forgotten that RU game?

Reaction Score
You're absolutely right and these guys giving you grief and pulling out the "hater" label for you need to consider two Super Bowl catches that were much tougher:
Diggs made a nice catch and did a great job keeping his balance but anyone who watched the five or six replays should have noticed the
And, let's forget the "what if it was your son" routine. Who cares whose son it is?

Been a Giant fan all my life, those were some unforgettable, delightful moments for me but last night was pretty sweet for Vikings Fans. Some are calling it the Minneapolis Miracle. The $5,000 price for a Super Bowl ticket just went up! Listen to the radio announcer, Paul Allen's call after the TD.

Reaction Score
If your son scored the game winning touchdown with 10 seconds left in the game, not only preserving the season for the Vikings but keeping the possibility alive that the Vikings would be the home team in the Super Bowl and some jerk responded the way you just did, how would that make you feel as a father? Just curious.

You are Diggs' father?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wish UConn could score some CT-homegrown 5-stars... but I'm pretty sure the only way a kid from CT gets 5 stars is if he is already a 4-star, then he commits to Alabama. Whoa, he is a 5-star now!

Seriously though, I do agree with your point.

I don’t remember if AH was 5 stars but I remember him being the top rated TE in the class.

Reaction Score

The greatness of Diggs catch is he didn't dive out of bounds. On that play he has two jobs:
1) catch the ball
2) get out of bounds immediately

In the replay you see him notice Williams streak by his legs. He had the instinct to override his objective and turn up field while staying in bounds. That is the reason it is a great catch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’ve told this story before but after UConn beat MD my wife and grandson and I were in the airport getting something to eat and next to me was who I quickly learned was a VP for the Falcons. So I asked him half joking who he was here to scout today. And he said there were 3 players. He didn’t even know the score of the game. All he watched were 3 guys and took all kinds of notes. So of course I asked whether any of the Huskies were on his radar. And he said Yawin Smallwood. The other two guys were on the Terps but I kept touting Nick Williams and Ryan Griffin. He demurred. But he did made a point of talking about Diggs. I was raving about him and this scout said “nice player but probably too small”. “Funny, I said, “he looked like a superstar to me”. Fast forward. Diggs has to sit and wait till the 5th round to get picked by the Vikings. Another draft day blunder by lots of teams.

Reaction Score
@Austin316 took Marcus Willams out.....:D:D:D
107B77B6-94CC-4141-9BEF-8EDB6A1AA645.jpeg

Reaction Score
If we have a UH and UCF QB dual in the SB how many boxes of tissues is CC gonna go through?

Whaler 11 & Jimmy S. What a tag team! LOL - Keep Smackin!

G093z1kY.png

You are correct, Keenum vs. Bordles would be additional PR for the American. Plays into the P6 narrative.

Reaction Score
I don’t remember if AH was 5 stars but I remember him being the top rated TE in the class.
I think he ended up a five star. The irony is his dad really wanted him at UConn. Sadly he passed away and we all saw how the story ended.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
On Planet Carl... a Vikings/Jags Super Bowl
plays into the P6 narrative.

Because one of the QBs didn’t play in the American and the other would be the worst QB to start in a Super Bowl.

If that doesn’t get Congress to act I don’t think anything will.

Mr ‘Bordles’ if you read this 1,000 apologies.

We have seen a rare Nostical loss awarded. This one to the Atlanta Falcons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom