Randy Edsall and Vikings hero Stefon Diggs | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall and Vikings hero Stefon Diggs

Reaction Score
IMG_1396.JPG
Strefon made that spectacular TD catch with ten seconds left in today's game against the Saints. Also interesting is two former AAC quarterbacks, Case Keenum ((Vikes/Houston) and Blake Bortles (Jags/UCF) won today.

Stefon Diggs played for Randy Edsall at Maryland

Randy on Stefon:

“Stefon is a good player, and he’s someone that has a tremendous passion for the game,” Edsall said. “He’s a guy that has the ability to make plays. Would he have been able to make some plays in that game [against Michigan State]? You would think so.

Randy Edsall on Stefon Diggs: 'We'll see how things go this week

Stefon on Randy

On Randy Edsall: "I have 100 percent faith win him as far as his progress, how he came in and the steps he took . I have 100 percent faith in him. He takes the necessary steps as far as doing things the right way. You're bound for success when you take things one day at a time and you do everything right."

Stefon Diggs on His Brother's Recruitment, Edsall and More

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Only someone who doesn’t know how Diggs ended up at Maryland would make a big deal about him being there when Edsall was.

I’ll spoil it for ya Carl. His mom made him go there.

His kind words about Edsall also wouldn’t hold much water since Edsall was a certified tire fire at Maryland and got run out of town on a rail shortly after that quote.

Case Keenum never played in the AAC.

Other than all that - Great post.

Reaction Score
Only someone who doesn’t know how Diggs ended up at Maryland would make a big deal about him being there when Edsall was.

I’ll spoil it for ya Carl. His mom made him go there.

You ARE the gift that keeps on giving. I love you Man!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You ARE the gift that keeps on giving. I love you Man!

Trying to help you get rooted in reality.

It’s clearly not easy.

Quotes about how well things were going for Edsall at Maryland are a pretty bad look for anyone who had a TV or internet access the last decade.

The one guy he had went there in spite of Edsall because his mother made him. But let’s rally around that connection!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Diggs’ ridiculous clownish comment is from March.

Edsall got fired on October 11th.

Look at the nice things this guy said! He sure had it nailed!

Reaction Score
Trying to help you get rooted in reality.

It’s clearly not easy.

Quotes about how well things were going for Edsall at Maryland are a pretty bad look for anyone who had a TV or internet access the last decade.

The one guy he had went there in spite of Edsall because his mother made him. But let’s rally around that connection!

Without question your continual pearls of wisdom are so inspiring for me personally that I have to hold back tears. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for teaching me so much about college football. You are awesome!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Without question your continual pearls of wisdom are so inspiring for me personally that I have to hold back tears. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for teaching me so much about college football. You are awesome!

You know you could just stop posting nonsense right?

Do you not know basic factual items about the program and it’s coaching staff?

Background: If you like Edsall never utter the word Maryland. He was as bad as a coach can be there. Well I guess he wasn’t Diaco bad but they actually hate him more than we hate your boy.

Could you not find where the AD gave him a vote of confidence to really hammer it home?

Do you not know simple facts about the conference you so adore? Like when it started?

Have you considered giving the AAC credit for Ray Allen and Oscar Robertson yet?

Why are you are so hard up to pretend things?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Jeez some of you can be just straight ridiculous. He made a great play, kept his balance and then scored. Saints safety should've made the tackle but c'mon, this game moves at light speed. Watched the ESPN interview with Diggs afterward. All I can say is, well done young man. Seems like a very humble and appreciative kid...

Reaction Score
Jeez some of you can be just straight ridiculous. He made a great play, kept his balance and then scored. Saints safety should've made the tackle but c'mon, this game moves at light speed. Watched the ESPN interview with Diggs afterward. All I can say is, well done young man. Seems like a very humble and appreciative kid...

When Diggs decided to stay home and chose Maryland over Auburn, Ohio State and Florida, his goal was to give former Terrapins coach Randy Edsall a program-changer. During his freshman year of 2012, he was exactly that.

"He was a guy who was a freshman that wasn't afraid of the big stage," said Edsall, who noted Diggs was one of the best athletes he has been around. "He brought a level of confidence to our team in terms of how he competed and how he played."

Reaction Score
Amazing end to a game. Never seen an end like that in all my years.

I would love to know that the D coaches told their players prior to that play. I guarantee it was to keep outside leverage and keep the receivers in bounds and not make contact on completion so that there would be no interference penalty. That's exactly what the DB did.

Reaction Score
Diggs didn't make a play. He ran a route, made a catch a professional should make, and then the Saints proceeded to tackle each other.

Diggs then ran in a straight line, which I am sure RE has seen many times.

If your son scored the game winning touchdown with 10 seconds left in the game, not only preserving the season for the Vikings but keeping the possibility alive that the Vikings would be the home team in the Super Bowl and some jerk responded the way you just did, how would that make you feel as a father? Just curious.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Amazing end to a game. Never seen an end like that in all my years.

I would love to know that the D coaches told their players prior to that play. I guarantee it was to keep outside leverage and keep the receivers in bounds and not make contact on completion so that there would be no interference penalty. That's exactly what the DB did.

If your son scored the game winning touchdown with 10 seconds left in the game, not only preserving the season for the Vikings but keeping the possibility alive that the Vikings would be the home team in the Super Bowl and some jerk responded the way you just did, how would that make you feel as a father? Just curious.

It’s hard to believe this website is free.

Reaction Score
I remember Diggs from the 2012 UConn-MD game in College Park. Diggs was all over the field that day running back kicks & punts (166 return yds). Glad we at least got the W.

Reaction Score
Diggs mom said he was going to UMD regardless of who was coach as soon as Fridge was fired. I only wish some CT five star players family felt the same way.

Reaction Score
I remember Diggs from the 2012 UConn-MD game in College Park. Diggs was all over the field that day running back kicks & punts (166 return yds). Glad we at least got the W.
As good as Nickie Will was that game, Diggs was a man among boys..and a true frosh I believe

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do we have to smack Carl around so hard? Let’s give him a break tonight.

I’m glad no one from Uconn is part of the Saints secondary.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

I'm very "happy" for the young man. I'm very "happy" for his father. I'm sure you are as well.

My point is simply that poor defense was a greater factor in the play than Diggs' greatness.

I'll leave the ad-hom stuff to you -- XO

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's hard to believe that you are not writing your screwed up comments from the Betty Ford clinic!

I’m just thrilled the Super Bowl will be a home game for the Vikings.

Diggs’ mom might not let him play if it wasn’t.

If one digs (get it) far enough - it’s actually ex-AAC superstar Craig James who is responsible for all this.

If Craig hadn’t railroaded Mike Leach then Randy wouldn’t know Diggs from CarlSpackler! Amazing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do we have to smack Carl around so hard? Let’s give him a break tonight.

I’m glad no one from Uconn is part of the Saints secondary.

Smack me around? Really? You think this is smacking someone around? LOL!

Reaction Score
You know you could just stop posting nonsense right?

Do you not know basic factual items about the program and it’s coaching staff?

Background: If you like Edsall never utter the word Maryland. He was as bad as a coach can be there. Well I guess he wasn’t Diaco bad but they actually hate him more than we hate your boy.

Could you not find where the AD gave him a vote of confidence to really hammer it home?

Do you not know simple facts about the conference you so adore? Like when it started?

Have you considered giving the AAC credit for Ray Allen and Oscar Robertson yet?

Why are you are so hard up to pretend things?
I think the Big East is still claiming Allen and Robertson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom