Random thoughts about all this transfer business | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Random thoughts about all this transfer business

Reaction Score
I have very conflicted opinions about this.
The reason I love women's sports, especially U Conn women's basketball and the US National soccer team, is the team concept, working together and playing the game the way I enjoyed it watching the two NY Knick championship teams.
Unfortunately as almost everything in our society becomes more and more driven by economics and money, most things evolve to the way men tend to do things rather than the reverse. Also the speed, quickness manner in which surely most younger people are used to with the computers, Internet, social media contribute significantly to the changing manner in which people communicate and form relationships.
On the other hand, I strongly believe in a democratic society one shouldn't be bound by any transfer rules, which almost always benefit the colleges to the disadvantage of students. In life, one can leave a job and go elsewhere without restriction except for non compete contracts, which again always favor the powers that be, the employer, owner, etc.
Open, free transfer rules will take away some of the beauty of the women's game.
If GA and U Conn don't adapt at least somewhat, and stick to their system and rarely take in transfers who can fit in and also contribute, they will slowly decline. It's play by the rules, use those rules to your advantage while trying to maintain all that's been built. It just adds another issue to the already complicated equation of recruitment.
As stated by others, I'd leave it to GA, CD, the other coaches and sports administrators to figure it out. Not that they are infallible and can't make mistakes but they are involved in all aspects of building, maintaining and growing this amazing program.
Bronx23

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How about this simple solution, but I'm sure I will be told otherwise, (from an NCAA rule book perspective) for this would be, if a coach leaves for another school, and players want to transfer for reason the coach they thought was going to coach them is no longer at that institution, they can transfer out to another school without sitting out one year.
That proposal is on the table for an NCAA meeting sometime this month but may not take effect until fall of 2019.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...sfer-eligibility-to-academic-marks/110380578/

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
for me, I don't want to see interlopers in the UConn way. Bring'em in, Break'em down, Build'em up.
I would like to see the coaching staff spending time developing the younger players and not giving a crash course on How To Play IN the System.

Winning is for the long haul, not the sprinters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom