Ramdom Music Fridays | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ramdom Music Fridays

Reaction Score
Kris Kristofferson .. One of my favorites/ his best..
In these days of much vitriol and angst, a song about some human kindness is always nice.. Inspired by a scene from the movie, "The Grapes of Wrath".

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's something sublime, and it includes a low whistle, too.

Reaction Score
Heartsfield - one of the lesser known bands of the 70's, but they did some very good stuff - like this one, Racin' the Sun- it has a strong, beautiful, finish:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Summer is almost over (yes when US Open starts it means summertime is slowly gone).

Reaction Score
"Static on the Radio", taken from one of the Breaking Bad episodes....moody and mysterious, perfect for a late Friday night listen:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
You just get in a party mood on a Friday and you want to get down to some great music.
Your love song post took me back to our dating years. So here is a "random" selection of songs by the artists we saw in concert or at a nightclub. One of the benefits of being 19 dating a 21 year old woman who looked like a 15 year old kid was after they finally realized she was 21 they would just glance at my "doctored" ID and usher me into the club even though I looked 16. They just assumed I was older than her. I'll start with Ray Charles who we referred to as Ray Baby. His records were great but in concert he was the definition of "showtime." "What'd I say" sticks in my mind because when he played it he was all over the piano bench movin', shakin', and swayin' but never missed a key or a pedal.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
In addition to my job at Sears I would scrounge for extra jobs on campus (Thank you, Fr. Ronald!) so I would have some cash for the Temptations when they came to Pittsburg.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
One of my SVC classmates ask if I was going to the Paul Butterfield Blues Band concert, Since my response was no and showed total ignorance of the Blues, he requested I listen to an album. We went to the concert. We took our seats in the front row. I had amazing luck with getting front row seats at all concerts. We noticed the immense speakers. Lord Almighty was it loud. We moved to stand at the rear of the hall. Still too loud. I went to my room and returned with a blanket. We sat on a grassy hillside about a 1/4 mile away and the music sounded great. Despite this experience my lifelong interest in the Blues was enkindled.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's Friday, guess I'm feeling alright. Everybody knows Joe's version, but I really like this one. Looks like they are having a blast.

Feelin' Alright - Turkuaz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom