Rakim Lubin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rakim Lubin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Lubin a UConn commit? I thought he de-committed.
Never de-committed, just had problems with compliance at UConn getting grades from his old school. They didn't get submitted or sent in on time, and he couldn't sign during the early signing period. He plans on signing during the regular signing period, which starts in April. I believe that is what @3uconn was told.

Reaction Score
Truth be told, we have had an awful run on PF's and C's as far as recruiting. Whomever was in charge it was not a good job as this team, in 2013-14, is as ill-prepared as any regarding interior defense and and rebounding as any in the last 25 years or more. All of the coaches have been recruiting these guys so they struck out…….need size, strength and ROCK - soon!

Reaction Score
Truth be told, we have had an awful run on PF's and C's as far as recruiting. Whomever was in charge it was not a good job as this team, in 2013-14, is as ill-prepared as any regarding interior defense and and rebounding as any in the last 25 years or more. All of the coaches have been recruiting these guys so they struck out…….need size, strength and ROCK - soon!
You can't write off two freshman and a sophomore mau. Add in recent scholly restrictions.

Reaction Score
You can't write off two freshman and a sophomore mau. Add in recent scholly restrictions.

Okay I'm good with patience James…….but if you think Facey, Brimah and Nolan are definitely ready next year for sure, we have no idea right? We came in this year with no PF and a ? for C…..that's not good planning!

Reaction Score
Never de-committed, just had problems with compliance at UConn getting grades from his old school. They didn't get submitted or sent in on time, and he couldn't sign during the early signing period. He plans on signing during the regular signing period, which starts in April. I believe that is what @3uconn was told.
Yea they weren't able to get everything from his previous school to complete all the work so he could be admitted or cleared. They should have them now so he can sign in April without a problem.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Okay I'm good with patience James…….but if you think Facey, Brimah and Nolan are definitely ready next year for sure, we have no idea right? We came in this year with no PF and a ? for C…..that's not good planning!
They will be the same as this year, maybe a little increase in strength. When you don't get your bigs the ball in game situations, how do you expect them to learn?

Reaction Score
Not that I know a lot about Rubin, but from what I've seen or read of him (limited video & articles), he seems to be a real bruiser inside. A tough guy, a guy UConn currently lacks. I'm starting to get visions of Toraino Walker & Adrien. Strong, athletic, a bit short, but with a nasty streak that won't take crap from any one. I'd love that... minus Toraino's off court shortcomings! I think someone said something about him & Brimah being Adrien & Thabeet II. That would be great to me.

caw

Reaction Score

2012 had the following bigs:

Freshmen: Drummond, Daniels (as it turns out)
Sophomore: Olander, Smith, Bradley, Wolf
Junior: Oriakhi

Obviously the long range plan wasn't to only come in with what we have two years ago.

In the past two years, who else would you take over what we have (and had a shot at)? The three big ones are Kaleb T on Arizona, Harrell on UL and McGary on Michigan. Not sure if there were any others UConn had a shot at that are 1) better 2) even remotely considered UConn. Even with those three they would have had to buy into not playing NCAAT freshman year. This past year, let's just say the center crop hasn't shown a ton in college, not a ton better than Brimah ATM.

Next years class has some bigs and it is disappointing not to get one. The big loss is McCullough, who likely would have joined UConn if this was 2011 (Calhoun around and in BE). Cuse did a great job of knocking UConn as losing its HOF coach and not giving him any exposure. Of course he just got booted out of his PG program, so he has some Fab Meolike tendencies.

Reaction Score
They will be the same as this year, maybe a little increase in strength. When you don't get your bigs the ball in game situations, how do you expect them to learn?
Wtf? You want us to feed nolan and Brimah down low? People will then ( rightfully ) rip Ollie for wasting possessions on bigs who aren't experienced enough to finish around the hoop. FYI we do feed olander when he's in there.

caw

Reaction Score

They are all going to play in Germany this summer obviously away from Ollie

Seriously, Nolan has gotten better from freshman to sophomore year. Not an explosive leap, but he is better.

Reaction Score
Cttote="CTBasketball, post: 812854, member: 2809"]They will be the same as this year, maybe a little increase in strength. When you don't get your bigs the ball in game situations, how do you expect them to learn?[/quote

Ct, understand about game situations, but damn these guys got to catch the ball and if they can't do that well as someone so famously said" you play to win the game!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom