Rakim Lubin | The Boneyard

Rakim Lubin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HoopSeen ‏@hoopseen 3m
We've reshuffled the deck for the 2014 class in GA at the midway point of the year. Here's our updated rankings. http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/k2-tags/news/headlines/item/925-class-of-2014-rankings-jan-2014…

Rakim Lubin (Buford/UConn) makes a big debut. The move-in from Alabama has made his muscular presence felt right away in the Peach State. We've slotted him at No. 11 overall in Georgia.

Here are the actual rankings: http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/rankings/class-of-2014

Here is who is above him:
1. Jakeenan Gant (Missouri)
2. Isaiah Wilkins (Virginia)
3. Tadric Jackson (Georgia Tech)
4. TeMarcus Blanton (South Carolina)
5. Ahmed Hill (Marquette)
6. Phil Cofer (Tennessee)
7. Eric Lockett (George Mason)
8. Devin Mitchell (Alabama)
9. Elijah Staley (Miss. St. for football)
10. Cameron Johnson (uncommitted)
11. Rakim Lubin

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
HoopSeen ‏@hoopseen 3m
We've reshuffled the deck for the 2014 class in GA at the midway point of the year. Here's our updated rankings. http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/k2-tags/news/headlines/item/925-class-of-2014-rankings-jan-2014…

Rakim Lubin (Buford/UConn) makes a big debut. The move-in from Alabama has made his muscular presence felt right away in the Peach State. We've slotted him at No. 11 overall in Georgia.

Here are the actual rankings: http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/rankings/class-of-2014

Here is who is above him:
1. Jakeenan Gant (Missouri)
2. Isaiah Wilkins (Virginia)
3. Tadric Jackson (Georgia Tech)
4. TeMarcus Blanton (South Carolina)
5. Ahmed Hill (Marquette)
6. Phil Cofer (Tennessee)
7. Eric Lockett (George Mason)
8. Devin Mitchell (Alabama)
9. Elijah Staley (Miss. St. for football)
10. Cameron Johnson (uncommitted)
11. Rakim Lubin

He's ranked at #17 in the state of GA on ESPN. Not that it really matters, but I wonder if they'll update their rankings.

Reaction Score
He's ranked at #17 in the state of GA on ESPN. Not that it really matters, but I wonder if they'll update their rankings.
They update their rankings like twice a year, after HS and then after AAU. Since the last one was after the summer when he didn't play I'm surprised he's even that high.

Reaction Score
Lubin is a guy that is going to play a lot of minutes for us. Even if he isn't very good, he'll play because we have no beef. Fingers crossed that he's good.

Reaction Score
The one thing I am loving is all the alley-oops and dunks that he is throwing down in these games. I think the worry with a guy who is 6'8" 255 is that he plays below the rim. Takes alot of explosion and agility to play the alley-oop game consisteently. I think with him coming in and purvis/hamilton adding backcourt size will help a TON next year.

Just what the doctor ordered.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
The one thing I am loving is all the alley-oops and dunks that he is throwing down in these games. I think the worry with a guy who is 6'8" 255 is that he plays below the rim. Takes alot of explosion and agility to play the alley-oop game consisteently. I think with him coming in and purvis/hamilton adding backcourt size will help a TON next year.

Just what the doctor ordered.
I'd say if he's really 255 now and can get up like that, have him slim down to 240 when he gets here. You don't need much more than that and it will improve his speed and quickness for sure; something we are going to want him to have if he's playing 4 and will be matching up with some stretches. Adrien needed every pound he could get because he's basically 6'6 but he made 245 work. I just watched some videos and Rock already has a nice fade away hook/floater that, with his size and ability to bump to create space, can be dangerous.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm really excited about him coming to Storrs. Really fills a need for physicality up front.

Reaction Score
If Lubin really is a legit 6'8, 250, hopefully he can play the 5 in a DeJuan Blair sort of role (Blair was 6'7, 265 at Pitt).

I don't want to go back to a lineup with two guys who can't play outside of 10 feet, it clogs the lane for our slashers, of which we will have many (Boat, Purvis, Hamilton).

Reaction Score
Yea, we need this kid like yesterday.. dont get me wrong, i like they players that Ollie has gotten so far, but this is the dude that im really waiting to see next year

Reaction Score
The one thing I am loving is all the alley-oops and dunks that he is throwing down in these games. I think the worry with a guy who is 6'8" 255 is that he plays below the rim. Takes alot of explosion and agility to play the alley-oop game consisteently.

Awesome. When was the last time we had an alley-oop to a front court player, let alone an alley-oop to anyone?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
-So Hoopseen.com says you're maybe the 11th best player.
-In the country?
-In Georgia.
[Crushes cup]

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I appreciate that the kid is big. I appreciate that some website I have never heard about thinks he is the 11th-best player in the state of Georgia. I hope he works out here...

However, I'm kinda hoping that Ollie can land a top front-court prospect sooner rather than later. Trying to find diamonds in the rough has yielded more rough than diamonds.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
However, I'm kinda hoping that Ollie can land a top front-court prospect sooner rather than later. Trying to find diamonds in the rough has yielded more rough than diamonds.
Agree Fishy. This kid will likely be a 4 year project with little contributions his first year. He could be a good player, but we need to land a big time recruit that can help instantly.

Reaction Score
My guess he is closer to 6'6" than 6'8" but If there are 11 better players in the state of GA let's get sum because they must have some pretty good players down there.

Reaction Score
My guess is Rak is licking his chops and can't wait to get here

Reaction Score
I appreciate that the kid is big. I appreciate that some website I have never heard about thinks he is the 11th-best player in the state of Georgia. I hope he works out here...

I thought that Facey was that prospect(4 stars)...with front court woes he must be far away, barely gets garbage time (which UConn doesn't have much of). 2014 looks picked clean so unless Lubin, Facey, Brimah are the right guys we'll have a bit of wait.

Reaction Score
0109dawsonbuford_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member