db-branford(fuma)
db-
wr-
te-fuchs(milford acd)
rb-
rb/wr-
ath/ol-
ath/p-

Not that it isn't already assumed but if we add another QB for next year such as Marchi, Kivon Taylor undoubtedly will be playing a different position. Whitmer, Cochran, Boyle, Lagow, Marchi would be plenty of signal callers for 2014. (assuming knowing McCummings won't be back for a 5th year) I would even figure this year he would play a different position but I thought I heard Kivon will be worked out with the Qb's this year. So for the future where is his position going to ultimately be? With Hansson not playing, (i say not playing because the recent report didn't state transferring), do we think TE? he has height, obviously not girth yet but we have a major need all of a sudden for another TE. If Sean goes down with injury we are in some trouble. I could see wideout too. Would love if he had skills that translated to Safety.....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Not that it isn't already assumed but if we add another QB for next year such as Marchi, Kivon Taylor undoubtedly will be playing a different position. Whitmer, Cochran, Boyle, Lagow, Marchi would be plenty of signal callers for 2014. (assuming knowing McCummings won't be back for a 5th year) I would even figure this year he would play a different position but I thought I heard Kivon will be worked out with the Qb's this year. So for the future where is his position going to ultimately be? With Hansson not playing, (i say not playing because the recent report didn't state transferring), do we think TE? he has height, obviously not girth yet but we have a major need all of a sudden for another TE. If Sean goes down with injury we are in some trouble. I could see wideout too. Would love if he had skills that translated to Safety.....

saftey or te

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
At this point I'm just begging for us to land dintino and ruther. I will cry if we don't land these guys. Cry.

Reaction Score
At this point I'm just begging for us to land dintino and ruther. I will cry if we don't land these guys. Cry.

I keep seeing Dintino mentioned.......Is that Connor Dintino of Choate?

Reaction Score
Dintino-choate
Ruther- fairfield prep

Just throwing out what I know on Dintino......My brother in-law coaches for Choate. I've talk to him about his team and players a great deal...I brought up Jerickson Fedrick last year, you might remember (Playing at Maine this coming year)......He told me Dintino has been showcasing really well lately, rating up there with some guys with big offers at these day camps and showcases. However Coach Coop (head coach of Choate something Cooper) hears a lot of the same stuff from big programs......"He'd already have been offered if he was 6'4....However he is a hair shy of 6'2.......I remarked that he could play center at that height maybe guard. My brother in-law agreed and said he is a great athlete and he could probably do it but so far no high major offers because of the height issue..........on another note I was gonna wait till the 2015 recruiting thread to post this but the big time player at Choate right now is a kid named Will Harris.....WR/CB.....I guess Penn State called for game tape on Dintino the other day and said something to the effect of "O yeah can you send tape on that other PG you have there. (Coach Coop was confused). You know the WR?...........Yeah he's only a sophomore, Coach responded..." Penn St was extremely surprised and wants all his info....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just throwing out what I know on Dintino......My brother in-law coaches for Choate. I've talk to him about his team and players a great deal...I brought up Jerickson Fedrick last year, you might remember (Playing at Maine this coming year)......He told me Dintino has been showcasing really well lately, rating up there with some guys with big offers at these day camps and showcases. However Coach Coop (head coach of Choate something Cooper) hears a lot of the same stuff from big programs......"He'd already have been offered if he was 6'4....However he is a hair shy of 6'2.......I remarked that he could play center at that height maybe guard. My brother in-law agreed and said he is a great athlete and he could probably do it but so far no high major offers because of the height issue..........on another note I was gonna wait till the 2015 recruiting thread to post this but the big time player at Choate right now is a kid named Will Harris.....WR/CB.....I guess Penn State called for game tape on Dintino the other day and said something to the effect of "O yeah can you send tape on that other PG you have there. (Coach Coop was confused). You know the WR?...........Yeah he's only a sophomore, Coach responded..." Penn St was extremely surprised and wants all his info....

Thanks for the info. It's been talked about him moving to center. It's actually why I have a slot on our depth chart for ol(c) because I felt we were going to land him as a center project. I think New England has some great ol this year. The kids bc landed are great. Several others I have mentioned here and there is a kid in the Springfield area of mass that Cuse is in on. Very good New England class this year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Heard we offered a ot in mass. Have not seen anything yet so I will not name drop.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
QB- Marchi (St. Paul HS, CT)
OL(c)-
OL- Bryan (Dean JuCo- MA(Hillhouse, CT))
DL-
DL-
LB- Sylva (Dean JuCo- MA(Tabor, MA))
LB-
DB- Branford (FUMA-VA(Reading, PA))
DB-
WR-
TE- Fuchs (Milford Acd- NY(CTK, NYC))
RB-
RB/WR-
Ath/OL-
ATH/K/P-

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We offered dintino. Same story different prospect. We love to wait now until others offer huh? It may work with some locals because of the home factor but it stinks with all other prospects. Klock for example. He picked gtech who basically is a joke tight end wise. Glad we didn't just get a tight end drafted or anything.

The Mcallister offer is interesting. He's about 5 or 6 on my list of 10 New England backs. With 2 of the top 3 gone a couple others I like more I'm a bit confused. Maybe he has really improved or it helps us with Wilkins in 15?

I would love to lock up the wr from west Chester and dintino ASAP and build a class from there.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I suspect two of those five signal callers will not be on the 2014 roster.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I suspect two of those five signal callers will not be on the 2014 roster.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Well It won't be Whitmer or Marchi leaving. Because Marchi won't have played a down. And Whitmer can't transfer anywhere except down to FCS without losing the last year of his eligibility. I would say maybe not 2 but 1 of Cochran, Boyle and Lagow. But Lagow didn't really have options to go anywhere before. Obviously he wanted to with all the drama at signing day but couldn't. I think it would be too early for Lagow and Boyle to leave after only 1 year of soaking their feet.

Reaction Score
qb-marchi(St. Paul hs- CT)
ol(c)-
ol-bryan(dean juco- MA)
dl-
dl-
lb-sylva(dean juco- MA)
lb-
db-branford(fuma-VA)
db-
wr-
te-fuchs(milford acd- NY)
rb-
rb/wr-
ath/ol-
ath/p/k-

Maybe a bit of clarity, maybe not... Guess we wait and see.

desmondconner 11:14am via Twitter for iPhone
Spacing/developmental means roster tight for this season and the player could use prep school this year to develop #UConnFootball

desmondconner 11:21am via Twitter for iPhone
#UConnFoitball with regard to spacing/development LB Chris Britton and DL Mike Boland could fall into this category as well and prep

desmondconner 11:24am via Twitter for iPhone
May be an issue with #UConnFootball recruit and OT Chasz Wright's on the academic side. He may also prep.

desmondconner 11:27am via Twitter for iPhone
So #UConnFootball 2014 class could conceivably include QB Marchi, Britton, Boland, Wright, preps LB Jason Sylva and big OL Rennick Bryan

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Maybe a bit of clarity, maybe not... Guess we wait and see.

desmondconner 11:14am via Twitter for iPhone
Spacing/developmental means roster tight for this season and the player could use prep school this year to develop #UConnFootball

desmondconner 11:21am via Twitter for iPhone
#UConnFoitball with regard to spacing/development LB Chris Britton and DL Mike Boland could fall into this category as well and prep

desmondconner 11:24am via Twitter for iPhone
May be an issue with #UConnFootball recruit and OT Chasz Wright's on the academic side. He may also prep.

desmondconner 11:27am via Twitter for iPhone
So #UConnFootball 2014 class could conceivably include QB Marchi, Britton, Boland, Wright, preps really??? juco?? fuchs? and so on.... LB Jason Sylva and big OL Rennick Bryan

good looks. this type of info was what this thread tied into 14 recruiting was all about. about time we got info i mean move in day is a wek a way lol.

this goes back to the why we take so any no offer flyers the past 2 years which is another covo...

Reaction Score
Confirmed...

( Bran - Flakes ) (@jb3_branford)
6/20/13, 11:39 AM
@TH3BlAcKmAmbA24 im going to Frk Union prep school for a semester, i'll be up there in January !

Reaction Score
Confirmed...

( Bran - Flakes ) (@jb3_branford)
6/20/13, 11:39 AM
@TH3BlAcKmAmbA24 im going to Frk Union prep school for a semester, i'll be up there in January !

Apologies, I only read English. Who is this in reference to?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Apologies, I only read English. Who is this in reference to?

branford said to junior hes going to FUMA this fall then uconn in january. prep school or a grey shirt whatever you want to call it. it confirms what i had on the chart in this thread...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Fwiw we offered smiley. He was on a lot of old ct lists for this year I had and then he hasn't been in the media for a while. Now we shall see what's happens. Don't have much info yet.

Also the to from mass I hinted at earlier has a ESPN profile page now somewhat filled out so that's that.

Phillips was up at Cuse this weekend and I think several locals were down at odu also. Expect a commit FYI.

Looks like we're going to land Benjamin from windsor. That program has really built up nicely and becoming a local feeder. Until we get a couple years of kids on the field we shall see how it pays off but all signs point to good local progress in Windsor.

There seems to be a strong possibility we fill our class in with a bunch of local kids who will not get recruiting much out of region fwiw.

Reaction Score
Erv Philips (@Ambition1_)
6/23/13, 8:00 PM
I did not commit to syracuse today but I will be making a decision very very soon

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so i had the 24th pegged for a lot of news but move in day is actually 2moro it seems?!?! so its the 25th i guess. i suck.

its just hard to watch all these good players go elsewhere. phillips top cuse is another good rb to a acc school and not uconn. i really likes him as a slot/apb player like tavon at wvu. just stomped my foot typing this.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
Don't know why Phillips didn't get a UConn offer.

Reaction Score
Don't know why Phillips didn't get a UConn offer.

My guess it's all about available projected slots...

Right now his offers are Cuse and Temple.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Lagow, Kivon Taylor and Javon Hadley on campus...

Lot of chatter from local kids about tomorrow... Jas, Holiness, Boyle, Myers, etc...

yea it seems im just all confused. locals 2moro and trips today.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
QB- Marchi (St. Paul HS, CT). Temple*
OL(c)- Chaz Wright (). NCst*
OL- Bryan (Dean JuCo- MA(Hillhouse, CT)). Temple*
DL- Mike Boland ().
DE/TE- Carrezola (Neshaminy, PA). Temple*
LB- Sylva (Dean JuCo- MA(Tabor, MA)) BC*
LB- Chris Britton (). Pitt*
DB- Branford (FUMA-VA(Reading, PA))
DB-