Raftery Appreciation Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Raftery Appreciation Thread

Reaction Score
You gotta think all these butt kissing commercials were a consolation to Jim Nantz for finally leaving the booth.

Reaction Score
I liked hearing from both Grant Hill and Raftery. Raf is always great, but Grant added quite a lot to the broadcast.
Love them both. But god I wish Nantz was in there instead of Ian eagle

Reaction Score
He is the best, I really do cherish every game he calls because I know time is ticking. I will never forget him going insane with ONIONS when shad drilled the go ahead 3 vs udub - 'The daggers in his holsters are utterly extraordinary!'

Eagle is great but I do miss Nantz. Nantz had a way of talking about uconn and JC that made the basketball capital seem mystical

Reaction Score
We’re lucky to have Ian Eagle. He may not be Nantz but all the others pale in comparison.

Reaction Score
We’re lucky to have Ian Eagle. He may not be Nantz but all the others pale in comparison.
Agreed.... I got so sick of Kevin Harlin. He calls a basketball game like a Kentucky Derby announcer.

Reaction Score
He is the best, I really do cherish every game he calls because I know time is ticking. I will never forget him going insane with ONIONS when shad drilled the go ahead 3 vs udub - 'The daggers in his holsters are utterly extraordinary!'

Eagle is great but I do miss Nantz. Nantz had a way of talking about uconn and JC that made the basketball capital seem mystical
Nantz was OK, a little too formal, too into the pageantry for my taste.

Ian Eagle brings such passion and delight to his calls. He's like Gus Johnson without overdoing the schtick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom