Raegan Beers to UConn or OU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Raegan Beers to UConn or OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Exactly what I was thinking. Come here with a chance to improve and be WNBA ready while fighting for a NC or go to OK where you can live in a great College Football atmosphere. (Of course there may be other personal "values" that come into play that go beyond sports unfortunately).
(Come here with a chance to improve and be WNBA ready) or come here and get beat out by a RS freshman. It is her choice.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Remember when Sara was on her way to DUKE, and N.C. State, LSU supposedly had her locked up after Kim and her coaches met with her at home. Slow down boneyarders and let it play out. Did you forget about Jana. Many of you thought she was the reincarnation of RBecca Lobo, Kara Walter’s, and Stephanie Dolson all rolled into one. Now Beers is supposed to be the key to championship #12. Let’s everyone slow down and take a breath. If we land Beers fine, if we don’t the sun will still come up tomorrow.
The Sun will surely come up tomorrow, but it may not be shining as bright as it would be if Beers committed to UConn.

Reaction Score
has Geno changed his mindset about the portal? does he want added injury insurance? does he want to maintain in an arms race with teams like LSU? does he want to win number 12 very soon? or does he play old school with a lean mean fighting machine?

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Hoping we get Beers, but OK not as bad as we make it out to be.

Last year surprise BIG12 regular season champs, next year first run in the SEC. Beers already on all-american track, she won't get lost on draft day.

UConn of course better team, coaching, and more likely NCAA title. Hope she picks us.

Reaction Score
If UConn lands Beers and Chen they will be scary good.
I agree but that's what we all said in May 2023. Before all the injuries we all saw the 12th NC coming to Storrs

Reaction Score
Playing time could be high on her goals. That being said, she would probably play more at Oklahoma than UConn. She would be a big deal at Oklahoma.

I’m 50/50 on this one. Depends on her goals and we have no idea what they are.

Reaction Score

I guess this means we’re still in the running? The UConn players that have unfollowed her on Instagram in the last 2 days does not make me optimistic though.

Who unfriended her?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t think too much about it. Sarah and Azzi followed each other during her visit then they unfollowed each other and everyone went crazy. ( they still don’t follow each other even though they’re both huskies) If she hasn’t taken her visit yet, we’ll be fine but if she doesn’t come we’ll still be fine. We have 3 number one recruits (4 according to Geno because of Jana) multiple number five recruits, multiple 3 recruits, a number 4 recruit, number 7 and 11 plus whoever else they’re bringing in.
It’s possible to have followers whose names can’t be seen by others

9F3A00AC-FC64-432C-807B-3EEA0EC1F3A3.jpeg

Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that an assistant coach would elevate the Sooners over the opportunity to play for a potential national championship team, in the Basketball Capital of the World, for a coaching staff with an unequalled ability to develop WNBA ready pros.
Chance to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Does Ms. Beers want to challenge herself playing the best competition in women's basketball, the one and only SEC super league, or does she want to yawn her way through the outstandingly mediocre Big East? She could be having that thought... Maybe?

Reaction Score
Does Ms. Beers want to challenge herself playing the best competition in women's basketball, the one and only SEC super league, or does she want to yawn her way through the outstandingly mediocre Big East? She could be having that thought... Maybe?
Maybe. UConn will have to sell itself on the basis of its traditional strength of OOC schedule. Admittedly that's a harder sell than a strong conference schedule, but it's a legit counter argument to the P4 conferences. If it comes down to visibility on the national stage and development for the WNBA, I think UConn has the advantage.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yea it’s too bad that UConn doesn’t play any good teams……

Wait, UConn plays the toughest SOS OOC schedule of any team in the country: MD, Louisville, ND, NC State, TX, UNC, UCLA, KS. Add in the perennial run through the gauntlet of top teams in the Big Dance and there’s not very many “yawners” in the Huskies OOC competition.

Reaction Score
Whatever else Raegan may be, she works really hard on the court. Geno will not be disappointed in her effort, the one factor he famously doesn’t teach. She will elevate the competitiveness of either school. But she already has the key factor to succeed in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I understand the excitement for Beers but why would you want another Guard? You have a team that has two guards that were number 1 in their class and 4 more that were in the top 10 in their class and Chen brings you something they don't? I don't understand why Geno would risk upsetting what he has for a player that will be there one season.

Reaction Score
I understand the excitement for Beers but why would you want another Guard? You have a team that has two guards that were number 1 in their class and 4 more that were in the top 10 in their class and Chen brings you something they don't? I don't understand why Geno would risk upsetting what he has for a player that will be there one season.
I think I agree. If the team was bringing in a proven commodity shooting from deep (45% or higher) then I can see filling that slot. Chen is a less than 33% 3pt shooter. That does not fill a need as every player currently on the roster could shoot that or better.

Reaction Score
I’m going out on a limb here. If Beers shows up on campus this coming weekend or next, she’ll be a Husky next season. Springtime in CT, hanging out with the team, Sunday brunch at Geno’s. Case closed. :)
She already has been to UConn. She left here (Norman) and headed straight to UConn. What does that mean? I'll let others decide. She has started following OU's Director of Women's Basketball on Instagram in addition to several OU players. R
One of her Oregon State coaches was just hired at Oklahoma, so I assume they have the leg up.
Where has this been reported ?

Reaction Score
I know there is no way to back up this statement, which will come across as hyperbole or even downright home bias, but the addition of Beers would arguably give UConn the best 5 (Beers), 4 (Strong) and 2/1 (Bueckers) in the entire country. And that is not to down play the rest of the roster which is as elite as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom