R.J. Evans Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

R.J. Evans Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have very mixed feelings about this kid, but only because I already regret that he will only be with us for only a year. Other than that, Kudos to Old Coach and New Coach for bringing this kid in. Another poster said, "he reminds me of a Pitt player." That, in my view, is high praise, and I agree with it. Kid looked really, really comfortable out there. He looked really, really in control. He looked very seasoned. He looked like he was willing to aggressively attack the rim.
Sure, it was just AIC, but I'm guessing he will be steady against any storm. He'll be a very good 3rd guard to spot B and SN
Glad to have you aboard RJ, and impressive first bit of time in a UConn Uni!:)

Reaction Score
Nice to suddenly have someone with so much collegiate experience that can help guide the young 'uns.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He's a good addition. Hopefully a character and glue guy that provides leadership.

I think it says something about him that he was willing use up his final year of college eligibility to play for a program that can't go to the NCAAs, therefore guaranteeing that he will never ever play in the tourney, all because his dream was to play for his State U.

Reaction Score
wish we had him last year...he could have been the rock we needed in the locker room...

Reaction Score
I think he is a nice role player. he did what we needed him to do last night. I'm counting on him more to be a steadying influence than to be a major contributor. he has a lot of experience, but the reality is that it is at a signifcantly lower level. Not sure we can look to him to bring much more than some stability to a team that might need it from time to time.

Reaction Score
I was actually thinking it might be better for him to start and one of Boatright or Napier coming off the bench. Would probably hurt team chemistry though.

U

UCONNfan1

I like him a lot. Not flashy, not a star, not ever going to blow the doors off the stats sheet, but an all around solid player who will contribute more than what shows up on paper. I agree - wish we had him last year...

Reaction Score
I think he is a nice role player. he did what we needed him to do last night. I'm counting on him more to be a steadying influence than to be a major contributor. he has a lot of experience, but the reality is that it is at a signifcantly lower level. Not sure we can look to him to bring much more than some stability to a team that might need it from time to time.

C'mon just once keep with the positive spin free........."Not sure he can bring much more than stability..." and the "........significantly lower level......" Spot on for you.........

He's a THIRD guard...........he's in the Donnell Beverly mold and honestly may be better by years end.....wtf do you want from the guy?? Did you expect Ben Gordon to walk through the door??

I really can't imagine why some people become fans of anything...seriously:eek:

Reaction Score
When I first saw him drive to the bucket for a score (an and1 I think)...I also thought "looks like a Pitt guard". Maybe not as athletic, but strong, aggressive, and determined. Exactly what we needed at that time. Someone to take charge and get a bucket...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom