R.J. Cole, ‘a difference-maker’ | The Boneyard

R.J. Cole, ‘a difference-maker’

Reaction Score
Dom Amore: R.J. Cole, ‘a difference-maker,’ will be leading UConn through trying times

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Scoring, distributing, guarding, serving as Hurley’s voice on the floor and perhaps the team’s off it, there will be a lot on Cole’s young shoulders. He gives every indication he’s ready for it. Ready for all of it.

“I’ve been thinking about the Big East since the season was over,” he says. “This is what you dream about as a kid, playing in The Garden, playing at Barclays. You dream of big games, and I feel like every game is going to be a big game in the Big East. … The fans are going to be watching somebody who’s going to get after it, offensively and defensively. All my teammates are going to be involved, and I’m going to be that team player, that point guard, that I hope to be.”

Reaction Score
He’s a huge key to the team’s success this year and it’s a tough job, but he’s been here a year and that puts him ahead of the curve. can’t wait to see him in action.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Looking forward to what this young man can bring to the court
Expectations and hopes are very high from many
Let's play ball!!!!

Reaction Score
How nice is it to say that about a guy who has already scored over 1,500 points in Division 1?
Yeah, it's not like he can't put them on the board.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Not Big East, but Legends Classic is at Barclays November 23-24, 2020.
Anyone know if there will be fans allowed at this? I wana buy tickets but I'm hesitant

Reaction Score
Yeah, hero ball was tough to watch.......especially when we had no heroes!!

Honestly dislike “hero ball” assumptions when it really wasn’t that at all. We just didn’t have anyone who could make a play when we needed to. And the one guy who could was a bit shy for the first half of the year so all of our so called playmakers were getting swallowed up. Honestly it all changed when Bouk allowed himself to be who he could be. He changed it all with his confidence and opened the floor. Even the guys who couldn’t be “heroes” suddenly were when the time came. No one ever wanted to be a hero per se they just wanted to win and try to make that play but it took changes by DH and Bouk to change the mindset.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cole not being able to play in 2019-2020 sure ended up being a lucky break.

He didn’t even try and wanted to sit out but no matter I agree. This hopefully works out as good as it looks for 2 years.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah, hero ball was tough to watch.......especially when we had no heroes!!
OK - expected that
CV may not be a "hero" but then again that word is over used/misnomer in sports
He certainly was the glue during the start of the rebuild
Your assessment of Gaffney is good but let's wait on the others - especially with Jackson
DH will demand sharing of the ball as a priority and hopefully that will translate into a more efficient half court offense

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
“How willing he is to take very few dribbles to get to where he wants to get,” Dan Hurley says, “and how willing he is to give the ball up and keep it moving.”

Although it did get better the last half dozen games this season, the "stationary dribble at the perimeter offense" had gotten awfully tough to watch the last few years. Looking forward to never seeing it again.

Reaction Score
I sure hope we play the season. I even hope we have crowds.
I truly believe by March we`ll have crowds again, maybe sooner. Im no expert nor do i have any inside information but i did stay at a holiday inn about two years ago so you can trust my word.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Not Big East, but Legends Classic is at Barclays November 23-24, 2020.
I bought tickets and was looking forward to attending but doubt fans will be allowed for this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom