OT: - R I P Honor Blackman | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: R I P Honor Blackman

Reaction Score
Sean was the BEST!
Bond-James Bond.jpg
Bond-James Bond.jpg

Reaction Score
Oh my! Are you saying Gar-Dol was a sham? My whole life has been a lie. I can't believe the depths of this deception. Next you will try to tell me Irish spring is not really made in dear old Donegal. Or worse, that jelly fish crap will not cure my forgetfulness. One thing I do know though is that E. L. Fudge elfwiches are difinitely made by an elf. His picture is on the package! ;)
Bama, I tried that Irish Spring soap one time. It reminded me of the sand soap we used to clean latrines.

Reaction Score
The precise quote:

Bond: Do you expect me to talk?

Goldfinger: No Mr. Bond. I expect you to die.
Thank you oldude. I think there was a time in my life when I could remember complete soliloquies from Shakespeare but I can't remember it.

Reaction Score
Hey @Ouremblem, Patrick and Honor did a music video called "Kinky Boots" back in the day. Worth a watch.

Thank you, Bama! I’d never seen it! MacNee was very upset when Cubby lured her away for Goldfinger and even thought he wouldn’t be cast in View to a Kill for comments he made, but he was and did a fine job. They saw each other through a lot in life. I grew up with Diana Rigg in the Avengers and loved her to death, but I bought several DVD’s to see some of Honor’s episodes.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Thank you, Bama! I’d never seen it! MacNee was very upset when Cubby lured her away for Goldfinger and even thought he wouldn’t be cast in View to a Kill for comments he made, but he was and did a fine job. They saw each other through a lot in life. I grew up with Diana Rigg in the Avengers and loved her to death, but I bought several DVD’s to see some of Honor’s episodes.
My dad loved the Avengers. He claimed to be a MacNee fan, but I always believed he watched for Diana Rigg just as much or more. Of course I never told my mom that part. Like many British shows, it was outstanding . Glad you enjoyed the clip!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Best Bond line?
"Bond. James Bond."
"Shaken, not stirred."
"I think he got the point." (Thunderball)
She's had her kicks." (From Russia With Love)
"Shocking, positively shocking." (Goldfinger)
"Well, as long as the collars and cuffs match." (Diamonds Are Forever)

So many more. Your favorite?

Reaction Score
Best Bond line?
"Bond. James Bond."
"Shaken, not stirred."

“Miss Anders, I didn’t recognize you with your clothes on.” (The Man With the Golden Gun)

Reaction Score
A little Goldfinger Trivia...
In Goldfinger, Dink (Margaret Nolan) is the golden girl during the opening credits of the film...
The man playing Goldfinger, Gert Frobe, spoke English with a thick German accent.....His lines were dubbed in post production, by English actor, Michael Collins...
We all loved Honor Blackman, and that catchy screen name will live forever, as long as there are films..
The girl that drove the white mustang, chasing Goldfinger, and was a lousy shot, named Tilly Masterson, (Tania Mallet) died 10 days ago..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best Bond line?
"Bond. James Bond."
"Shaken, not stirred."

James Bond: Of course I'd love to take you to dinner Moneypenny, only "M" would have me court-martialed for... illegal use of government property.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey @Ouremblem, Patrick and Honor did a music video called "Kinky Boots" back in the day. Worth a watch.

Honor Blackman was the first female lead in The Avengers. That's why she's singing that with Patrick McNee. I only remember the Diana Rigg years. That would be a good COVID-19 binge watch.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was flipping channels a little earlier, caught a few minutes of "Dr. No." Ursula Andress is one of the most iconic Bond girls, yes?

I'm also partial to Barbara Bach in "The Spy Who Loved Me."

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I was flipping channels a little earlier, caught a few minutes of "Dr. No." Ursula Andress is one of the most iconic Bond girls, yes?

Ringo is partial to Ms Bach too.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

Favorite Bond girl would be another good category, NW. Some big Hollywood names on that list, including Andress, Bach, Halle Berry, Jill St. John, et al. If there ever was an anti-Bond girl it would have to be the actress Lotte Lenya, who played Olga Klebb in From Russia With Love.

Last edited:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Favorite Bond girl would be another good category, NW. Some big Hollywood names on that list, including Andress, Bach, Halle Berry, Jill St. John, et al. If there ever was an anti-Bond girl it would have to be the actress Lotte Lenya, who played Rosa Klebb in From Russia With Love.
BTW, I'd like to put my three cents in here. Lotte Lenya, who played Olga Klebb, also played Jenny Diver and sang the original "Mack the Knife" in Kurt Weil's The Threepenny Opera. I think it was called Mortitat der Mackie Messer then.

Reaction Score
The golden cockney! She was in several of those crazy "Carry On" films made in the late 50s and the early 60s. Funny stuff. :D
I think one of the most hilarious scenes I have ever witnessed was in "Carry On Nurse" when one of the nurses, when dealing with an especially obnoxious patient, used a flower instead of a thermometer while taking his temperature (no, not orally).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Diana Rigg, who replaced Honor Blackman in the Avengers, ended up as a Bond Girl as well. In fact, she was the only Bond girl to marry Bond but it was in the Lazenby movie so it was almost forgotten until Bond visited her grave in "For Your Eyes Only."

After Peel's husband (who looked just like Steed from the back) returned from parts unknown, Emma was replaced by Tara King. Tara wore the shortest skirts on TV this side of Marcia Brady and went a long way towards a young me realizing that not all girls were icky and in fact were worth additional investigation.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Diana Rigg, who replaced Honor Blackman in the Avengers, ended up as a Bond Girl as well. In fact, she was the only Bond girl to marry Bond but it was in the Lazenby movie so it was almost forgotten until Bond visited her grave in "For Your Eyes Only."

After Peel's husband (who looked just like Steed from the back) returned from parts unknown, Emma was replaced by Tara King. Tara wore the shortest skirts on TV this side of Marcia Brady and went a long way towards a young me realizing that not all girls were icky and in fact were worth additional investigation.
I enjoyed your coming-of-age disclosure, Waq.

Reaction Score
Honor Blackman? Yes! But we should not limit it just a single Blackman, but all of them. For that matter, we should give honor to all men and women of every persuasion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom