OT: - R I P Honor Blackman | The Boneyard

OT: R I P Honor Blackman

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I know this is not BB news, but she was an iconic star. Honor Blackman was the star of the Avengers TV show back in the 60s. She left that role to play the lovely , roll in the hay star as Miss P. Galore in Goldfinger. She died of natural causes in the U. K.

Reaction Score
Actor Jay Benedict, who appeared in a range of films and TV shows, from Aliens to Emmerdale, has died due to complications from coronavirus.

The actor, who also appeared in Batman film The Dark Knight Rises alongside Christian Bale and Tom Hardy, died on Saturday, aged 68.

R.I.P. Jay ...

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I know this is not BB news, but she was an iconic star. Honor Blackman was the star of the Avengers TV show back in the 60s. She left that role to play the lovely , roll in the hay star as Miss P. Galore in Goldfinger. She died of natural causes in the U. K.
"I must be dreaming."
"I must have appealed to her maternal instincts."

Reaction Score
She aged so beautifully. Al Kaline died, too. Classy man. I was at a Yankee game at the old stadium and Kaline homered. As he crossed home plate a jerk in the next section threw a baseball toward Al and the Yankee fans jumped him and yelled for security, who gladly whisked him out. Sad day.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For many fans of 007, myself included, Goldfinger has always been the absolute favorite Bond film of all times, not because of the portrayal of Bond by Sean Connery, or great performances by Gert Frobe (Goldfinger) and Harold Sakata (Oddjob), but by Honor Blackmon’s wonderful performance as the evil villainess.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Can't believe they won't allow the characters whole name. Is this the Puritan Post Page?
I admit to self editing the character name. I have been redacted in the past and chose not to try the patience of the mods. I am sure they have better things to do.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
For many fans of 007, myself included, Goldfinger has always been the absolute favorite Bond film of all times, not because of the portrayal of Bond by Sean Connery, or great performances by Gert Frobe (Goldfinger) and Harold Sakata (Oddjob), but by Honor Blackmon’s wonderful performance as the evil villainess.
Let's not forget Shirley Eaton, Dude.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

"For You Eyes Only" may not have been the first Bond film I saw, but it was one of the earliest for me anyway. The list of Bond girls will always start w/ Carole Bouquet as Melina Havelock for me.

Reaction Score
She didn’t die. She was 94. She decided she was done. We should all wish to live a long and full life.

Reaction Score
To this day I'm baffled how they got away with naming a character that.
R.I.P. I watched Goldfinger last night in her Honor.

Goldfinger was my favorite Bond movie, partly because of the Fontainbleau Hotel. I've stayed there 3 times, but after 2 or 3 remodelings since the movie. Awesome hotel.

Anyway, when I was a little kid my dad had to go to Germany on biz for 3 months. During that time my mom would take us kids to the drive-in movie every weekend. We went to see Goldfinger. I loved it. When Bond asked her what her name was, and she answered ____ ____, I was just as flabbergasted as Bond ("I must be dreaming"). I sort of snickered and said her name, and my mom said, "No, she said POOO-sey." (This was the same mom who believed that the Gard-ol in "Colgate with Gard-ol" was an actual tooth-protecting chemical, so I disregarded her mispronunciation and took it at face value.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As they say in Bvooklyn, the fillum "Goldfinger' was the best of the Bond franchise .. and Honor, at almost 40, wuz the most desirable of all the Bond girls IMO.

Reaction Score
She aged so beautifully. Al Kaline died, too. Classy man. I was at a Yankee game at the old stadium and Kaline homered. As he crossed home plate a jerk in the next section threw a baseball toward Al and the Yankee fans jumped him and yelled for security, who gladly whisked him out. Sad day.
Ouremblem, when I saw the article in the Courant about Kaline I said "Aw" and my wife asked me why. I told her that Al Kaline was not only one of the greatest players of my generation but that he was one of the true gentlemen of the game. He never got the attention of a Mantle or Mays but he was definitely in their class as far as talent went. I've always felt that Yankee fans, more than many others, recognized talent whether it was on their team or the competition and acknowledged it.

Bama fan

Reaction Score

Goldfinger was my favorite Bond movie, partly because of the Fontainbleau Hotel. I've stayed there 3 times, but after 2 or 3 remodelings since the movie. Awesome hotel.

Anyway, when I was a little kid my dad had to go to Germany on biz for 3 months. During that time my mom would take us kids to the drive-in movie every weekend. We went to see Goldfinger. I loved it. When Bond asked her what her name was, and she answered ____ ____, I was just as flabbergasted as Bond ("I must be dreaming"). I sort of snickered and said her name, and my mom said, "No, she said POOO-sey." (This was the same mom who believed that the Gar-Dol in "Colgate with Gar-Dol" was an actual tooth-protecting chemical, so I disregarded her mispronunciation and took it at face value.)
Oh my! Are you saying Gar-Dol was a sham? My whole life has been a lie. I can't believe the depths of this deception. Next you will try to tell me Irish spring is not really made in dear old Donegal. Or worse, that jelly fish crap will not cure my forgetfulness. One thing I do know though is that E. L. Fudge elfwiches are difinitely made by an elf. His picture is on the package! ;)

Reaction Score
Ouremblem, when I saw the article in the Courant about Kaline I said "Aw" and my wife asked me why. I told her that Al Kaline was not only one of the greatest players of my generation but that he was one of the true gentlemen of the game. He never got the attention of a Mantle or Mays but he was definitely in their class as far as talent went. I've always felt that Yankee fans, more than many others, recognized talent whether it was on their team or the competition and acknowledged it.

I used to live in Buffalo during the Bills glory years and was at a Raiders-Bills game in early December. A Raider fan walked by wearing a Howie Long jersey and some rowdy Bills fans shoved him and threw beer at him. A real big Bills fan got up and yelled at the rowdies to knock it off. They stopped and go “he’s a Howie Long fan” and this big guy in Bills attire yells “I like Howie Long!” And it got quiet and several other Bills fans said they liked him, too, and it stopped. I must admit I liked Howie, too. So glad that Bills fan put a stop to it.
Al Kaline did a signing at a card show in Albany and told an endearing story. He said an impolite fan said to him once “You’re not half as good as Mickey Mantle”, and his reply was ”No one is half as good as Mickey Mantle”. He was as nice as you hoped he would be.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it was ever brought up on the board but Claudine Auger(Thunderball) passed away in December. I think she was 78. Patrick MacNee had a very unique relationship with Honor Blackman. Give his book “Blind in one ear” a read.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I saw him play in a Sunday DH at old Yankee Stadium. Other than a couple of singles he didn’t do much, but still got to see him. That day was marked by two big Yankee comebacks, each marked by 3 run HRs, Clete Boyer in game 1 and my boyhood idol The Mick in game 2. The Bronx was hit by a bad thunderstorm literally 5 minutes after the second game.

Reaction Score

Anyway, when I was a little kid my dad had to go to Germany on biz for 3 months. During that time my mom would take us kids to the drive-in movie every weekend. We went to see Goldfinger. I loved it. When Bond asked her what her name was, and she answered ____ ____, I was just as flabbergasted as Bond ("I must be dreaming"). I sort of snickered and said her name, and my mom said, "No, she said POOO-sey." (This was the same mom who believed that the Gard-ol in "Colgate with Gard-ol" was an actual tooth-protecting chemical, so I disregarded her mispronunciation and took it at face value.)
J66, I think that Gert Frobe was one of the greatest Bond villeins of all time. One of the greatest scenes was when he had Bond laid out on the table with the laser approaching and Sean Connery asks him if he wants information. Frobe looks down at him as say "No Mr. Bond, I want to kill you". And Oddjob wasn't bad either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
J66, I think that Gert Frobe was one of the greatest Bond villeins of all time. One of the greatest scenes was when he had Bond laid out on the table with the laser approaching and Sean Connery asks him if he wants information. Frobe looks down at him as say "No, I want to kill you Mr. Bond". And Oddjob wasn't bad either.
Yes, so evil : “Man has climbed Mr. Everest, gone to the bottom of the ocean. He’s fired rockets at the moon, split the atom, achieved miracles in every field of human endeavor... except crime.”

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
J66, I think that Gert Frobe was one of the greatest Bond villeins of all time. One of the greatest scenes was when he had Bond laid out on the table with the laser approaching and Sean Connery asks him if he wants information. Frobe looks down at him as say "No, I want to kill you Mr. Bond". And Oddjob wasn't bad either.
The precise quote:

Bond: Do you expect me to talk?

Goldfinger: No Mr. Bond. I expect you to die.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I don’t think it was ever brought up on the board but Claudine Auger(Thunderball) passed away in December. I think she was 78. Patrick MacNee had a very unique relationship with Honor Blackman. Give his book “Blind in one ear” a read.
Hey @Ouremblem, Patrick and Honor did a music video called "Kinky Boots" back in the day. Worth a watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom