r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn* | Page 5 | The Boneyard

r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn*

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I put a pretty thorough breakdown on here before from someone who evaluates PGs that said he had all the skills to be one. He seemed to handle PG duties with Castle overseas too.

I’d bet $3 that that’s what he’ll eventually be here if that’s not his role as a backup already this year. It’s his best shot at maximizing his NBA potential.
When we first started recruiting him, he was labeled a combo guard. So who knows?

Reaction Score
Yeah. UConn isn’t close to UK and Duke simply bc they got so many 5 stars over the last 7-9 years.

It’s shocking UConn has as many NCs as Duke since 1990 when you look at the recruiting.
Look deeper and focus on the coaching.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Paulus - the king!

_ai3Wr.gif
Who does it better?
fainting goat GIF

Reaction Score
The thought of what you just said above is almost incomprehensible but I am absolutely loving it.
Based on the Karaban article from yesterday it's looking unlikely we have him back, let alone Clingan

Reaction Score
For the first time today I actually allowed myself to envision our roster makeup with Flagg. I assume we are going to go portalling for a PG? Seems like we would have way too much talent to entrust the reigns to a true freshman.
Is it a foregone conclusion that Castle leaves after 1 year? I wouldn't assume that.

Reaction Score
Can there be a bigger recruiting weekend for UConn? Even with no visits here, THREE of our remaining targets all at Duke at the same time with Duke clearly expected to shoot the works to get OUR guys. Ngongba anchors the middle and fills our key future need for more than 1 year. Cooper would validate UConn all time as a destination for any recruit and immediately make us a favorite to win a natty the year he is here. Hard to believe the rumor momentum in our favor would be evolving a couple days before Duke swinging for the fences. Seems premature.

However, if we were to end up with BOTH guys........ Sorry, I couldn't finish my sentence while enjoying a moment of ecstasy.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Sure. All that tells me is that he liked his visit to UConn. Let's see if it lasts through the visit to Duke. I am hopefully, but they are getting their chance.
I hear what you're saying, the race isn't over so there's no photo finish. That said, this at least COULD indicate that we'ved nosed ahead on the final turn of the Derby. Who knows? This is fun!

Down the stretch they come!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I saw that reddit post the minute it was first posted. Just happened to be on.

I'll say what I thought the minute I read it. it could have merit. But it really set off my troll alarm. I would say that is a 95% chance it's a troll, and a 5% chance it may be sincere. And even if we hit that 5% sincere, things could change, so you have to take a post like that with a HUGE amount of skepticism. I'll give him this though, dude put himself out there.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I saw that reddit post the minute it was first posted. Just happened to be on.

I'll say what I thought the minute I read it. it could have merit. But it really set off my troll alarm. I would say that is a 95% chance it's a troll, and a 5% chance it may be sincere. And even if we hit that 5% sincere, things could change, so you have to take a post like that with a HUGE amount of skepticism. I'll give him this though, dude put himself out there.

I don't think it's a troll, but I do think he's jumping to conclusions. Things change all the time in recruiting, and quickly. I believe based off of what he and others in the thread are saying that there's a good chance UConn is now in the lead and barring a major change during his visit to Duke, he's likely to pick UConn. However, he took it too far and made a guarantee based off of information that could very easily change. There's a reason Duke was considered the leader in the clubhouse for so long, and this visit could very easily tip the scales back in their favor.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I hear what you're saying, the race isn't over so there's no photo finish. That said, this at least COULD indicate that we'ved nosed ahead on the final turn of the Derby. Who knows? This is fun!

Down the stretch they come!

Agreed. This whole time I've assumed he's going to Duke, and held out slight hope that he could come here. Now I'm actually getting my hopes up for the first time. Which probably means the kick is coming any time now.

Reaction Score
He said this a month ago. Got the visit information wrong and claimed Flagg took an unofficial to UConn. If he's trolling he a dedicated troll and has some sort of hatred for UConn. But I wouldnt take his information as fact

Reaction Score
He said this a month ago. Got the visit information wrong and claimed Flagg took an unofficial to UConn. If he's trolling he a dedicated troll and has some sort of hatred for UConn. But I wouldnt take his information as fact

Oh it's that same guy? My disappointment is immeasurable.

His account is definitely that of a real guy living in Maine and getting a degree from UMaine, but yeah I expect he's just shaking stuff up. I think he might be from CT originally so might be a closet UConn fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020