Quotes from Today's Practice | The Boneyard

Quotes from Today's Practice

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Quotes like this makes me wish for a thumbs sideways emoji. Not a like, not a dislike, more of I acknowledge your comment without any like or dislike towards it.

Reaction Score
My question is if you truly want to speed up the game, defense (steals, blocks, rebounds) can only take you so far. You need the push/run mindset in your point guard. Chief honestly hasn’t seen that in RJ yet. Taliek and KO both had that mindset.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My question is if you truly want to speed up the game, defense (steals, blocks, rebounds) can only take you so far. You need the push/run mindset in your point guard. Chief honestly hasn’t seen that in RJ yet. Taliek and KO both had that mindset.

RJ might have the mindset to push the ball. He just doesn't have the ability.

Seriously? Put RJ, KO and Taliek on the foul line and have them spring to the next foul line and RJ is decidedly in third place.

I don't have any animus or malice towards RJ but I am concerned about UConn wanting to go deep in the NCAA with a PG who can't force the tempo. He's below average in height, arm span, speed and jumping. He's a bit stocky and can shoot the ball from deep. But man do I wish there was another guard who could play and clearly make RJ the second best PG on the roster.

Reaction Score

Seriously? Put RJ, KO and Taliek on the foul line and have them spring to the next foul line and RJ is decidedly in third place.

I don't have any animus or malice towards RJ but I am concerned about UConn wanting to go deep in the NCAA with a PG who can't force the tempo. He's below average in height, arm span, speed and jumping. He's a bit stocky and can shoot the ball from deep. But man do I wish there was another guard who could play and clearly make RJ the second best PG on the roster.
You forgot Khalid El-Amin when you mentioned PG's who are above average height, arm span, speed and jumping.

RJ can do it. This roster is loaded, they need to believe. The talent and hard work is there. Stay healthy and believe in yourself. In basketball that goes a long way. RJ didn't believe he could do it last year, you could see it in his face all year. When he was at Howard he had that killer instinct, you could also see it in his face. We got this. This team needs some cockiness in them and you know what I hope we have slug fests. We are deeper then almost everyone and our shooting is our weakness. Here's hoping we see some OBE battles this year.

Reaction Score
Coaches like to say pushing the pace is from defensive stops, rebounds etc but that’s only part of it. It is more about game planning and strategy. I don’t think this team will play super fast, especially if we are posting with Sanogo a lot but I think it will be faster than the last couple of seasons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Maybe it's not intentional but your posts come across with a legitimate hatred for RJ

Reaction Score

I don't have any animus or malice towards RJ but I am concerned about UConn wanting to go deep in the NCAA with a PG who can't force the tempo. He's below average in height, arm span, speed Stay tunedand jumping. He's a bit stocky and can shoot the ball from deep. But man do I wish there was another guard who could play and clearly make RJ the second best PG on the roster.
Stay tuned

Reaction Score
“These practices are a time for separation,” Hurley said, “and you play the scrimmages on the weekend, you get a sense of your best direction. We’re playing a lot of guys, different combinations, experimenting with things.”

Free access link: UConn men’s basketball team is using closed scrimmages — one with Harvard — to help prepare for the opener

Reaction Score

“We talked to him,” Hurley said. “He got drafted to a team with some really good players and veteran guys, and they’re trying to make the playoffs. It’s a long season. My conversations with him were, ‘The start of your career [at UConn] wasn’t exactly [perfect]. You’ve been in this position before. The only way to change the situation is to be the first one in the arena every day, practice harder than anyone in the organization, be more coachable than anyone in the organization, and then stay there longer and work harder, later than anyone in the organization. If you do those things, you’re going to have an unbelievable NBA career, focus on that. Don’t focus on minutes. Don’t be a baby.’”

Reaction Score
“We talked to him,” Hurley said. “He got drafted to a team with some really good players and veteran guys, and they’re trying to make the playoffs. It’s a long season. My conversations with him were, ‘The start of your career [at UConn] wasn’t exactly [perfect]. You’ve been in this position before. The only way to change the situation is to be the first one in the arena every day, practice harder than anyone in the organization, be more coachable than anyone in the organization, and then stay there longer and work harder, later than anyone in the organization. If you do those things, you’re going to have an unbelievable NBA career, focus on that. Don’t focus on minutes. Don’t be a baby.’”
I like Hurley.

Reaction Score
1635293483272.png

Reaction Score
Has Dan ever started a freshman at the beginning of the season? Sounds like Hawkins has been extremely impressive if he ends up starting this early

Jared Terrell at URI, Latif Rivers and Naofall Folahan at Wagner

At URI, Matthews, Martin, Garrett, and Dowtin all started as freshmen but not from the start

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom