Reaction Score
"Play and practice like you are trying to make the team"
Mike Krzyzewski

342891DE-76F2-4C37-B41E-D824A6F47C34.jpeg

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun - "Not a dime back", when questioned about giving some of his salary back to the state.

And his expletive laced tirade when asked about not recruiting Ryan Gomes "I'm a genius. I took Emeka Okafor at 100 and he turned out pretty good"...

Love him or hate him, he certainly had some memorable press conferences.

Then Yogi Berra - "Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical".

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun - "Not a dime back", when questioned about giving some of his salary back to the state.

And his expletive laced tirade when asked about not recruiting Ryan Gomes "I'm a genius. I took Emeka Okafor at 100 and he turned out pretty good"...

Love him or hate him, he certainly had some memorable press conferences.

Then Yogi Berra - "Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical".
Love Calhoun. Always tells it like it is.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"I don't get upset over things I can control, because if I can control them there's no sense in getting upset. And I don't get upset over things I can't control, because if I can't control them there's no sense in getting upset".

Former Yankee Mickey Rivers. Yes, both Mickey and Yogi were on the same team (player and coach) at the same time.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My favorite Yogi-ism. I think it was Joe Garagiola who asked him early in his first season managing the Yanks, “So how is it working with Steinbrenner?”

”George is okay, we just agree different.”

JordyG

Reaction Score
Mickey Rivers also said: "Me and George (Steinbrenner) and Billy (Martin) are two of a kind", ".It was so cold today that I saw a dog chasing a cat, and the dog was walking", and "What was the name of that dog on 'Rin Tin Tin'?".

JordyG

Reaction Score
Mickey Mantle once dropped a quarter in a toilet bowl. Both he and another player stared a while at the quarter, then Mickey threw a dollar in the bowl and fished them both out. Mickey said, "What? I wasn't gonna go in there for a quarter".

Reaction Score
"I don't get upset over things I can control, because if I can control them there's no sense in getting upset. And I don't get upset over things I can't control, because if I can't control them there's no sense in getting upset".

Former Yankee Mickey Rivers. Yes, both Mickey and Yogi were on the same team (player and coach) at the same time.
Mick the Quick. Same guy that said this.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
“When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
Yogi Berra

View attachment 78831
Saw an interview with Joe Garagiola many years ago where he was being asked about Yogi-isms. He said the quote above was true and it was Yogi giving him directions to his home in NJ for a dinner party. Yogi lived at the very end of a cul-de-sac with a circle...whichever way you turned at the circle would bring you to his home.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
  • Allen Iverson: We talkin' about practice?
  • Larry Brown: "He Said 'Practice' More Times Than He's Actually Practiced"

• Wilt Chamberlain: They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds.
  • Gordie Howe: All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and Profanity.
  • Rocky Graziano: I quit school in the sixth grade because of pneumonia. Not because I had it, but because I couldn't spell it.
  • Bob Knight: If the NBA were on channel five and a bunch of frogs making love was on channel four, I'd watch the frogs even if they were coming in fuzzy.
  • Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink: I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating.
  • Bill Belichick: I don't think there's anybody in this organization not focused on the 49ers...I mean Chargers.
  • An opponent: The only way to stop Jim Brown was to give him a movie contract.
  • Hank Aaron: It took me 17 years to get 3,000 hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
In a 1994 Sports Illustrated interview, Shaq was asked if he had visited the Parthenon during a recent trip to Greece and responded..."I can't really remember the names of the clubs we went to."

Reaction Score
Stan “The Man” Musial —-
“You wait for a strike, then you hit the —— —— out of it.”

Reaction Score

I saw Mickey Rivers playing in the short lived Senior League in the early 90's at West Palm Beach. Not to many fans, so he could hear me yell. Before the game, I said "Hey Mickey, remember my from the Fenway bleachers?" He turned around and shook his head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom