Quinnipiac wins it | The Boneyard

Quinnipiac wins it

Reaction Score
What a game. Dominated in the first period going down 2-0, then they dominate the second and third period to tie it late when the coach has the guts to pull his goalie with over 3 minutes left. They win it 10 seconds into OT for the national championship!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
What a game. Dominated in the first period going down 2-0, then they dominate the second and third period to tie it late when the coach has the guts to pull his goalie with over 3 minutes left. They win it 10 seconds into OT for the national championship!
Great comeback. I was watching the whole game but went to the fridge for a sec and missed the game winner.

Reaction Score
Nm
20230408_225143.jpg

Reaction Score
Great quote by coach Pecknold

"I'm just trying not to cry. Just proud. This is awesome," Bobcats coach Rand Pecknold said. "Just an awesome group. Awesome culture. You can't put a value on what we just did for Quinnipiac University. We got a natty."

Reaction Score
Great quote by coach Pecknold

"I'm just trying not to cry. Just proud. This is awesome," Bobcats coach Rand Pecknold said. "Just an awesome group. Awesome culture. You can't put a value on what we just did for Quinnipiac University. We got a natty."
Good for coach Pecknold. He has been head coach at Quinnipiac since 1994 and is responsible for building that program. Hope someday that UConn hockey team can develop a rivalry with them.

Reaction Score
Good for coach Pecknold. He has been head coach at Quinnipiac since 1994 and is responsible for building that program. Hope someday that UConn hockey team can develop a rivalry with them.
Congrats to QU. on 1/28 UConn led 3-2 after 2 periods, tied until 15:29 in the 3rd.

Reaction Score
I love Calhoun and what he has accomplished at UConn and as far as men's BBall I will always say what he did was the greatest rebuilding job ever in men's bball. However, I think what Pecknold has done at Quinnipiac and the hockey program may just be the greatest building job in ALL of college sports. Anyone that knows what QU was in the 80s and early 90's and what the hockey program is now knows that what has been done is literally unheard of anywhere in the country.

I had Pecknold as my HS Social Studies teacher at North Haven in the late 90's (96-98) and when he told us he was leaving to coach QU Hockey (which at that time was essentially like a club hockey team) and give up a teachers salary, pension and career to do that, I literally laughed to myself thinking it was kind of nuts. Guess he had the vision of what QU could be ALL along and so happy for his success. This guy is truly an elite level coach (not to mention amazing, funny guy) and possibly the best ever at what he has done. I'll take that bet against anyone, anywhere.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I told my wife that Connecticut was ruling the winter sports scene. She said "It's too bad the women didn't win". I told her if the women had won Connecticut would have to secede from the country. The rest wouldn't have been worthy.

Reaction Score
It's somewhat surprising that QU hasn't accomplished more in basketball, I know they are trying. They have a new arena, and pay Baker Dunleavy good money, it just hasn't clicked yet. They were second place this year behind Iona so hopefully they can build off that.

They must hate the portal at that level, as soon as a good player emerges kiss them goodbye.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's somewhat surprising that QU hasn't accomplished more in basketball, I know they are trying. They have a new arena, and pay Baker Dunleavy good money, it just hasn't clicked yet. They were second place this year behind Iona so hopefully they can build off that.
Agreed, they had Tom Moore there for years to. It should help now that Pitino is gone.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big hockey fan, but I can't imagine a more entertaining national championship game than that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom