Quiet on the Donor Front | The Boneyard

Quiet on the Donor Front

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Hearing rumblings that things may be quiet among certain large donors until KO gets a fair shake on a contract. Manuel's act did not go down well. It is not viewed as a sincere opportunity for KO but rather a continuance of Warde's king size ego battle with Calhoun.
Some felt he should have either given KO a 3-4 year deal with a good exit clause for UCONN if things did not go down well or hired someone else. The main point, someone in Warde's shoes should have focused more on successful outcomes rather internal politics.

Reaction Score
Word has it that certain large donors are very pleased with Warde Manuel. They are happy that there is a strong leader in the AD's office and feel that the situation was handled fairly for al parties.

Of course, like your large donors, mine are going to remain faceless and nameless. We could call yours ghosts and mine goblins.

Reaction Score
Chief
Are these the same donors who were going to hold back until Miles was re-admitted?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
People need to let the one year thing go. If JC didn't like it he wouldn't have let KO take it. Yes, a four year deal would have been better but, then WM would have had to fire KO if things went south.

I fully expect a fair evaluation in Feb ending with an extension.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I think he shouldve gotten a 3 year deal with an easy buyout. Protects everyone.

Reaction Score
Hearing rumblings that things may be quiet among certain large donors until KO gets a fair shake on a contract. Manuel's act did not go down well. It is not viewed as a sincere opportunity for KO but rather a continuance of Warde's king size ego battle with Calhoun.
Some felt he should have either given KO a 3-4 year deal with a good exit clause for UCONN if things did not go down well or hired someone else. The main point, someone in Warde's shoes should have focused more on successful outcomes rather internal politics.

Yeah right...

Stop the noise.jpg

Reaction Score
Was Manuel the AD when they hired Turner Gill with no HC experience at Buffalo?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dear Mr. Manuel,

Surely you have noticed the $89 hole* in your athletic budget!

I am writing to let you know that this donor is withholding his contribution as a result of the Kevin Ollie contract kerfuffle and I shall take to the internets to make right this wrong!

You have been warned, sir. Tsunami comin'!

Frostily yours,

Chief

PS - What's that gangnam style thing about? I don't get it.

* My usual $100 yearly contribution, minus $11. (Jerome Dyson's uniform number.)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
that is a gem^ the dyson-chief ref was to good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom