Quick Thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Quick Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This team goes through so many stretches where they look like they completely forgot how to play basketball. Hard to believe they can go on a run in March when they fall apart like this after getting hit in the mouth.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
On point Mr. Mau as usual.

And to people wondering, Adams was benched for the entire second half due to not boxing out DeCousey on the end of the first half free throws. Apparently its grounds to bench your best slasher and creator for 19 minutes over that one play.

I really hope that's conjecture.

Reaction Score
I can't see it. How? Our best player is gone.

We have potential to be better next season. Our front court will be solid, Adams and Gilbert together in the back court gives us speed and better ball handling, my concern would be 3pt shooting.

Reaction Score
We have potential to be better next season. Our front court will be solid, Adams and Gilbert together in the back court gives us speed and better ball handling, my concern would be 3pt shooting.
I'm optimistic about the next two years because of Gilbert and Adams in the backcourt. We'll have the two PG formula that has worked so well for us. Gilbert seems like a bulldog that will give us toughness we're currently missing. I think Diarra will give us toughness in the front court as well. This team has no leader but I think that will change as Adams gets more experience and Gilbert gets acclimated to the college game.

Reaction Score
With Shonn gone I want to see a completely new frontcourt with muscle. Enoch and whoever else. Brimah is no more than a backup center and that's healthy. Edward Scissorhands has better hands.
Yeah, it would have been nice to see SE get some minutes in the first half as we need to see him develop for next year.

Reaction Score
With Shonn gone I want to see a completely new frontcourt with muscle. Enoch and whoever else. Brimah is no more than a backup center and that's healthy. Edward Scissorhands has better hands.
I agree on Brimah, he's very overrated in my opinion. For everything he brings to the floor defensively, his offensive game has not progressed one bit on two years and he is way too foul prone for a junior. That dropped pass killed the momentum in this game. How can that happening repeatedly not be deflating for his teammates? We'll need him next year, but unless he improves offensively, I hope it's in a diminished role.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm honestly sick to my stomach.

I felt like we turned the corner against a good team in their house. Just seeing that lead evaporate I just had this sinking feeling we weren't going to win.

Temple going off from 3 certainly didn't help,but the missed layups by Rodney/Phil and then Brimah losing the ball on a sure dunk just kept the game within reach for Temple.

Terrible loss.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to lie, the Nolan-Purvis layup debacle and especially brick-hands Brimah blowing a dunk were probably the two biggest momentum blowers (it just so happened Temple hit two threes in a row after the latter).
It really is amazing it seems like everytime you miss a layup the other team comes down and drills a 3 within 10 seconds.
Unfortunately we lead the universe in missed layups or dunks this year. I've never seen anything like it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Eye test: Temple had 42 points with six minutes left, and (somehow) scored 21 points to end the game. Something like this happened to close the Tulsa game. The defensive stops at the end of the game have not been there in all 4 conference losses. It's kind of like the Giants.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What did I just witness? This was hands down one of the worst losses I have ever seen. Worse then Texas last year. Worse then Louisville in 2014. I am at a complete loss of words.

I wouldn't bring up the Louisville losses in 2014 if you want to say how bad things look.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Major implosion but it was not a double dribble. From the original camera angle it is clear he doesn't touch and the ref behind him is the one making the call.
perhaps, but why would you have the guard with perhaps the worst ability to dribble handle the ball against pressure at such a key juncture?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
[QUO TE="Rico444, post: 1577484, member: 263"]This team goes through so many stretches where they look like they completely forgot how to play basketball. Hard to believe they can go on a run in March when they fall apart like this after getting hit in the mouth.[/QUOTE]
unfortunately it's the same collapse that they had in the first game against Tulsa, same collapse they had at home against Cincinnati and at home against Temple, it's very hard to understand it seems like they collectively have a very fragile ego and things start going the other way they just fall apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom