Quick Thoughts | The Boneyard

Quick Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
* Awful Time Out team, they do nothing coming out of Time Outs

* Gibbs and Hamilton dribbled them to death

* I need to know where Jalen was? If he was teaching him a lesson he just lost the game by doing so!

* How can the coaches not have plan to double the best FT shooter from the other team and instead allow him to get it easily? There was NO plan there and that's pitiful that DeCosey got it that easy - awful.

* For all those concerned about Top 25 - LOL

* Punch in the gut loss, expectations just came way down I'm afraid.

Reaction Score
couldn't agree more with your points. Ridiculous that DeCosey got the ball so easy

Reaction Score

* I need to know where Jalen was? If he was teaching him a lesson he just lost the game by doing so!

* How can the coaches not have plan to double the best FT shooter from the other team and instead allow him to get it easily? There was NO plan there and that's pitiful that DeCosey got it that easy - awful.

Well put Mau

Reaction Score
Major implosion but it was not a double dribble. From the original camera angle it is clear he doesn't touch and the ref behind him is the one making the call.

Reaction Score
Was wondering where Jalen was for most of the 2nd half myself.
Oh well.

Reaction Score
Major implosion but it was not a double dribble. From the original camera angle it is clear he doesn't touch and the ref behind him is the one making the call.

How can that guy make that call? Awful call.

Having said that not at all on that call, the implosion was all on KO and players.

Reaction Score
This was the worst one yet... We played not to lose *again* and you could see it coming. Miller is our best player. When he has the ball he makes good decisions. So what do we do? We completely ignore him *again* down the stretch. It's absolutely asinine. Our guard play in crunch time was atrocious. Terrible decision making, over dribbling, and passive play. And KO, I love you, I do. But what the duck* are you doing with this team out of timeouts and with the offensive sets? Why does is this team consistently have the ball 30 feet from the hoop with 4 seconds on the shot clock in crucial situations. I'm beyond words right now. This has got to be the dumbest UConn team that I have ever seen.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Gibbs is not a point guard, Adams is. Once we figure out Gibbs is a shooting guard, half of our problems will go away. Dribbling in a circle for 20 seconds before deciding to turn the ball over is not efficient.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
This was the worst one yet... We played not to lose *again* and you could see it coming. Miller is our best player. When he has the ball he makes good decisions. So what do we do? We completely ignore him *again* down the stretch. It's absolutely asinine. Our guard play in crunch time was atrocious. Terrible decision making, over dribbling, and passive play. And KO, I love you, I do. But what the duck* are you doing with this team out of timeouts and with the offensive sets? Why does is this team consistently have the ball 30 feet from the hoop with 4 seconds on the shot clock in crucial situations. I'm beyond words right now. This has got to be the dumbest UConn team that I have ever seen.
Harsh but so true...

Reaction Score

Punch in the gut loss? try the worst loss I've seen since Kansas.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Don't worry guys this game wasn't real.
March madness may not be real either if we don't start taking care of business.

Reaction Score
I dunno I feel like Ollie's vision for this team is always at odds with what they actually are. They get up big and all of a sudden Gibbs is their dude on the point, driving/kicking looking for contact then they can't get back on D, and when they do, they're not set. Then they go smoosh.

It's weird it's like when they get up big it's like Ollie and the coaching staff start running their vision - like as if they work at it enough in game settings that it'll somehow get better and just be that.

Flip side is you can't expect Ollie to do everything. I mean what's he supposed to say 'Guys, missing layups, double dribbling and ditching your entire game plan is bad~!'

It's on both players and staff, but jeez..

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Sorry I don't agree DHam dribbled it to death - Gibbs yes
Worst loss of the year
When AB missed that layup it got the crowd going and things fell apart - this game and how the team reacted looked like late December and early January
I am not second guessing KO - too many missed bunnies - I'll bet 10 at least, Purv, Gibbs, phil, AB and Miller missed 4 in the 1st half where if he used glass they were in.
This is totally on the players - EVERY one of them - this was a statement game and they made a statement - they don't handle adversity and when in panic mode they fall to pieces - THERE IS NO LEADER

Reaction Score
KO must have been trying to teach JA a lesson how a real PG plays? LOL! Not even trying to get the ball inside in the last possessions to SM was a crime. UGH!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
On point Mr. Mau as usual.

And to people wondering, Adams was benched for the entire second half due to not boxing out DeCousey on the end of the first half free throws. Apparently its grounds to bench your best slasher and creator for 19 minutes over that one play.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Miller has to become more assertive and work for the ball - he also disappeared from the rebounding in the second half - yes he is good but he also likes to take a lot of plays off

Reaction Score
Two things:

1. Jalen must play. A lot. Without him, we are a terrible team that wins 2/3 of our games because we have more talent. Unfortunately, none of that talent resembles anything close to a good point guard. KO should know better.

2. Temple just isn't that bad. Dunphy is a great coach and they don't quit. With 7 games left in the regular season they find themselves in 2nd place in the AAC and winners of 4 straight games and 6 out their last 7. They deserve some respect. We should beat them, but they are pretty good.

Reaction Score
Last play of the game, and Jalen goes behind the back. Never thought I would see that. What are they thinking? Is that something drawn up? Mentally this team is not a winner. Not yet anyway.

Reaction Score
Sorry I don't agree DHam dribbled it to death - Gibbs yes
Worst loss of the year
When AB missed that layup it got the crowd going and things fell apart - this game and how the team reacted looked like late December and early January
I am not second guessing KO - too many missed bunnies - I'll bet 10 at least, Purv, Gibbs, phil, AB and Miller missed 4 in the 1st half where if he used glass they were in.
This is totally on the players - EVERY one of them - this was a statement game and they made a statement - they don't handle adversity and when in panic mode they fall to pieces - THERE IS NO LEADER

I get some of it but at times their coach does not look like a leader either. Too many of the same weaknesses game after game, things that Calhoun used to live off of. In bounds plays, getting good shots running a play through, knowing to double great FT shooters - this is a coaching issue. The game is not over down 1 with 23 seconds left and he's standing there not telling anyone to leave the inbounder and double Decoy that's terrible.

Mostly in the players who crapped themselves, but a lot on the staff too. Too many thumbs in the dark hole for me!

Reaction Score
This is not a talented team. Geez all the players had to do was catch the ball and dunk.

How many layups does RP have to miss?
Yarders were saying what happen to RPs vertical? He hasn't jump over a defense in some time. He isn't that good.
Dham is a volume shooter and a low % shooter.
Gibbs is slow and has a losers mentality. Not clutch.

Brimah gets 2 fouls in the lay up line.

What do we want from KO. These players need to graduate and move on.

Yeah Dham.will be back next year but he will need JA and or AG to be the primary ball handler.

Brimah will be back and he needs a great backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom