Quick thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quick thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is only bad in this game, no good.

We got killed on the boards despite the fact Yale was playing a zone the whole game. That should be an impossibility.

How doesn't someone flash to the free throw line in the zone? We went 4-5 straight possessions without passing the ball into the zone once.

Facey played 25 minutes? Until I looked at the boxscore, I figured he had played 10. He was completely invisible the whole night. Didn't rebound, didn't score, didn't play defense.

If Yale did not miss a ton of open 3's, they would have beat us by 10+. 2 for 20 from 3 until the game winner, and most of those misses were open.

A bad game here should have been winning by 15. It shouldn't matter how clueless the players are, the talent gap should result in a blowout. I am legitimately concerned that we have a talent deficit, and a lot of these players are not nearly as good as we thought they were.

Reaction Score
There is only bad in this game, no good.

We got killed on the boards despite the fact Yale was playing a zone the whole game. That should be an impossibility.

How doesn't someone flash to the free throw line in the zone? We went 4-5 straight possessions without passing the ball into the zone once.

Facey played 25 minutes? Until I looked at the boxscore, I figured he had played 10. He was completely invisible the whole night. Didn't rebound, didn't score, didn't play defense.

If Yale did not miss a ton of open 3's, they would have beat us by 10+. 2 for 20 from 3 until the game winner, and most of those misses were open.

A bad game here should have been winning by 15. It shouldn't matter how clueless the players are, the talent gap should result in a blowout. I am legitimately concerned that we have a talent deficit, and a lot of these players are not nearly as good as we thought they were.

There is a talent deficit and the team cannot survive 2 players injured and a 3rd the best player on the team less than 100%.

Reaction Score
To add on to some of the thoughts here...

1. The lack of a player who can attack from the elbow vs a zone. Someone who can be a triple threat from there really hurts. I remember teams with Denham Brown, CV, etc absolutely destroy zones because they could enter the ball in the high post, drive, pass, or shoot from there. I think with two healthy guards, Hamilton could be that guy but it's not there yet and I'm not sure he is physically strong enough at this time.

2. Rebounding vs the zone was awful tonight. I watched the perimeter guys jack up shots and Facey and Brimah just floating 10-12 feet from the hoop. Where is the ferocity to attack the boards vs a zone?

3. Defensive rotations were non-existent. Yale spaced the floor well enough to get decent shots but there were often wide open shots because UConn didn't rotate. They ran at the first guy, he passed off to the nearest player who was open and UConn did not run him off of the spot. Yale missed a lot of these shots, and the game could have really been out of hand had they not.

4. This team did three things really well at the end of last season, defended, took care of the ball, made ft's. They are not doing those things right now. That being said, this team is a couple of made ft's vs Texas and Yale from being 5-1 with a win over a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
They just didn't play that hard. They had no snap. You knew they were in for it early. The point about Yale getting all the loose balls is a good one. That's the game right there. Team didn't care enough.

Loose balls did not decide the game.

Reaction Score
Hamilton just transferred to UCLA.
The only place Hamilton is transferring to is the NBA....1 and DONE. You think we're bad this year, just wait....

Reaction Score
We got one back on that charge that Phil took. He was moving and put two hands on him.

Announcer kept saying he put hands on him but the replay clearly showed he put hands down and then away without touching him with them.

And after seeing the replay welch changed his tune to, Nolan moved.

Reaction Score
Announcer kept saying he put hands on him but the replay clearly showed he put hands down and then away without touching him with them.

And after seeing the replay welch changed his tune to, Nolan moved.
It wasn't a charge. No matter about the hands

Reaction Score
The bad was Boat played! Love him and his effort all the time but he should have been the decoy most of the time at 80% rather than trying to go squeeze through holes that weren't there.
There were a number of reasons we lost but that is the big one.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a charge. No matter about the hands

That's why I called it a bad call.

All I'm saying is that Welsh went on and on about the hands, then he sees the replay and changes his tune.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How?

Man some people are ignorant when they want to be negative.
i wish someone would compose a thread of these types of thread over the years so we can see how ridiculous this place is

Reaction Score
Looking back a key play in the game was Nolan's four point play. He misses a dunk and Yale gets a fast break layup. Nolan just can't miss that easy shot. A Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom