Quick Take | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quick Take

Reaction Score
You may not be joking here but you are being intentionally disingenuous if you aren't. Yes, our games against Holy Cross, Yale, UMass and Middle Tennessee are opponents that a school in the top 75 should handle without breaking a sweat and a team in the top 100 should win by more than a TD. Wyoming and Army aren't overly challenging opponents for middle of the pack FBS schools but looking at the schedule as a whole, if we were to remove one of the two FCS games and either UMass or Middle Tennessee and replace them with schools similar to Wyoming and Army the overall schedule would be similar in terms of overall quality of opponent as any we've had.
  • Fresno on the road put up a nearly identical performance against Oregon as Ohio St did at home.
  • While Purdue may not finish better than .500 in conference, it is still a major conference that they are member of and their overall depth of talent is beyond anything we’ve been able to compete with in a decade.
No, I wasn’t happy with what I saw yesterday and yes, I’m sick of the years of wasted Saturdays over the past too many years where it has become difficult to even give tickets away (so I don’t feel that purchasing them was a complete waste) but we should at least have some honesty with what we have, what we are facing and how much of a climb it will be to get where we want to be.

I’ve viewed an insane number of posts over the past 14+ hours where people were losing their minds over yesterday’s game. Did they believe that all along we had a roster capable of knocking off a middle of the pack Big 10 school but Edsall being in charge was the reason we hadn’t performed?

I know we have an enormous task ahead of us and at an advanced age (Eisenhower was president when I was born) I hate that a) we've pretty much wasted the past 20 years and b) we very likely won't get close to where could have gotten as a program before I feel I'm too old to continue wasting six or seven Saturdays every fall. That said, it is far easier to use some honesty when complaining about the situation.
If Purdue can improve their offensive line and defensive backfield, they become a very very good team. Maybe top 25.

Reaction Score
I hope el guapo is ok because we haven’t heard anything about running the option in a while. Actually starting to think this group could. Burns is a nice fullback. Would like to see him on more quick hitters. Carter has speed on the outside and Steven Krajewski knows how to turn it up field. He also throws very well on the run too. The line is too exposed.
maybe not practical considering what it takes to install it. But it would work with this group.

Reaction Score
Yeah...I don't get why people think Steven Krajewski played well. But he didn't play that great.
True but he he didn't play awful. That alone is an improvement. UConn QB play that was NOT horrific is relatively speaking, pretty well.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
True but he he didn't play awful. That alone is an improvement. UConn QB play that was NOT horrific is relatively speaking, pretty well.
I agree that he was ok. But it feels like posters think the QB situation is solved. He didn't pass for 100 yards...and for a low percentage.

Again...I am hopeful....but I am not convinced he is the long term answer. I am glad he gets a chance to prove himself over the next few games.

Reaction Score
He had 5 dropped balls that literally went through WR hands and a 6th one that was a back shoulder throw that the WR and his timing was off. He’s capable of hitting deep out routes and timing routes. His HS tape shows it. If those legit drops get caught there were atleast 2tds in those drops which could of made game 14-14 n change momentum. WRs need to stop running lazy routes. Also good for Steven Krajewski bad for offense but Steven Krajewski had 141 total yards which was 65 percent of production.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Yeah...I don't get why people think Steven Krajewski played well. He passed for 99 yards...and was 14 for 25 with a pick. Yes....he didn't throw a pick 6 off of his lineman's head...but he didn't play well.

I do like that he can run ...and I am hopeful he gets better. But he didn't play that great.

The numbers are deceiving as there was four drops at least and one was a touchdown.
He played well considering the offensive line didn't do a good job. The only bad throw was the last one to end the game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom