Quick Question re:recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quick Question re:recruiting

Reaction Score
I had a feeling that Crocker knew the kid already and as soon as he came in identified that he would not have recruited him for Nova either. That probably sealed the deal.

if UConn comes knocking offering a student a scholarship in the future which entails a pretty solid education included with the chance to play D1 football (let's hope in a P5 conference soon) and the student forgoes it for a lesser opportunity because his coach has hurt feelings over another kid, UConn will not be the one looking ridiculous in that situation. And if I was the parent of an athlete that this happened to, you'd better believe I'd make it public knowledge to current and prospective incoming athletes that the coach's self interests are coming before those of the athlete that I'm trusting to his care and diligence.

Reaction Score
Sorry, meant to quote FDNY99's quote about the HC being unhappy with Edsall and Crocker. Also, double down on what I said if it comes to light that Crocker's def. and UConn as a whole are producing on the field.

Reaction Score
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc ...

There is no way that whaler11 is right.

The one thing has nothing to do - sequentially - with the other. We are seeing things we saw from HCRE in the previous iteration. This time it was thrown together on the fly. But his STAFF has always seemed to be more defined with their recruiting duties; they have a edge to that aspect as well as being solid position coaches. The targets were out there and HCRE knows what he wants. Will we recruit like Louisville ... or some other thing? I think we will recruit a increment better than we ever saw HCRE recruit in the past ... and that is a ways beyond Diaco or PP. Simple, he knows what he wants in Football and knows how to sell the State U of Connecticut - unapologetically (the last guy - BD - seemed to cry a little how hard it was and he was a little to pristine in his RKG criteria).

Dickens? I take away a bunch from that incident. One, the NJ paperboys that riled up Finebaum and Sally Jenkins et al ... should tell us "It is US against the World". Our Brand is not loved by the Football elites and the mindless that think they ought to be elite - from NJ. Two, Dickens is an interesting case study as he clearly could be desired by Diaco but not a fit for 90% of the rest of FBS. As we look at what has come after, HCRE clearly has a different ballplayer in mind. Apples and Oranges. Three, NJ will get over it. Maybe not Raritan HS. But ... we will get a slice of that states choice players which is what we have gotten before. No effect on recruiting there in the short or long run.

The GREAT thing about these weeks ... is seeing a revised HCRE. Same guy. But he has learned some things. And I loved seeing the involvement of the new staff - particularly the enthusiasm of the young guys plus the gifts of Terry Richardson and add of Rhett Lashlee.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc ...

There is no way that whaler11 is right.

The one thing has nothing to do - sequentially - with the other. We are seeing things we saw from HCRE in the previous iteration. This time it was thrown together on the fly. But his STAFF has always seemed to be more defined with their recruiting duties; they have a edge to that aspect as well as being solid position coaches. The targets were out there and HCRE knows what he wants. Will we recruit like Louisville ... or some other thing? I think we will recruit a increment better than we ever saw HCRE recruit in the past ... and that is a ways beyond Diaco or PP. Simple, he knows what he wants in Football and knows how to sell the State U of Connecticut - unapologetically (the last guy - BD - seemed to cry a little how hard it was and he was a little to pristine in his RKG criteria).

Dickens? I take away a bunch from that incident. One, the NJ paperboys that riled up Finebaum and Sally Jenkins et al ... should tell us "It is US against the World". Our Brand is not loved by the Football elites and the mindless that think they ought to be elite - from NJ. Two, Dickens is an interesting case study as he clearly could be desired by Diaco but not a fit for 90% of the rest of FBS. As we look at what has come after, HCRE clearly has a different ballplayer in mind. Apples and Oranges. Three, NJ will get over it. Maybe not Raritan HS. But ... we will get a slice of that states choice players which is what we have gotten before. No effect on recruiting there in the short or long run.

The GREAT thing about these weeks ... is seeing a revised HCRE. Same guy. But he has learned some things. And I loved seeing the involvement of the new staff - particularly the enthusiasm of the young guys plus the gifts of Terry Richardson and add of Rhett Lashlee.

Tell that to the Trump administration.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can really only speculate on this. It seems to me that any ill will from that event is gone already. I think most kids probably realize how things work and view the publicity from the NJ event as coming from people who just didn't get it.

What I think we may be seeing is an overall renewed respect for the program based on what HCRE has done, and in particular the fact that we nabbed Auburn's OC for the same job. The message that sent is huge. It was a massive vote of confidence in the program. I suspect that it has had an impact on several of these newer commits.

Reaction Score
He got 5 kids out of NJ his last 6 classes, He ended giving NJ to Wholly when he first began. I think he had problems there.

Reaction Score
Tell that to the Trump administration.

I am certain I don't to follow up on whatever thought this is about ... except to say that a war started with Mexico over a NON-EXISTENT problem in your first 6 days in office is truly astonishing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I am certain I don't to follow up on whatever thought this is about ... except to say that a war started with Mexico over a NON-EXISTENT problem in your first 6 days in office is truly astonishing.

What used to be perceived as negative in the news seems to not always play out as negative in reality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom