Quick Post-Game Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quick Post-Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boyles first throw was to the wide side to a back and it took about 20 minutes to get out there... I'm surprised we didn't see Anderson.

If BS goes down your back up needs to step up. When the game is in hand like it was yesterday you should take that opportunity to get him some real in game experience. He won't be handing off to Max all game if he BS goes down.
If Diaco didn't want to rub it in by passing the ball for yardage(clock stopping on incompletions) he could have started to run Max in the red zone.

Reaction Score
Uconn was in control of the game from its first possession. I can not come up with any meaningful criticism of the team. UConn completely dominated a inferior opponent.

Diaco's qb sneak call was stupid, but it didn't matter today.
Why was it stupid? If worked!

Reaction Score
Don't remember the last time I kicked back and watched most of the game in relative relaxation. Not that I couldn't find fault, but it was stress-free analytics, not accompanied by anger, agitation and whatever else. That's probably it for the year though.

Reaction Score
I loved going for it on 4th and 2 deep in UCF territory. The sneak was questionable but we may have tried to surprise them with the unconventional call. Balls to the walls gets us to a Bowl game.

Reaction Score
The penalties are gonna kill them if they can't get that cleaned up. I know there are hardly any seniors on the team but most of the guys seeing decent playing time have seen enough snaps to know what's going on by now. Knappe, every game, holding and starting too early. Every game too many men in the back field or somebody doesn't report to the ref.

I'm glad they put these guys away and kept it that way all through the last quarter. It's a first for a Diaco coached team and now that they have that under their belt it should be easier to do the next time. They really needed to just pound somebody and have the luxury of stepping off the gas late.

I'd like to see some of the O-line catch a breather/more of a breather during the game. I know the depth is razor thin for the O-line but some of those guys looked as gassed as the defense in the first half.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why was it stupid? If worked!

What are you talking about? UConn called a QB Sneak on 4th and 2 and got stuffed. How is that considered working?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Don't remember the last time I kicked back and watched most of the game in relative relaxation. Not that I couldn't find fault, but it was stress-free analytics, not accompanied by anger, agitation and whatever else. That's probably it for the year though.
that was nice wasn't it. i'd forgotten how it feels to coast through a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom