Quick New Haven Food Stop | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quick New Haven Food Stop

Reaction Score
I worked at Claire's for a year and a half after graduating college. Claire was super good to me and still greets me very warmly every time I stop by even though it's been almost 10 years since I quit. Many of my co-workers had been working there for a decade plus and still work there to this day, which I think is a sign of a well-run business.

My vote for a quick lunch spot would be the food carts on Cedar Street by the hospital. You will be amazed at the vast array of quality options there and the prices can't be beat. I've eaten at just about every one at least once.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just parked at Yale to visit my mom who had a heart attack last weekend.

All in all, she’s doing fine and should probably be home in a few days, but since I’m here and will be back in a few days, hit me up with a few spots for a quick take-out/counter service/snack spot near Yale.

Last weekend, went to an all-time favorite of mine: Claire’s Corner Copia.
Sorry to hear about your mom. I just said a prayer for her.

Reaction Score
I worked at Claire's for a year and a half after graduating college. Claire was super good to me and still greets me very warmly every time I stop by even though it's been almost 10 years since I quit. Many of my co-workers had been working there for a decade plus and still work there to this day, which I think is a sign of a well-run business.

My vote for a quick lunch spot would be the food carts on Cedar Street by the hospital. You will be amazed at the vast array of quality options there and the prices can't be beat. I've eaten at just about every one at least once.
Lithuanian Coffee Cake with Frosting has always been one of their top desserts. Once in awhile , they have had gingerbread cake, which was awesome too.

Reaction Score

My first internship was with the accounting firm that did their financials. Ate lunch there a lot in the mid 90s

Reaction Score
Menya Gumi (I think Mecha is a little overrated)
Sherkaan is absolutely amazing
Menya gumi is possibly my favorite ramen place with the only possible exception being momofuku

Reaction Score
Menya gumi is possibly my favorite ramen place with the only possible exception being momofuku
Lol can’t fault you for having momofuku #1

It’s been tough finding really good ramen here in CT after being in SD for a while. I’m sure there ar good spots littered about SW CT but I’ve been needing to make a point to get it in NY when I visit my brother. Pumped to be moving back to Boston with Asian food galore.

Reaction Score
Hopefully your Mom is home and resting
Thanks!

I’ll pick her up tomorrow and spend the next two days at her place as she gets situated and have a few follow-ups at local hospitals.

I’m going to hit up Ladle and Loaf tomorrow. Looks incredible and right up my alley.

Reaction Score
New Haven peeps!

Recommended lunch spots a quick walk from Yale’s basketball gym? A friend’s birthday, a party of 3 and doesn’t need to be fancy.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
New Haven peeps!

Recommended lunch spots a quick walk from Yale’s basketball gym? A friend’s birthday, a party of 3 and doesn’t need to be fancy.
Not that many great restaurants within a few blocks of Yale’s gym. Your better off walking down towards Crown or College and hitting Gironimo’s, Harvest, or Bar.

Reaction Score
New Haven peeps!

Not sure how quick the food will be or how “adventurous” your friend is but Sherkaan is super close and has absolutely amazing (and accessible) Indian food. Cocktails are great too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom