Quick New Haven Food Stop | The Boneyard

Quick New Haven Food Stop

Reaction Score
Just parked at Yale to visit my mom who had a heart attack last weekend.

All in all, she’s doing fine and should probably be home in a few days, but since I’m here and will be back in a few days, hit me up with a few spots for a quick take-out/counter service/snack spot near Yale.

Last weekend, went to an all-time favorite of mine: Claire’s Corner Copia.

Reaction Score
Just parked at Yale to visit my mom who had a heart attack last weekend.

All in all, she’s doing fine and should probably be home in a few days, but since I’m here and will be back in a few days, hit me up with a few spots for a quick take-out/counter service/snack spot near Yale.

Last weekend, went to an all-time favorite of mine: Claire’s Corner Copia.
Loved Claire’s when I was in law school. But it’s so long since I’ve been in New Haven for lunch, ….

Reaction Score
Zois !! amazing sandwiches…. on Grove st near the cor of Church a couple doors down from Brueggers . Amazing sandwiches! Like dangerous.

A healthier good option is B Natural on College Street. Their wraps are really good.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Mecha Noodle for Ramen

Reaction Score
Nica’s Market on Orange Street is an absolute must.

Second Nica's if you're looking for quick takeout. Wings from Archie Moore's. Burger and beer at Rudy's. Grinder at Del Monaco's. If you're looking for a decent pizza spot but don't want to deal with the crowds, Next Door is solid and shouldn't have a wait.

Reaction Score
Enormous chicken pesto sandwich and other oversized sandwiches.

Nearby and check the hours, is Elena's Ice cream on Orange Street. You can buy their pints in the display case and everyday is a new and great flavor of ice cream.

Personally, I like the chocolate oat milk soft serve. It is just that: made with oak milk, not cream, and really good.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the rec! It was super crowded when I was there, so I didn't end up buying anything at the counter, but it was fun to look around and take the scenic route through campus from the hospital.
Mecha Noodle for Ramen
That's my go-to soup spot in South Norwalk. Usually, I order take out and then by the time I get home it's the perfect temp to enjoy.
Hit up the food trucks on Long Wharf!
I've still never tried them!
Loved Claire’s when I was in law school. But it’s so long since I’ve been in New Haven for lunch, ….
The verdict is in: after Nica's, I stopped by Claire's again. Picked up a coffee, cookie, granola and then frittatas to warm up later today for dinner.

I pick up my mom probably on Monday, so I'll try some others then.

Thanks for all the recs everyone!

Reaction Score
Thanks for the rec! It was super crowded when I was there, so I didn't end up buying anything at the counter, but it was fun to look around and take the scenic route through campus from the hospital.

That's my go-to soup spot in South Norwalk. Usually, I order take out and then by the time I get home it's the perfect temp to enjoy.

I've still never tried them!

The verdict is in: after Nica's, I stopped by Claire's again. Picked up a coffee, cookie, granola and then frittatas to warm up later today for dinner.

I pick up my mom probably on Monday, so I'll try some others then.

Thanks for all the recs everyone!
Stop and Ladle & Loaf on Whalley when you’re back on Monday. Fantastic food.

Reaction Score
Actually, next door to Ladle and Loaf is Edge of the Woods ( a vegan grocery) with a very nice hot bar and a juice bar with prepared sandwiches. I think their ratatouille is the best I've ever had. Their baked goods are excellent too.

There is an area where you can eat next to this food area.

You can get your food to go at Edge, if you chose to eat at Ladle and Loaf first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom