OT: - Questions for YouTube TV Subscribers | The Boneyard

OT: Questions for YouTube TV Subscribers

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What was your experience with recording UConn games last season?
What steps are needed to get recordings?
Can you watch games in a different location while recording at your home address?
If not can you watch it after the recording?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can you watch games in a different location while recording at your home address?

Never had a problem recording. Did find it easier to set up recording from a desktop/laptop than I did from mobile device. Much like cable you can find a UConn game and select a record all UConn basketball game option and then you don't have to worry about doing it for each game.

Watching in one location usually isn't an issue after the game is played. Only issue you run in to is if the game is on OTA CBS, Fox, etc and you try to log in from a remote location. YTTV pings your location and will change your local stations to the local station where you are at. Cable channels like FS1, CBSSN or the mickey mouse sports channels are universally avaialbe for viewing within US. Bonus is you can use your YTTV credentials to watch ESPN3 programming.

Once it records, you shouldn't have any issues logging in anywhere in the US and watching the event.

All this is for travel within the US. Go outside US and it becomes a bit of a quagmire as you'll need a VPN which masks your foreign IP address and gets YTTV to think it's a US IP address.

Reaction Score
- Set it up once and you can choose the option to have it record every UConn game that's on regardless of channel

- See above, no need to worry about extending time, it'll tape until the end of the game. I think there may have been an issue with late starts on a different channel but not 100% sure

- Don't believe you can watch live/late from a different location but can start late and it gives you the option to start from beginning/watch key plays/join live. Only ever did from beginning because I'm not a casual fan ™️

- Can watch after recording, they save forever on the cloud

Reaction Score

1) I've had YoutubeTV since it came out for my area. So at least 4+ years. No issues at all with any game broadcast on a channel that is covered by Youtubetv

2) You record by clicking the + sign. You could also record all UConn games by searching for UConn and then finding whatever sport you want to record and hit +.

3) Yes as long as your screen limit is not over its limit. Usually 2 or 3 simultaneous viewings. (As long as your in same Region of country)

4) You can watch it after the recording is over or during it. You could fast forward past commercials if you start watching it late as well.

Make sure you turn on the extra time recording for sports. It will add 30 minutes to the end of the game so in case the game runs long it will still record.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the responses!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
One more thing. You can set up your options to hide the score of the game as it appears on your library if you are watching it taped delayed or just starting behind the live feed. I highly recommend using the score hiding function on your settings.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I record every one. Can watch it on any device on my network or any network, as long as it's signed in to my YT-TV, even if I'm watching it on another device. All of last season is still in my library.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I record every one. Can watch it on any device on my network or any network, as long as it's signed in to my YT-TV, even if I'm watching it on another device. All of last season is still in my library.
Yes. One nice feature that I haven’t used yet, but plan to, is you have the option of either replaying the game or just replaying the highlights and key plays.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Yes. One nice feature that I haven’t used yet, but plan to, is you have the option of either replaying the game or just replaying the highlights and key plays.
Tried it once or twice, but they seem to define highlights differently than I do.<G>

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Tried it once or twice, but they seem to define highlights differently than I do.<G>

Yeah, the key plays feature is interesting, but half-baked.

Reaction Score
Another feature I love is everyone in your family can login separately to the same overarching account with their personal google accounts. So everyone can have their own settings, recordings, and preferences.

Reaction Score
All true, it's feature-rich and intuitive. Plus, there's no limit to the number of recordings you can schedule nor a time limit to keep them.
What it lacks is a contract with the YES network. :mad:

Reaction Score
One more question on this... who have people gone with for an internet provider when they've cut the cord. I've finally gotten sick of what I'm paying with Cox and want to make the move to YouTube TV. Have you stuck with cable providers for internet? Anyone try GoNetSpeed? I know Frontier has changed their services a bit, but heard nothing but bad things about them. Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
Recording any game is super easy. Unlimited DVR. Saves for 9 months.

Go to your library to watch the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom