Questions for those attending the Duke game | The Boneyard

Questions for those attending the Duke game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) What sections are the UConn sections?
2) which side is our bench on?
3) How do I buy tickets (or do I just have to go to Stubhub)?

Reaction Score
I so wish the game was at MSG, Barclay's or the Rock. Not a single bar within walking distance of IZOD.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Also got mine on ticketmaster. I'm sure there will be a good representation of UConn fans (probably more than Duke), so its not like you'll be at an away game.

Reaction Score
Hey, we made it to post #3 in this thread before there was a complaint about the venue! I guess that's progress.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if there is public transportation that gets to IZOD? I'm just worried about traffic on a weekday in late December

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if there is public transportation that gets to IZOD? I'm just worried about traffic on a weekday in late December

There is, but it requires a few connections. You can take Metro North to Grand Central and then get yourself over to the Port Authority and take the bus. NJ Transit runs busses for special events, not sure if this one falls under that.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConnTrumbull said:

There is a Direct Football train for Giants/Jets games but that's not normal service.

You should be able to take Metro North, find you way to the NJ transit at Penn Station and take the Meadowlands Train from the Secaucus Junction station.

Or you can Google Meadowlands train for a clearer description.

Just checked NJ Transit. No train service to the stadium for BB games. Bus service is from the Port Authority or NJ Transit.

Last edited:

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
There is a Direct Football train for Giants/Jets games but that's not normal service.

You should be able to take Metro North, find you way to the NJ transit at Penn Station and take the Meadowlands Train from the Secaucus Junction station.

Or you can Google Meadowlands train for a clearer description.

Just checked NJ Transit. No train service to the stadium for BB games. Bus service is from the Port Authority or NJ Transit.

Yup, that Meadowlands train won't get you there for the Duke game. Unfortunately looks like it's a bus (or Taxi if you're feeling crazy).

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

I'll be driving up the NJ turnpike - not worried about traffic. I'll leave work early, and even with traffic shouldn't be an issue.

The Izod arena is best reachable by car (unlike MSG or Barclays).

Reaction Score
Also got mine on ticketmaster. I'm sure there will be a good representation of UConn fans (probably more than Duke), so its not like you'll be at an away game.
I would be willing to bet a fair wager that Duke has 60-70% of the arena that day. Duke has ALOT of alumni in NYC which is why they try to get at least one game a year on the schedule there. Tickets are fairly expensive which may deter some UConn fans, especially to New Jersey. I was at the Duke/UConn game at MSG in 2009 and it was a Duke Home game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It looks like no one has an answer for 1 and 2. Ticketmaster is the answer for 3. Things you didn't solicit, bars in the area and transpertation instructions, are the most prominent posts. Next time ask for bars and transportation , skip the things that are relevant for you and you might get better results.

Reaction Score
I would be willing to bet a fair wager that Duke has 60-70% of the arena that day. Duke has ALOT of alumni in NYC which is why they try to get at least one game a year on the schedule there. Tickets are fairly expensive which may deter some UConn fans, especially to New Jersey. I was at the Duke/UConn game at MSG in 2009 and it was a Duke Home game.

That 2009 game was not a duke home game. I'd say Uconn had slightly more fans, but when you get blown out from about 5 minutes into the game, of course their fans were louder. There were only about 12k fans at that game as well. I have no idea who's going to travel better to the meadowlands, but dont bank on it being a sellout. Neither Duke or Uconn are huge draws for early season games, especially mid week.

Reaction Score
None of you s answered my questions. You all just complained about driving to New Jersey. I'll be flying in from Colorado. So, why don't you grow a pair and drive an extra 30 minutes?

Reaction Score
None of you s answered my questions. You all just complained about driving to New Jersey. I'll be flying in from Colorado. So, why don't you grow a pair and drive an extra 30 minutes?
And can anyone tell me where the UConn section is?

Reaction Score
Uconn sections:
109, 110, 120, 121, 111-117, 212-214, 215-219

Reaction Score
That 2009 game was not a duke home game. I'd say Uconn had slightly more fans, but when you get blown out from about 5 minutes into the game, of course their fans were louder. There were only about 12k fans at that game as well. I have no idea who's going to travel better to the meadowlands, but dont bank on it being a sellout. Neither Duke or Uconn are huge draws for early season games, especially mid week.

Not sure what the 12k fans refers to but there was without a doubt more duke fans at that game. I was in the uconn family and friends section surrounded by duke fans. My brother was in the upper bowl work his friends surroundedby duke fans. Every other person I ttalked to said the same and from looking around the arena you could tell there were more duke fans. It was probably 60/40 split maybe even a little more to duke.

Duke always shows well in NYC and Jersey. Their alumni come out in droves cause it's their only opportunity to see duke play unlike uconn fans who can see their team more often in this area.

I expect duke to have more fans at this game also.

Reaction Score
Easy ride by car.......I can get there from WesMass in 2 hours minus traffic easy.........leave early and don;t drink too much. Oh crap in that case, who am I going to get to drive?

Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC