Question on TV Coverage. | The Boneyard

Question on TV Coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was wondering if CPTV is allowed to pick up any games SNY, ESPN. ESPNU, CBSCS Doesn't broadcast. Like the two exibition games,(unlikely) and some out of conference games like the Paradise Jam. Were Uconn broadcasts lucrative enough? Broadcasting a few games may make a profit
for them. I would donate for sure just to thank them for the memories.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was wondering if CPTV is allowed to pick up any games SNY, ESPN. ESPNU, CBSCS Doesn't broadcast. Like the two exibition games,(unlikely) and some out of conference games like the Paradise Jam. Were Uconn broadcasts lucrative enough? Broadcasting a few games may make a profit for them. I would donate for sure just to thank them for the memories.
It's hard to say without knowing the exact agreement with SNY, which I haven't read. If UConn sold SNY rights to all of the games not shown on the networks then CPTV will have to negotiate with SNY to buy the rights to games. That might be too expensive for CPTV.

You can still donate, though. Become a member of CPTV. Even though the games won't be on CPTV, my husband and I still watch American Experience, an outstanding series for those that like history, NOVA, anything by Ken Burns, This Old House and numerous other programs. We'll continue to contribute. I do hope that CPTV takes advantage of its archives and shows some older games - that would be lots of fun.

Reaction Score
. I do hope that CPTV takes advantage of its archives and shows some older games - that would be lots of fun.[/quote]

I'd love to see them pick a year, and play a game a week for that year. I forgot who won by now,but it's kind of easy to guess, but would be something worth watching and paying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom