Question on Tuck | The Boneyard

Question on Tuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Early in the season Morgan had knee problems, probably from previous injury and surgery. She now wears a brace and the knee didn't seem to be a factor in the last half of the season or so.
Is she or will she ever be deemed 100%. Will she always require the brace as a precaution?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Early in the season Morgan had knee problems, probably from previous injury and surgery. She now wears a brace and the knee didn't seem to be a factor in the last half of the season or so.
Is she or will she ever be deemed 100%. Will she always require the brace as a precaution?
I actually think it was not related to previous surgery, at least as reported. The reports I read were bone bruise though I was curious that a brace was needed. Perhaps it had to do with more internal bruising in the joint? really don't know - do we have an orthpedist in the house?

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, depending on what type of bone bruise it was the brace was probably there to stabilize the movement of the bones around her knee. If it is Interosseous bruise, which is a bruise that is caused by high compressive forces that are repetitively inflicted. So my guess would be Morgan's bones around her knee were constantly shifting and knocking from a way she moved or the way she landed and the brace was just there to prevent it from happening so the bruise could heal. But I'm not medical student.

HGN

Reaction Score
Late in the season I read that the coaching staff wanted her to wear it more as a precaution. It didn't seem to hinder her movement at all.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Cbus - thanks for the info - been curious about that since last fall when the injury surfaced.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well, depending on what type of bone bruise it was the brace was probably there to stabilize the movement of the bones around her knee. If it is Interosseous bruise, which is a bruise that is caused by high compressive forces that are repetitively inflicted. So my guess would be Morgan's bones around her knee were constantly shifting and knocking from a way she moved or the way she landed and the brace was just there to prevent it from happening so the bruise could heal. But I'm not medical student.
Perhaps, but did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently?!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I may be missing the joke here....but I have not...
They have a bunch of commercials where an average joe becomes a rocket scientist or doctor or whatever after staying at a Holiday Inn Express...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Oh!! Thanks Eric! I get it now! I'm with it! Hahaha I've never seen that, that was good!

Reaction Score
I think I read somewhere or she mentioned in a interview that (Morgan) her previous knee injury was to her other knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom