Question on kids who left vs. those coming in replacing them... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Question on kids who left vs. those coming in replacing them...

Reaction Score
Are you saying that the transfers out had a higher ceiling than the guys that came in? I would disagree with that strongly. Would have loved CFJ to stick around, would have liked Akok to stick around to see if he could get some of his old ways back, but the group we brought in as both a vastly higher floor and ceiling for next year than the transfers out.
No Big Ern is saying last years team with Cole, Martin, et al had a higher floor

Reaction Score
We'll probably be able to fill in the deep bench spots with similar talent too once summer rolls around and guys who are still left in the portal start to feel a little desperate. The portal pressure works both ways

Just like NBA free agency. Player thinks he's gonna get a $10-15M pretty year contract and when the money dries up he's left signing for the mid-level exception or veteran's min contract.

Reaction Score
My take is compared to last year, Newton should cover the loss of Cole and Alleyne would make up for the 3 point threat from Polley (and I expect him to be better than last years Polley). Akok, Diggins and Floyd were nonfactors as they didn’t play, or at least didn’t play any sort of decent minutes. So we’re looking at a loss from Gaffney, Martin, and Whaley essentially. Gaffney just wasn’t good last year, any backup point guard can easily replace his production (and hopefully do better), whether it be Castle or a transfer. Martin and Whaley will be hard to replace, but I think the big potential of AJ, Hawkins, and Johnson, not to mention Clingan and Karaban, will outgain the loss of those two. Then of course Sanogo can step up to be the guy and one of the best in the league.

I would say we’re much better off where we’re at now than what we had last year. Let’s bring in a backup guard or two and sit pretty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom