Question for UCONN Hoops1 | The Boneyard

Question for UCONN Hoops1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey Steve, to send a PM just click on the user's name and then click "start a conversation."

Reaction Score
sorry, I'm either too slow, too stupid or perhaps both to figure out how to send a private message on the "new Yard."

UCONN Hoops1, I would appreciate your feedback on my post (linked below) re: UCONN-Creighton soccer from the "UCONN Olympic Sports" board. Thanks!

http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/uconn-creighton-ncaa-soccer.28935/page-2

Hi Steve85!! I think UConnDan97 hit the nail squarely on the head with his response to your concerns. Keeping Reid is an absolute no brainer. As you well know, at all levels, football(soccer) schedules are minefields; and Ray Reid regularly brings in,develops and coaches a multi-national,multi-cultural roster with far more success than failure. Collegiate football is a much more level playing field. It's not like the BIG 5 in the EPL gobbling up the best talent because of the size of their checkbooks. 17-4-1 is a great year; and, as UConnDan97 said, winning NCs in big numbers is impossible to do. It's not like 15-20 years ago when Indiana and a handful of other programs dominated the landscape.

I've actually watched very little of my beloved United this season(despite the fact that they are having a great year) because of the emotional wringer(which I'm sure you know) that each and every match is. I needed a break. But back to the point. UConn football is an elite program and the reason is Ray Reid. He was a winner for a long time at SCSC and UConn was very fortunate to get and keep him. I'm sure a ton of other programs would love to have him. Tactically I would like to see the Huskies play more possession with a lot less aimless, non-productive running with the ball. But that's a discussion for another day. Great to hear from you. And I'm ALWAYS ready to talk football! :)

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE HAWKS!!!

Reaction Score
Steve you scared me....."UConn football is an elite program":eek: ......Then I realized you were talking futbol, soccer. Thought you went off the deep end.........

Reaction Score
Steve you scared me....."UConn football is an elite program":eek: ......Then I realized you were talking futbol, soccer. Thought you went off the deep end.........

lol Mau. by the way, that was UCONN Hoops1 talkin, not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom